Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That was me asking Odin. While answering you at the same time. Or trying.
(07-30-2017, 12:56 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]That was me asking Odin.  While answering you at the same time.  Or trying.
If you do it separately its easier trust me as sombody who can also speak English. It's not hard to speakuh dah englishhhh. At least for me. Because i can do the english good much.
Wow it took me way too long to realize they wardrobe swapped.
(07-30-2017, 03:01 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow it took me way too long to realize they wardrobe swapped.

And the only reason I realized is because you brought it up.  Heh.

Tomorrow I start moving to a new house.  

Progress: Already packing. Coaxing issuer into checking the internet package to make sure she doesn't pay for a month extra by accident.
Well today was interesting. Some madman on Reddit offered me money to draw his sona Friday. I agreed on a strictly "pay whatever it's worth" basis and delivered the finished thing to him today. It's apparently not worth much anything to him, which I don't really mind as it's not worth a whole lot to me.
The point is that some total lunatic sought me out as an artist and I was able to actually deliver so that's nice.
(07-30-2017, 06:35 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Well today was interesting. Some madman on Reddit offered me money to draw his sona Friday. I agreed on a strictly "pay whatever it's worth" basis and delivered the finished thing to him today. It's apparently not worth much anything to him, which I don't really mind as it's not worth a whole lot to me.
The point is that some total lunatic sought me out as an artist and I was able to actually deliver so that's nice.

...  Uhh.  Never do "pay what it's worth".  You'll get screwed.  "Make an offer" is much better.  Arts is now a competitive market.  Glad you are proud of yourself though.
(07-30-2017, 06:35 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Well today was interesting. Some madman on Reddit offered me money to draw his sona Friday. I agreed on a strictly "pay whatever it's worth" basis and delivered the finished thing to him today. It's apparently not worth much anything to him, which I don't really mind as it's not worth a whole lot to me.
Cool? I'm glad you made something you think is good... that pay what it's worth doesn't sound like a good buisness thing, but ehhh i dont know.
RP might hiccup a bit because I'll be at a steam engine show August 8-12 and will be too busy to do much more than glimpse at the place while working on a 102 year old steam engine and camping in the primitive as part of the experience.
(07-30-2017, 07:46 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]RP might hiccup a bit because I'll be at a steam engine show August 8-12 and will be too busy to do much more than glimpse at the place while working on a 102 year old steam engine and camping in the primitive as part of the experience.

I hope you have an enjoyable time.  Don't overexert too much.
(07-30-2017, 07:46 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]RP might hiccup a bit because I'll be at a steam engine show August 8-12 and will be too busy to do much more than glimpse at the place while working on a 102 year old steam engine and camping in the primitive as part of the experience.
Have fun doing that. Doesn't sound like something I'd want to do but I'm not the one going. So have fun odin.
Moving status:  Access restricted on internet.  This is likely my last message until internet is set up at our new house.  Wish everyone well.  And well wishes for everyone.
(07-30-2017, 06:54 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]

...  Uhh.  Never do "pay what it's worth".  You'll get screwed.  "Make an offer" is much better.  Arts is now a competitive market.  Glad you are proud of yourself though.
I couldn't in good conscience ask for any price at all, that's why I gave him the choice to pay whatever it's worth. I knew going in it wouldn't be worth real money to me so I couldn't reasonably ask money of him in,exchange for it. I'm a whore for money though so I gave him the option to pay anyways.
(07-30-2017, 11:42 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2017, 06:54 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]...  Uhh.  Never do "pay what it's worth".  You'll get screwed.  "Make an offer" is much better.  Arts is now a competitive market.  Glad you are proud of yourself though.
I couldn't in good conscience ask for any price at all, that's why I gave him the choice to pay whatever it's worth. I knew going in it wouldn't be worth real money to me so I couldn't reasonably ask money of him in,exchange for it. I'm a whore for money though so I gave him the option to pay anyways.
So you would do it for free but also want money so you let him pay what you want as a middle ground... makes sense.
So how would you have reacted if he said its worth nothing?
(07-31-2017, 12:30 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2017, 11:42 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't in good conscience ask for any price at all, that's why I gave him the choice to pay whatever it's worth. I knew going in it wouldn't be worth real money to me so I couldn't reasonably ask money of him in,exchange for it. I'm a whore for money though so I gave him the option to pay anyways.
So you would do it for free but also want money so you let him pay what you want as a middle ground... makes sense.
Well that would be why I set the base price at nothing.
(07-31-2017, 12:34 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2017, 12:30 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]So you would do it for free but also want money so you let him pay what you want as a middle ground... makes sense.
Well that would be why I set the base price at nothing.
... okay? Uhh sure. Was the person expecting to pay you or what?

Once to get my first art i went around trying to find somebody who wiuld do my avali free, i found reks and that never went anywhere, but somehow i got some art.

Would be cool to get art from reks but i ain't got no money i can use for commisions and stuff.
(07-31-2017, 12:41 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2017, 12:34 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Well that would be why I set the base price at nothing.

Once to get my first art i went around trying to find somebody who wiuld do my avali free, i found reks and that never went anywhere, but somehow i got some art.

Would be cool to get art from reks but i ain't got no money i can use for commisions and stuff.
They offered to pay initially, I said I wouldn't feel right charging money, and as I got into the actual drawing I brought up to them the option of kicking however much they think the piece is worth my way after it's done
(07-31-2017, 12:41 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2017, 12:34 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Well that would be why I set the base price at nothing.

I'm too bad at obligations to actually handle paid commissions very well

I do tend to be fine with requests, but it'd end up just being a sketch.
(08-01-2017, 01:46 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2017, 12:41 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]... okay? Uhh sure. Was the person expecting to pay you or what?

I'm too bad at obligations to actually handle paid commissions very well

Aww id love to get a fully done peice of art by you but, probably wont happen specially since you say that.
(08-01-2017, 02:41 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2017, 01:46 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]I'm too bad at obligations to actually handle paid commissions very well

Aww id love to get a fully done peice of art by you but, probably wont happen specially since you say that.

Nah, I'm just bad at getting to things.

Maybe sometime later.