Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-19-2016, 02:35 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]I remember the last Skype forum splinter I was part of, it turned into a complete mess over a year's time.
Ugh. That place was such a mess, yeah.

Also, what NSFW convo?
Was it the IRC that I and Odin helped set up?
(08-20-2016, 02:08 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]http://whothefuckismydndcharacter.com/

I actually knew about this already.
It's great.
(08-20-2016, 02:39 AM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2016, 02:35 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]I remember the last Skype forum splinter I was part of, it turned into a complete mess over a year's time.

Also, what NSFW convo?
Meanwhile Discord is like skype and irc put together.

Also random question, what are your thoughts on the character Remy?
(08-20-2016, 02:53 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2016, 02:39 AM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote: [ -> ]Ugh. That place was such a mess, yeah.

Also, what NSFW convo?
Meanwhile Discord is like skype and irc put together.

Thinly veiled attention seeking, doesn't actually contribute anything to the RP.
(08-20-2016, 02:08 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]http://whothefuckismydndcharacter.com/

"You think your character is cool? My character is a f***ing crabby Human Warlock from the city sewers who was forced to watch their families execution."
Well that's depressing.

Esyris Ibis was the court wizard of Pharinas, a living legend, known to be the greatest of the Six Great Wizened Ones.
Ninety years ago, he abandoned his country for reasons unknown. King Ourens XIV believed him to have defected to an enemy nation, and, in one of his many fits of rage, he ordered the execution of Esyris' family of three. Learning of the news, Esyris expended all of his power to rush back to Pharinas, where he was captured, imprisoned, and then held to the ground as the headsman swung his axe, powerless to do anything to stop the madness.

"Chop. Chop. Chop. As Esyris was brought to the block, the horror of what had happened truly hit him. His wife's eyes, devoid of life, stared at him from the basket. At that moment, the most vile of thoughts raced through his muddled mind, his body burning with pain. He screamed a gutteral roar, something that would never have been heard coming from the mouth of a human. With new strength broiling from the darkness within, he tore his shackles off and thrust the headsman's face into the stone, instantly smashing the man's skull." -An Accentuated Account of All, Volume 2869, Chapter 314: Esyris Ibis.

Today, only charred ruins and an eternal storm sit where Pharinas once was. Nobody knows what happened to Esyris, although some who have delved into the tumultuous ruins say that mysterious lights flicker from the entrances to the old sewers, the only structure still intact.
(08-20-2016, 03:06 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2016, 02:53 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Meanwhile Discord is like skype and irc put together.

Thinly veiled attention seeking, doesn't actually contribute anything to the RP.
Oh good it's working then.
*cough* asshole *cough cough*
(08-20-2016, 03:08 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2016, 03:06 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Thinly veiled attention seeking, doesn't actually contribute anything to the RP.
Oh good it's working then.
*cough* asshole *cough cough*
You asked.
(08-20-2016, 02:39 AM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote: [ -> ]

Also, what NSFW convo?

It's the one back on CF forums in a private convo like the one for marx's server, you're not invited there since you're not legally 18 back then, it the place where adult.nexus members practice unsafe work enviorment, like jet powered office wheel chair jousting, over polishing everything, binder tower stacking competition, etc etc :V(and that other stuff but eh I dont have the nessary part to be part of)
Dear diary, today I plotted the downfall of a hilariously OP sci-fi faction via a terrorist attack.
[Image: 4236d4096b957f29176df5f612cce7fa.png]
Ooh, got a cool idea.
So I've been thinking about ways a mute character could communicate with people who don't know sign language and can't read lips.
I was thinking "type things out on phone text to speech" for one way, but then I realized...

Lip reading app. I'm honestly surprised such a thing doesn't appear to exist in reality.

Basically, using algorithms and crap (so specific) and the phone's front-facing camera, it'd read the lips of the mute person and text to speech what they're saying automatically, basically allowing them to speak as long as their phone's camera can see their lips. Granted, such a thing would probably be inaccurate, but I imagine it could be improved upon. The technology exists already, and has been used to read something Hitler said on video that couldn't be heard, apparently. There's like a documentary on it or something. And that's old, grainy video that was probably at an angle. It could totally be used with modern cameras. Also, unlike text to speech, since it would be in real-time, it could potentially gauge pauses better too.
(08-20-2016, 04:39 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2016, 02:39 AM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote: [ -> ]Ugh. That place was such a mess, yeah.

Also, what NSFW convo?

It's the one back on CF forums in a private convo like the one for marx's server, you're not invited there since you're not legally 18 back then, it the place where adult.nexus members practice unsafe work enviorment, like jet powered office wheel chair jousting, over polishing everything, binder tower stacking competition, etc etc :V(and that other stuff but eh I dont have the nessary part to be part of)
this is what I mean
[Image: tumblr_o9mfsohpLj1ttrxmxo1_1280.jpg]
it isnt the best place to hold meetings nor the safest, but it's fun
More colorpractice.

Softlighting, this time. Fluffed the anatomy a little, but that wasn't the focus.

Look mom I'm on YouTube.
https://youtu.be/KG5NrI4sDdU
Roughly at the 4:40 mark.
(08-20-2016, 04:27 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Look mom I'm on YouTube.

Seriously, though, good job.

ah the pre patch challi, it was fun

so i guess you're the mad widow thinking you're soldier 76?
(08-20-2016, 05:10 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]

ah the pre patch challi, it was fun

so i guess you're the mad widow thinking you're soldier 76?
[Image: 72efc82a71e0c8fed58523f4d39f4c6d.png]
I guess

>can't load maps on cities skylines anymore
I guess I'll need another 8 gigs of RAM or something.
So I did some math on a mech.
[Image: Berserker_vs_Salamander.jpg]
This is the Berserker. It weighs 100 tons, is powered by a 400 rating extralight fusion engine, and carries a 5 ton hatchet. All this means that it moves at 64kph and anything within arms' reach of it is on borrowed time. We're going to make it utterly disgusting. We'll start with the BRZ-C3 variant, this carries 6 extended range medium lasers, an extended range particle projection cannon, a flamer, an anti-missile system, ECM, 15 double heat sinks, and most important, it uses triple strength myomer. Triple strength myomer is a special, premium version of the synthetic muscle that becomes twice as agile and powerful when heated, and inside a battlemech things tend to get very hot very fast. So our mech is now traveling at 86kph and basically amputating limbs with every hit of its axe, but I think we can do better.

Enter the supercharger. Superchargers are special components that can be attached to a fusion engine to bypass various safeties and squeeze out more power, effectively doubling the mobility of the vehicle, and stacking with our triple strength myomer's speed boost, bringing us to over 100kph for our 100 ton melee mech. There are mechs half its size that won't be able to match that speed, and there are mechs its own size that will crumble under a meager few blows from that axe, so obviously we need that supercharger. The supercharger weighs 1/10th of the engine, which in this case is 33.5 tons, meaning our supercharger rounds up to 3.5 tons, we can ditch the AMS, ammo, and flamethrower for 1.5 tons, then shed a medium laser and double heat sink for the other 2.

We now have a supercharger, we run hotter which means we build strength faster, and most important WE CAN MOVE AT 100+KPH IN SHORT BURSTS. In the Solaris VII arenas this thing would end matches almost instantly simply by bullrushing its opponent and lopping their head off, hell, if you wanted to go all out you could probably double the size of the hatchet by trading away some more weapons.

Edit: by my math the exact speed is 126kph.
(08-20-2016, 10:34 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]So I did some math on a mech.
[Image: Berserker_vs_Salamander.jpg]
This is the Berserker. It weighs 100 tons, is powered by a 400 rating extralight fusion engine, and carries a 5 ton hatchet. All this means that it moves at 64kph and anything within arms' reach of it is on borrowed time. We're going to make it utterly disgusting. We'll start with the BRZ-C3 variant, this carries 6 extended range medium lasers, an extended range particle projection cannon, a flamer, an anti-missile system, ECM, 15 double heat sinks, and most important, it uses triple strength myomer. Triple strength myomer is a special, premium version of the synthetic muscle that becomes twice as agile and powerful when heated, and inside a battlemech things tend to get very hot very fast. So our mech is now traveling at 86kph and basically amputating limbs with every hit of its axe, but I think we can do better.

Enter the supercharger. Superchargers are special components that can be attached to a fusion engine to bypass various safeties and squeeze out more power, effectively doubling the mobility of the vehicle, and stacking with our triple strength myomer's speed boost, bringing us to over 100kph for our 100 ton melee mech. There are mechs half its size that won't be able to match that speed, and there are mechs its own size that will crumble under a meager few blows from that axe, so obviously we need that supercharger. The supercharger weighs 1/10th of the engine, which in this case is 33.5 tons, meaning our supercharger rounds up to 3.5 tons, we can ditch the AMS, ammo, and flamethrower for 1.5 tons, then shed a medium laser and double heat sink for the other 2.

We now have a supercharger, we run hotter which means we build strength faster, and most important WE CAN MOVE AT 100+KPH IN SHORT BURSTS. In the Solaris VII arenas this thing would end matches almost instantly simply by bullrushing its opponent and lopping their head off, hell, if you wanted to go all out you could probably double the size of the hatchet by trading away some more weapons.
Yeeees. This is how I love to fight. Low, hot, fast, and furious.
All one needs is Dagoth Ur

Make sure you paint that mech red, because "Da red 'uns go fasta!"