Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aye. And the worst when both your primary and backup computers stop working in less than a months time...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-

I'll just say. Uhhhhg... 6 months of pay down the drain.
Typical for technology though. It always breaks when you need it most.
(09-07-2016, 02:11 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Typical for technology though. It always breaks when you need it most.
My only response :
https://youtu.be/Fc1P-AEaEp8
I finished my math work a week ahead of schedule...what do I do now?
(09-07-2016, 02:16 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I finished my math work a week ahead of schedule...what do I do now?

SCIENCE!
(09-07-2016, 02:16 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I finished my math work a week ahead of schedule...what do I do now?

you definitely did something wrong, there's a purpose it supposed to be finished a week later, check and do it again
(09-07-2016, 05:52 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]

you definitely did something wrong, there's a purpose it supposed to be finished a week later, check and do it again
It's online so the program checks it instantly, so I can't do that.

Also the word you're looking for is reason not purpose, to use purpose in this context you would say "there is a purpose for that" but even that's a bit dodgy

[Image: tumblr_ocrc2lrLC71vzt973o1_1280.jpg]
hahahahahahahahahahaha.
got home from school at just after 6 pm.
got finished schoolwork just before 8 pm.
have to wake up in the morning at 6 am so i can be at school at 8 pm so i can be there for 9 hours so i can come home and probably do another hour or two of schoolwork.
rinse and repeat for weeks. assuming i can get into the courses i'm missing otherwise i have to do those next year.
and then exams are going to happen. and then a short ass break. and then semester two aka more of the same.
hahahahahahaha.
what is sleep. what is sanity. what is calm. i don't need these things. i have college. so much fucking college. and then more college when i get home from college. because i heard you like college so i put college after your coWELL YOU HEARD FUCKING WRONG. GOOD GODDAMN DAY SIR AND OR MADAM.

Two days. We haven't even started 3/4 of the curriculum. I haven't even been to every class I'm having yet. I'm already stressed and depressed and worrying about the upcoming weeks and months. WONDERFUL.
(09-08-2016, 03:32 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]hahahahahahahahahahaha.
got home from school at just after 6 pm.
got finished schoolwork just before 8 pm.
have to wake up in the morning at 6 am so i can be at school at 8 pm so i can be there for 9 hours so i can come home and probably do another hour or two of schoolwork.
rinse and repeat for weeks. assuming i can get into the courses i'm missing otherwise i have to do those next year.
and then exams are going to happen. and then a short ass break. and then semester two aka more of the same.
hahahahahahaha.
what is sleep. what is sanity. what is calm. i don't need these things. i have college. so much fucking college. and then more college when i get home from college. because i heard you like college so i put college after your coWELL YOU HEARD FUCKING WRONG. GOOD GODDAMN DAY SIR AND OR MADAM.

Two days. We haven't even started 3/4 of the curriculum. I haven't even been to every class I'm having yet. I'm already stressed and depressed and worrying about the upcoming weeks and months. WONDERFUL.

welcome to colleg, do and do no socialize and time management is everything, having a sponge brain/memory really helps alot, access to the class' slides is also recommended
(09-08-2016, 03:59 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]welcome to colleg, do and do no socialize and time management is everything, having a sponge brain/memory really helps alot, access to the class' slides is also recommended

>terrible at time management and very slow worker
>bad memory
>classes don't use slides for the most part

I'm 3 for 3.
F##k.
(09-08-2016, 04:16 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2016, 03:59 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]welcome to colleg, do and do no socialize and time management is everything, having a sponge brain/memory really helps alot, access to the class' slides is also recommended

>terrible at time management and very slow worker
>bad memory
>classes don't use slides for the most part

I'm 3 for 3.
F##k.
you're doomed for life and in debt
you're still in the green
The weak become strong through a need to be strong, the strong still struggle, because it's college.
Good luck, and don't make the mistake I did of not specifying EXACTLY, TO A TEE, what notes were for what subject and what section. It will save you entire hours of panic.
Why'd you waste your money on college?

The only degrees they offer to actually be worthwhile are doctors and lawyers. Everything else, its just a worthless scrap of paper to trick some idiotic human resources manager into giving you the worst kinds of overworked and underpaid jobs imaginable. You can get a much better job by bringing a portfolio of what you've accomplished in your field, and skipping the frustration and debt of college.
(09-08-2016, 04:44 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Why'd you waste your money on college?

The only degrees they offer to actually be worthwhile are doctors and lawyers. Everything else, its just a worthless scrap of paper to trick some idiotic human resources manager into giving you the worst kinds of overworked and underpaid jobs imaginable. You can get a much better job by bringing a portfolio of what you've accomplished in your field, and skipping the frustration and debt of college.

I'm sure engineers do need the degree or master,
(09-08-2016, 04:27 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]you're doomed for life and in debt
Not in debt but the other part wouldn't be surprising at this rate.

(09-08-2016, 04:30 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]The weak become strong through a need to be strong, the strong still struggle, because it's college.
Good luck, and don't make the mistake I did of not specifying EXACTLY, TO A TEE, what notes were for what subject and what section. It will save you entire hours of panic.
I'll remember that.

(09-08-2016, 04:44 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Why'd you waste your money on college?

I didn't waste money on college.
My mother wasted money on college. Or rather she wasted the money she saved to get me into college on college.
Because she's obsessed with me being in school or getting a job ASAP even though I don't actually know what I want to do.
So now I'm in a program for a subject I don't really want to follow through with job-wise, because mom thinks that having something on my resume, no matter how arbitrary, will be better than me taking time to figure out what I want to do in life beforehand. Because I need a college degree to get anything above McDonalds, even if the degree is for something I probably don't want to do for a living.

Also, what field? I don't have a field. Also, it isn't worthless, as there are actual official non-college certifications offered...
Although they expire every three years, so it's still barely useful.

So yeah I'm stuck in a stressful environment against my will doing something I don't want to do and paying to do it all because Mom doesn't want me to sit around and "be lazy" for another year. Honestly, I'd probably end up doing exactly that though, because my anxiety and social ineptitude is too high to function properly in society. So maybe she's right for all but guilt-trip-forcing me into this. I don't f$$king know.

Computer networking, maintenance, hardware and circuitry... All stuff I'd be interested in learning. Not something I want to do for a living. Also not something I want to go to college for. Only reason I ended up with this was because my other options were all full or uninteresting to me, and due to this program being a one year certificate and/or two year credentials deal, I thought it'd be easier than the longer courses. Apparently, they just try to condense TOO DAMN MUCH material into TOO DAMN SHORT of a timeframe.
(09-08-2016, 05:05 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm sure engineers do need the degree or master,

Yeah all engineers need the university degrees on what they want to do (Unless you include metal fab as engineering but really it isn't).
And depending and what engineering job you are doing it can pay as much a a lawyer or doctor (Sometimes even more depending on location and if it private or public hire).
[Image: 13736832_326898331033424_1218325297_n.jp...%3D%3D.2.c]
(09-08-2016, 05:26 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2016, 04:27 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]you're doomed for life and in debt
Not in debt but the other part wouldn't be surprising at this rate.

(09-08-2016, 04:30 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]The weak become strong through a need to be strong, the strong still struggle, because it's college.
I'll remember that.

I didn't waste money on college.
My mother wasted money on college. Or rather she wasted the money she saved to get me into college on college.
Because she's obsessed with me being in school or getting a job ASAP even though I don't actually know what I want to do.
So now I'm in a program for a subject I don't really want to follow through with job-wise, because mom thinks that having something on my resume, no matter how arbitrary, will be better than me taking time to figure out what I want to do in life beforehand. Because I need a college degree to get anything above McDonalds, even if the degree is for something I probably don't want to do for a living.

Also, what field? I don't have a field. Also, it isn't worthless, as there are actual official non-college certifications offered...
Although they expire every three years, so it's still barely useful.

So yeah I'm stuck in a stressful environment against my will doing something I don't want to do and paying to do it all because Mom doesn't want me to sit around and "be lazy" for another year. Honestly, I'd probably end up doing exactly that though, because my anxiety and social ineptitude is too high to function properly in society. So maybe she's right for all but guilt-trip-forcing me into this. I don't f$$king know.

Computer networking, maintenance, hardware and circuitry... All stuff I'd be interested in learning. Not something I want to do for a living. Also not something I want to go to college for. Only reason I ended up with this was because my other options were all full or uninteresting to me, and due to this program being a one year certificate and/or two year credentials deal, I thought it'd be easier than the longer courses. Apparently, they just try to condense TOO DAMN MUCH material into TOO DAMN SHORT of a timeframe.

The worst. The absolute worst. Get out of there before you end up deeper in debt than you ever thought possible.

1. Computer anything degrees are completely useless. Everything they taught you is already 3-5 years outdated, and will be even moreso by the time you actually hit the workforce.

2. College is your own choice to make, not your parents. Don't ever let parents push you into it before you are ready, because you will be stuck with the bill for the next 20 years or more.

3. A degree does not guarantee you a job. It doesn't make you worth more either, despite everyone thinking it does. Nope, its just a completely worthless scrap of paper that proves you believed what you were told and put yourself deep in debt for next to no benefit at all because your parents told you it would be worth it.

Its not worth it. Cold reality. Perspective of a bitter old man here who is still paying his college debt years later while working a job that anyone with a passion for could do just as well.

Oh and I do a lot of engineering, on a pretty high level too. Electromechanical engineering even, exactly what I went to college for. I ran out of money before I could get my degree, yet I've found a nice job where not only am I hands on with the equipment and out there talking to the people building it, but I'm actually designing it and rarely having to put up with management gutting my design for cost reasons because they want it cheaper.

All this week I'll be engineering a machine enclosure- a series of moving panels to protect workers from the flying debris the machines produce that will automatically move out of the way so the workers can change workpieces or replace tools. Surprisingly sophisticated automation engineering, alongside a mechanical engineer that doesn't have a degree either, and a team of welders and machinists to bring it to life.

(09-08-2016, 05:54 AM)dancool57 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2016, 05:05 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure engineers do need the degree or master,

Yeah all engineers need the university degrees on what they want to do (Unless you include metal fab as engineering but really it isn't).
And depending and what engineering job you are doing it can pay as much a a lawyer or doctor (Sometimes even more depending on location and if it private or public hire).

I think you've been mislead.

Only the highest levels of engineering actually require a degree, the rest do not. A degree gets you to be a civil engineer designing bridges the rest of your life, or an aerospace engineer so burdened by regulations you can't actually do anything. Having a degree in any other form of engineering puts you in the worst of jobs, desk jobs where you put your heart and soul into designing the perfect apparatus only for upper management to come through and completely gut it into a half baked piece of garbage because your design costs too much.

Meanwhile tons of people are doing engineering level work in almost every industry without a relevant degree in it. Every day I'm working with other engineers to make my designs possible, some of which are also without a degree. Amusingly enough, the engineers that have a degree are the ones least likely to produce a successful design. Yes they can solve it on paper- but I do that too. The difference is that a degree is not experience, and an inexperienced engineer who doesn't consider how things are made or how they will be used will always produce a bad design that is difficult to make and poor performing in the field.

Metal Fabrication is not engineering though, but for anything more complex than a shelf there was an engineer somewhere along the line that designed all the pieces and how they would go together, making sure the design was likely to work before fabrication began. And since anyone with a knack for tinkering and a bit of experience building things can do that sort of engineering, you would be amazed how many mechanical engineers are without degree. Like I said, you only actually need it if you are aiming for a regulated field like civil or aerospace engineers where the insurance company morons want that stupid piece of paper just to cover their sorry asses with if what you are designing causes an accident.

Hence why I'm going to technical school for Computer Systems and Information Technology.

I'm very fortunate to have 100% financial aid due to qualifying for a program known as Vocational Rehab, and the school has classes 7 to 12:15 Monday through Friday.

No homework though!
So I just had a doozy of an Overwatch match. Our team consists of 5 gold rated players and 1 plat, their team consists of 3 platinum rated players and 3 golds. Great start. So I'm expecting a total shutout, I get my big hammer, throw my shield up, and brace myself for at least 6 minutes of hell. Then we push into the first checkpoint, then the second, the enemy team keeps blowing 4-5 ultimates at a time to shut down our pushes and so we keep moving forward, and then we pull out an overtime win on the final checkpoint. I'm ecstatic that we've made it this far, and warn my team that if they attack the way they defended this will be hell, they tone back slightly on how many ultimates they are using at a time but still throw them away willy nilly, and after a few close shaves we pull out another overtime win with them having never passed the first checkpoint.
I got play of the match too, which was icing on the cake.
[Image: 093434eba295dfbcb7c60f496f109a77.jpg]