Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-24-2017, 09:53 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-24-2017, 07:12 PM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]I had a little snake beanie-baby toy or whatever when I was pretty young, and I used it as one, if that counts

But yeah no that goes along the lines of fursuiting and while that's not too strange of a hobby it's nothing I'm interested in now.

I would not count the snake toy but also I was talking about now in the present.
Hmmm I wonder, do you think 1 way you can Identify a furry is if they think fursuiting isn't strange?

No.  As many furries believe it odd or extreme as well.  The trick though is to never include yourself in a group.  Since you can't rightly simply throw a label at someone and say that's "all they are".  Since you are you.  A mere individual idea or title cannot do so much justice as to describe you perfectly.  And I highly doubt you enjoy the extremes of everything you like.  Why accept the negative ideal of oddities being the example when you can simply go by who you really are instead?  "Are you a 'label'?"  "No.  I am myself, and there is only one of me."

Re-quoting something.  "The most interesting story you'll ever read starts the day you're born.  Why not read to the last page?"
(02-25-2017, 01:50 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-24-2017, 09:53 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]I would not count the snake toy but also I was talking about now in the present.
Hmmm I wonder, do you think 1 way you can Identify a furry is if they think fursuiting isn't strange?

No.  As many furries believe it odd or extreme as well.  The trick though is to never include yourself in a group.  Since you can't rightly simply throw a label at someone and say that's "all they are".  Since you are you.  A mere individual idea or title cannot do so much justice as to describe you perfectly.  And I highly doubt you enjoy the extremes of everything you like.  Why accept the negative ideal of oddities being the example when you can simply go by who you really are instead?  "Are you a 'label'?"  "No.  I am myself, and there is only one of me."

Re-quoting something.  "The most interesting story you'll ever read starts the day you're born.  Why not read to the last page?"

Its not that you can't include your self in a group you can't define yourself by your group. My comment on fursuiting was supposed to be a joke of sorts. In fact I actually don't care what's popular, my mom would ask me what the popular hair style was and I wouldn't know nor care, I like to go with what I like rather than what dumb thing is popular. I only mention labels in a joking manner.
I wish more developers when in development of a released but not fully finished game would at least give a monthly short post stating "I am still working on this game" I don't need any more reassurance than that.
Most reputable studios will be in active contact with their community during early access
I mean after that when it's not early access but there will still be updates. Nobody ever says anything. Especially when it's been months, just please pop in and give a tiny update.
(02-25-2017, 02:37 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2017, 01:50 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]No.  As many furries believe it odd or extreme as well.  The trick though is to never include yourself in a group.  Since you can't rightly simply throw a label at someone and say that's "all they are".  Since you are you.  A mere individual idea or title cannot do so much justice as to describe you perfectly.  And I highly doubt you enjoy the extremes of everything you like.  Why accept the negative ideal of oddities being the example when you can simply go by who you really are instead?  "Are you a 'label'?"  "No.  I am myself, and there is only one of me."

Its not that you can't include your self in a group you can't define yourself by your group. My comment on fursuiting was supposed to be a joke of sorts. In fact I actually don't care what's popular, my mom would ask me what the popular hair style was and I wouldn't know nor care, I like to go with what I like rather than what dumb thing is popular. I only mention labels in a joking manner.

Just because I sound super serious does not mean I necessarily am.  I just prefer transferring as much information as possible, as efficiently as possible.  And no nonsense is much more efficient.  When I have little else to add i'll occasionally deal with such intricacies as jokes or metaphorical messages.  However even with no nonsense I cannot convey information with 100% efficiency.  I could forget things, only think of them after, or not know enough on the subject to provide anything.  Thus I will provide as much as I can, as quickly as I can, with no nonsense.  If you see that as being "too serious"  It's internal from you rather than something I am doing.  Since I can highbrow a joke to the point people think i'm stating a fact at times and only get it after they do research.  I tend to avoid jokes in general.  It's not funny if you have to explain the jokes.

See, even this is stated casual.  This is my regular relaxed state, where I can joke around if I really want to.  However in order for it to be funny for other folks I usually have to take advantage of situational humor and deadpan in order to incite any reaction beyond "huh..?"

On another note. I would be posting more in the RP, but have stopped to allow Umbra's story arc to wrap up fully. I do check in on this site daily, or every other day at the least. However occasionally I will not have much I can really say, possibly a bit too thoughtful, can't stand small talk if it does not transmit any actual new information between folks and such.
I wasn't trying to say that you were too serious....
That's all I got.

Oh wait actually uh about the rp i think uhh... I don't know I'm just used to the old rp where something happened every day. Not to everybody but it did.
As much information as possible includes things that are only potentially relevant, rather than directly relevant, including me point out that I may not be as serious as I seem. It is simply information.

That would require a minimum of about 6-8 constantly active people who are in school or otherwise don't have jobs to still be the case.
(02-26-2017, 04:46 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Just because I sound super serious does not mean I necessarily am.  I just prefer transferring as much information as possible, as efficiently as possible.  And no nonsense is much more efficient.  When I have little else to add i'll occasionally deal with such intricacies as jokes or metaphorical messages.  However even with no nonsense I cannot convey information with 100% efficiency.  I could forget things, only think of them after, or not know enough on the subject to provide anything.  Thus I will provide as much as I can, as quickly as I can, with no nonsense.  If you see that as being "too serious"  It's internal from you rather than something I am doing.  Since I can highbrow a joke to the point people think i'm stating a fact at times and only get it after they do research.  I tend to avoid jokes in general.  It's not funny if you have to explain the jokes.

See, even this is stated casual.  This is my regular relaxed state, where I can joke around if I really want to.  However in order for it to be funny for other folks I usually have to take advantage of situational humor and deadpan in order to incite any reaction beyond "huh..?"
Try being more to-the-point?

You seem to have a penchant for excessively florid language and going off on tangents, both of which are in direct opposition to maintaining a casual tone. It's difficult to maintain familiarity if you need to drag out even the simplest point over an entire paragraph.

eg. you pretty much could replace your message above with "I'm often quite detailed, even when speaking casually"
(02-26-2017, 09:43 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2017, 04:46 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Just because I sound super serious does not mean I necessarily am.  I just prefer transferring as much information as possible, as efficiently as possible.  And no nonsense is much more efficient.  When I have little else to add i'll occasionally deal with such intricacies as jokes or metaphorical messages.  However even with no nonsense I cannot convey information with 100% efficiency.  I could forget things, only think of them after, or not know enough on the subject to provide anything.  Thus I will provide as much as I can, as quickly as I can, with no nonsense.  If you see that as being "too serious"  It's internal from you rather than something I am doing.  Since I can highbrow a joke to the point people think i'm stating a fact at times and only get it after they do research.  I tend to avoid jokes in general.  It's not funny if you have to explain the jokes.

Try being more to-the-point?

You seem to have a penchant for excessively florid language and going off on tangents, both of which are in direct opposition to maintaining a casual tone. It's difficult to maintain familiarity if you need to drag out even the simplest point over an entire paragraph.

eg. you pretty much could replace your message above with "I'm often quite detailed, even when speaking casually"

Up up.  But that wouldn't be me now would it? 

If you see it as not casually talking then you have internalized what you thought I meant.  And I'm sorry.  But I don't have control over what other people think, nor will I limit what I say simply because other people misinterpret.  I will however constantly improve.  Eventually I may have fewer issues with causing other people to have trouble understanding.  But words are words, and cutting out information would be counter-intuitive to what I am attempting to do by putting the message up in the first place..

If you want me to cut down what I could have said.  I am both blunt and verbose, I do tangent to provide information that may also be relevant or that I think may become relevant, I do expressly choose to provide as much info as possible in such tangents, and I know of my issues.  Unfortunately however, it's how my entire mind works, so I cannot simply curb it, only attempt to work with it to better myself in the future.  Make things both informative and clear.  But so far it's lead me to tangent even more, write even more.  I try, and will keep on trying to be more concise however. 

This is me trying my best to be concise.  Lacking so much of what I could to say...  Uhhg causes physical pain.
I've always thought it's fine to be as eloquent as you need to be to properly convey your point. Then again, I'm too used to flowery language to really notice when someone's going overboard, so I'm a poor judge for that.
(02-26-2017, 06:26 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]As much information as possible includes things that are only potentially relevant, rather than directly relevant, including me point out that I may not be as serious as I seem.  It is simply information.

That would require a minimum of about 6-8 constantly active people who are in school or otherwise don't have jobs to still be the case.

Not necessarily due to time zones and in fact a day is 24 hours in that 24 hours at least 2 people could have something happen not story arc level but something.

Also your lengthy post are fine but sort of off putting due to length but it's fine.
(02-26-2017, 03:40 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Not necessarily due to time zones and in fact a day is 24 hours in that 24 hours at least 2 people could have something happen not story arc level but something.

Also your lengthy post are fine but sort of off putting due to length but it's fine.

I'm trying to shorten em.  But when there's a lot of information to provide, things do tend to get quite lengthy, sorry.  Segolia's example was actually too concise to convey what I wanted to say after all.  Just goes to show how indecipherable I can be at times.  Doesn't help that I often think of things I missed after already having sent my message.  Leading to the next one being even longer than it should be.

I write down my complete thoughts rather than simply part of them to give people the whole picture, that'd be it.  "I think in text, and do not hold those thoughts from being written."

Of course.  I was exaggerating.  All the folks who are a part of the RP seem to be either really busy, or really lazy currently.  (Busy includes "tough times".)

Having my expose already put down on this earlier lets me be more concise now.^

So in theory I should only need to be "extravagant" a single time for each subject.  Since I usually won't say anything at all if I don't have anything to add.
I usually post in RP as soon as it becomes practical for me to do so without intruding on a scene, especially since I contribute so little in the first place.
(02-26-2017, 06:59 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2017, 03:40 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Not necessarily due to time zones and in fact a day is 24 hours in that 24 hours at least 2 people could have something happen not story arc level but something.

I'm trying to shorten em.  But when there's a lot of information to provide, things do tend to get quite lengthy, sorry.  Segolia's example was actually too concise to convey what I wanted to say after all.  Just goes to show how indecipherable I can be at times.  Doesn't help that I often think of things I missed after already having sent my message.  Leading to the next one being even longer than it should be.

I write down my complete thoughts rather than simply part of them to give people the whole picture, that'd be it.  "I think in text, and do not hold those thoughts from being written."

Of course.  I was exaggerating.  All the folks who are a part of the RP seem to be either really busy, or really lazy currently.  (Busy includes "tough times".)

Having my expose already put down on this earlier lets me be more concise now.^

So in theory I should only need to be "extravagant" a single time for each subject.   Since I usually won't say anything at all if I don't have anything to add.
It's fine that you have these extremely long posts. You definitely get your point across.

The rp is also fine, it'll just bother me somewhat nothing to worry about.
Post in the rp when you want.
I am passionate about the exchange of pure information.

As far as the RP goes, I was hoping to work with someone directly on the next story arc. But it looks like i'll be having to wing it a bit more than i'd like and run it alone. Will be good practice at least.
I'm sure you'll do fine.

Mostly I want my character to meet and re-meet the other characters present.

But anyways. I know how to cheat youtube red on my phone.
I'm open for doing stuff in RP, just let me know what needs to happen.

Been thinking about adding a second character actually, since we lost our usual troublemakers over time and now most days it is awful quiet.
(02-27-2017, 02:02 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]I'm open for doing stuff in RP, just let me know what needs to happen.

Been thinking about adding a second character actually, since we lost our usual troublemakers over time and now most days it is awful quiet.

All of my characters are troublemakers in their own way, but tend to be a lot more subtle about it usually.  I asked a couple people to directly work with me on it but no takers yet.  If you really wanted to work more directly with me on it I could provide details and ask questions in PM so you could help me write things in that need to come to pass for the story arc to continue.  As well as possibly add your own twists and spins on things, since for you currently I have one particular plot point that directly relates to your character already anyways. 
Remember to keep in mind the abilities of your and other people characters, or anything else you can work with, key word with, it's not fun to completely avoid all other characters' abilities.