Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-04-2017, 07:23 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2017, 06:59 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]And what if it's two..?
I think at that point we'll just loop from "holy fuck we're gonna die" into "think of the loot we're gonna get out of this guys!"
Kerensky knows we could use a sudden injection of gauss rifles.

Mech' suicide ejection because oh god?  Your mechs are equipped with ejectors right..?  I know some people strip them for some reason or other, and some aren't capable.  Or is this after the safeties on the reactors made it so there's no boom boom anymore?  I may be somewhat of a minor battle-tech techie(Know about some tech despite limited access to sources for it in a meaningful way over the years), but I have very little actual knowledge of the history overall.
(09-05-2017, 07:21 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2017, 07:23 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I think at that point we'll just loop from "holy fuck we're gonna die" into "think of the loot we're gonna get out of this guys!"
Kerensky knows we could use a sudden injection of gauss rifles.

Mech' suicide ejection because oh god?  Your mechs are equipped with ejectors right..?  I know some people strip them for some reason or other, and some aren't capable.  Or is this after the safeties on the reactors made it so there's no boom boom anymore?  I may be somewhat of a minor battle-tech techie(Know about some tech despite limited access to sources for it in a meaningful way over the years), but I have very little actual knowledge of the history overall.
Not only do we not play with engine decompression rules (which allow sufficiently damaged fusion engines to explode spectacularly), mostly to keep short range playstyles relevant, none of us would be willing to sacrifice their mech like that and intentional engine detonation only really happens in the novels.
(09-05-2017, 11:38 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2017, 07:21 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Mech' suicide ejection because oh god?  Your mechs are equipped with ejectors right..?  I know some people strip them for some reason or other, and some aren't capable.  Or is this after the safeties on the reactors made it so there's no boom boom anymore?  I may be somewhat of a minor battle-tech techie(Know about some tech despite limited access to sources for it in a meaningful way over the years), but I have very little actual knowledge of the history overall.
Not only do we not play with engine decompression rules (which allow sufficiently damaged fusion engines to explode spectacularly), mostly to keep short range playstyles relevant, none of us would be willing to sacrifice their mech like that and intentional engine detonation only really happens in the novels.

Dohh..  Oh well, good luck with the future.  Hope you folks don't lose too much stock in the coming days (weeks).
Hey im helping organize a discord roleplay, isnt that cool. That roleplay will either go really well or poorely as a result.
Well the worst case scenario of three gauss rifles on one mech didn't come to pass, instead we got the second worst case scenario of three gauss rifles on two mechs. We lost a gauss rifle and our command mech (QwQ my poor Blackout) but salvaged the entire special forces lance.
(09-06-2017, 07:54 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey im helping organize a discord roleplay, isnt that cool. That roleplay will either go really well or poorely as a result.
..  Good luck.  Hope you can manage to keep things on a schedule.

(09-07-2017, 05:53 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Well the worst case scenario of three gauss rifles on one mech didn't come to pass, instead we got the second worst case scenario of three gauss rifles on two mechs. We lost a gauss rifle and our command mech (QwQ my poor Blackout) but salvaged the entire special forces lance.

..  But was it a worthwhile trade?  Hopefully you didn't get a pilot injury.

Been playing saints  row four with a first person and immersion mod.  It's, really good.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/853851743287656188/073F63F7E76C9CDA2A55C5113108FA5D4B1F01D2/
(09-07-2017, 08:28 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2017, 07:54 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey im helping organize a discord roleplay, isnt that cool. That roleplay will either go really well or poorely as a result.

(09-07-2017, 05:53 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Well the worst case scenario of three gauss rifles on one mech didn't come to pass, instead we got the second worst case scenario of three gauss rifles on two mechs. We lost a gauss rifle and our command mech (QwQ my poor Blackout) but salvaged the entire special forces lance.

Been playing saints  row four with a first person and immersion mod.  It's, really good.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/853851743287656188/073F63F7E76C9CDA2A55C5113108FA5D4B1F01D2/
No trade is worth losing my mech. The DEST has turned around and offered us a lucrative (and classified) mission once our current mercenary contract expires, because by killing an entire lance of their mechwarriors we've shown that we are just as good if not better than them. Honestly I was personally insulted that they expect us to work with them after they shot my antique Highlander out from under me.
(09-07-2017, 08:28 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
Hmm what do you mean... oh I should specifically state that im also a mod for the server now because weird things that happened recently but im not alone in organizing and modding the rp.
(09-07-2017, 11:47 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2017, 08:28 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]..  Good luck.  Hope you can manage to keep things on a schedule.
No trade is worth losing my mech. The DEST has turned around and offered us a lucrative (and classified) mission once our current mercenary contract expires, because by killing an entire lance of their mechwarriors we've shown that we are just as good if not better than them. Honestly I was personally insulted that they expect us to work with them after they shot my antique Highlander out from under me.
Are you sure it's an actual contract and not a revenge/suicide mission to get rid of their competition with high pay only to sweeten the deal?  "They don't have to pay you if everybody's dead."  Because i've seen this happen multiple times.  Then again it might be a real one, so who knows how personal things will get but them and your GM? 

It always hurts to lose a highlander...

(09-07-2017, 03:33 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2017, 08:28 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]..  Good luck.  Hope you can manage to keep things on a schedule.
Hmm what do you mean... oh I should specifically state that im also a mod for the server now because weird things that happened recently but im not alone in organizing and modding the rp.
The sentiment is automatically shared towards them as well then.
(09-07-2017, 07:35 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2017, 11:47 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]No trade is worth losing my mech. The DEST has turned around and offered us a lucrative (and classified) mission once our current mercenary contract expires, because by killing an entire lance of their mechwarriors we've shown that we are just as good if not better than them. Honestly I was personally insulted that they expect us to work with them after they shot my antique Highlander out from under me.
Are you sure it's an actual contract and not a revenge/suicide mission to get rid of their competition with high pay only to sweeten the deal?  "They don't have to pay you if everybody's dead."  Because i've seen this happen multiple times.  Then again it might be a real one, so who knows how personal things will get but them and your GM? 

(09-07-2017, 03:33 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm what do you mean... oh I should specifically state that im also a mod for the server now because weird things that happened recently but im not alone in organizing and modding the rp.
Well DEST is essentially the action arm of the ISF, and we have some contacts within the ISF so it's unlikely we are being led into a trap. I can't promise anyone there won't be any friendly fire though, just comes down to who shoots first.
(09-07-2017, 07:35 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2017, 11:47 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]No trade is worth losing my mech. The DEST has turned around and offered us a lucrative (and classified) mission once our current mercenary contract expires, because by killing an entire lance of their mechwarriors we've shown that we are just as good if not better than them. Honestly I was personally insulted that they expect us to work with them after they shot my antique Highlander out from under me.

(09-07-2017, 03:33 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm what do you mean... oh I should specifically state that im also a mod for the server now because weird things that happened recently but im not alone in organizing and modding the rp.
I feel like you're saying something here about this and im not quite getting what you mean...
(09-07-2017, 07:55 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2017, 07:35 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure it's an actual contract and not a revenge/suicide mission to get rid of their competition with high pay only to sweeten the deal?  "They don't have to pay you if everybody's dead."  Because i've seen this happen multiple times.  Then again it might be a real one, so who knows how personal things will get but them and your GM? 

I feel like you're saying something here about this and im not quite getting what you mean...

Something that you have to learn through experience and cannot merely be told.  For now just know that I really am wishing you lot the best.
Anyone in Florida needs to stay safe these next few days, if you die to this damn storm I'll kick your ass.
I'm not sure the point of kicking their ass if they already dies,
(09-10-2017, 04:56 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure the point of kicking their ass if they already dies,
Sending a godamn message is the point!
Hello! The hurricane fucked my power, see you when it comes back.
(09-11-2017, 09:56 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! The hurricane fucked my power, see you when it comes back.

See you "Soon"!
I have a generator so luckily I'll still be around, mobile data permitting.
Everyone okay?
Good, how about you griffin? Also what happend to rune?