Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: RceK4l1.jpg]
So I have made it as a discord admin. I just got a doxx threat over a ban.

Also apparently a guy I blocked has been sneaking "fuck surge" insults in between otherwise normal messages.
(10-08-2016, 07:16 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]So I have made it as a discord admin. I just got a doxx threat over a ban.

Also apparently a guy I blocked has been sneaking "fuck surge" insults in between otherwise normal messages.

Its one of several sad truths about the Internet, no matter where you go, you will almost invariably run into assholes, and/or the occasional nutcase.
(10-08-2016, 08:23 AM)Tanis Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2016, 07:16 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]So I have made it as a discord admin. I just got a doxx threat over a ban.

Its one of several sad truths about the Internet, no matter where you go, you will almost invariably run into assholes, and/or the occasional nutcase.
Yeah I'm honestly surprised this guy was able to come into chat 3 times before I found a suitable excuse to ban him. He's been more or less banned from several different communities by now, he just picks one to antagonize and gives another the play by play of him being a cheeky cunt until he gets banned, then they circlejerk over how bad the other group is for a few days and he picks a new one to cause trouble in.
(10-08-2016, 08:28 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I'm honestly surprised this guy was able to come into chat 3 times before I found a suitable excuse to ban him. He's been more or less banned from several different communities by now, he just picks one to antagonize and gives another the play by play of him being a cheeky cunt until he gets banned, then they circlejerk over how bad the other group is for a few days and he picks a new one to cause trouble in.

Oh jeez, one of THOSE assholes.

I count myself lucky that im currently enough of a non-entity to the internet at large, that the worst i've ever dealt with was a conspiracy theorist on Youtube who was banned from the "Prison Planet" forums for being to crazy even for them (this guy fervently believed the World Trade Center buildings where brought down by "Controlled Nuclear Demolition", because a "former KGB Agent" once said so...   i wish i was making this up).
(10-07-2016, 08:32 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]the hurricane thankfully did nothing here in tampa, either.

woo.
No it did no-

OAo

I AM ALARMED BY YOUR PROXIMITY TO MY LOCATION!

I will do what Keem does to solve doxxing.

Paintball gun will be used upon unauthorized visitors.
(10-08-2016, 06:45 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2016, 06:42 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]Overwhelming majority of deleted posts were deleted by the person who made them

I know what it means, silly! I'm just not sure whether to be happy that it means the community has done a quarter-decent job of self-moderation without admin intervention (hahaha no) or be sad that there were so many cases where people felt the need to delete their posts.

most of the self-deleted posts could literally have been fixed with edits, too
so.
(10-08-2016, 08:28 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2016, 08:23 AM)Tanis Wrote: [ -> ]Its one of several sad truths about the Internet, no matter where you go, you will almost invariably run into assholes, and/or the occasional nutcase.
Yeah I'm honestly surprised this guy was able to come into chat 3 times before I found a suitable excuse to ban him. He's been more or less banned from several different communities by now, he just picks one to antagonize and gives another the play by play of him being a cheeky cunt until he gets banned, then they circlejerk over how bad the other group is for a few days and he picks a new one to cause trouble in.

provide name so i can prevent them from registering here.
(10-08-2016, 06:29 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2016, 06:45 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]I know what it means, silly! I'm just not sure whether to be happy that it means the community has done a quarter-decent job of self-moderation without admin intervention (hahaha no) or be sad that there were so many cases where people felt the need to delete their posts.

most of the self-deleted posts could literally have been fixed with edits, too
so.

(10-08-2016, 08:28 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I'm honestly surprised this guy was able to come into chat 3 times before I found a suitable excuse to ban him. He's been more or less banned from several different communities by now, he just picks one to antagonize and gives another the play by play of him being a cheeky cunt until he gets banned, then they circlejerk over how bad the other group is for a few days and he picks a new one to cause trouble in.

provide name so i can prevent them from registering here.
I doubt he has the patience to use a forum or actively look for a community, all of the communities I've seen him do this cycle in are more or less offshoots of each other.
(10-08-2016, 06:42 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2016, 12:45 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]I... Am not sure whether to be happy or sad with this information.
So instead I will will be neutral.

Overwhelming majority of deleted posts were deleted by the person who made them

Soft-deleted posts anyway.

Hard-deleted posts are completely forgotten and the forum has no record of them ever existing.

Usually hard-deletion is reserved for spam.

(10-08-2016, 01:15 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]

I will do what Keem does to solve doxxing.

Paintball gun will be used upon unauthorized visitors.

Doxxing is an empty threat anyway. Everyone's records are available for public viewing already, just have to ask the right questions and put money to the right places.

For instance my contact info is visible in the New York State business search, as part of the registration for my server company. Fortunately my physical address is better obscured, with most searches only pointing to a PO box instead.

But many people are terrified by the thought that someone who has a vendetta against them knows where they live. Its an excellent way to troll someone by making them get defensive and act tough in the most basic and laughable ways.
Civ VI be like
[Image: 71e.jpg]
(10-09-2016, 05:38 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]Civ VI be like

as awesome as it is to see Ghandi holding a nuke with one hand, i have to ask why?
(10-09-2016, 06:23 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2016, 05:38 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]Civ VI be like

as awesome as it is to see Ghandi holding a nuke with one hand, i have to ask why?
A coding error in the original civilization caused Ghandi to suddenly turn into a warmongering monster in the late game. The devs decided that was hilarious and so he's been a thermonuclear backstabber since.
(10-09-2016, 06:32 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2016, 06:23 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]as awesome as it is to see Ghandi holding a nuke with one hand, i have to ask why?
A coding error in the original civilization caused Ghandi to suddenly turn into a warmongering monster in the late game. The devs decided that was hilarious and so he's been a thermonuclear backstabber since.

XDDDDD that is hilarious, i only started playing at Civ V

I feel sorry for whatever idiot finds this game in the distant future and thinks Ghandi is actually like that though.
(10-09-2016, 06:45 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2016, 06:32 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]A coding error in the original civilization caused Ghandi to suddenly turn into a warmongering monster in the late game. The devs decided that was hilarious and so he's been a thermonuclear backstabber since.

I feel sorry for whatever idiot finds this game in the distant future and thinks Ghandi is actually like that though.
All because of an inverse stack overflow.
(10-09-2016, 06:45 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2016, 06:32 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]A coding error in the original civilization caused Ghandi to suddenly turn into a warmongering monster in the late game. The devs decided that was hilarious and so he's been a thermonuclear backstabber since.

As such I never let him live long enough to become a problem in Civ V. I went medieval on him in the file I'm working today and wiped him out by the 1800s, long before anyone had nuclear tech.

The next nation to get wiped out is whoever happens to have uranium in their backyard.

I wantsss it.
What of Achroma's suggestion for setting up some kind of game night? I'm certainly down for it, and I'm available most days (and hours) of the week.

I don't know which games people have, but a few possibilities I'd like to lay on the table:
- Civ 5 (I second Achroma's suggestion on this one)
- Civ BE
- Gal Civ 2
- Gal Civ 3 (I wonder if anyone has made an Avali based faction, I'll have to check the workshop when I get home)
- Endless Legend (I haven't played this one yet, but I do have it, and have heard good things said of it)
I refuse to get involved in organizing a game night after the last one, but I'll show up if able
(10-10-2016, 12:35 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I refuse to get involved in organizing a game night after the last one, but I'll show up if able
^^^^^

:V
Only thing I have is civ Beyond Earth and rising tides.  10,000 energy cred per turn forever!