Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-13-2016, 11:43 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2016, 11:21 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]I don't do well in big groups, so I left too.

Discord is entirely more convenient than Skype and is exactly 5 less frustrating, when Skype was 8.
Yeah the triage discord has calmed down a LOT now that the ongoing issues are mostly resolved.

Also Discord has REALLY LOW MEMORY USAGE! Lower than overwolf at around 80 mb.

I want to take this opportunity to point out that Discord's memory usage isn't all that wonderful, really.
[Image: c1oDx7e.png]
Compared to the supposed memory-hog it's always pitted against, Skype, you can see that it saves not even half a Megabyte of extra memory. Most people seem to see one of the three processes it uses and assume that's the total memory usage.
Never used Overwolf, but I have a feeling the same is true.
(10-14-2016, 01:51 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2016, 11:43 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah the triage discord has calmed down a LOT now that the ongoing issues are mostly resolved.

Also Discord has REALLY LOW MEMORY USAGE! Lower than overwolf at around 80 mb.

I want to take this opportunity to point out that Discord's memory usage isn't all that wonderful, really.
Compared to the supposed memory-hog it's always pitted against, Skype, you can see that it saves not even half a Megabyte of extra memory. Most people seem to see one of the three processes it uses and assume that's the total memory usage.
The fuck are you doing with discord I've never seen it go that high.
(10-14-2016, 03:31 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2016, 01:51 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]I want to take this opportunity to point out that Discord's memory usage isn't all that wonderful, really.
The fuck are you doing with discord I've never seen it go that high.

Literally nothing. I opened it. Then I looked at the Task Manager.
That's it at idle, just so much as being on.
(10-13-2016, 12:44 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]So what now? We abandon this place for a discord server of this forum?
Shaad will most likely disagree on this since there's no more pages of the forum feel and no more 169s.
Also what we do with the server that was running this place if nexus forums discord happens

It'll just sit there. Eventually it'll get deleted, after it has gone many months inactive and doesn't show hope for a revival.

This site is the last one on the server to actually have regular activity on it. So when it is gone, I might close down the servers and move on to other things.

The internet that I knew and loved to chill on is no more, after 10 years people have moved on to other things and left me behind again.
(10-14-2016, 12:05 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2016, 12:44 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]So what now? We abandon this place for a discord server of this forum?
Shaad will most likely disagree on this since there's no more pages of the forum feel and no more 169s.
Also what we do with the server that was running this place if nexus forums discord happens

It'll just sit there. Eventually it'll get deleted, after it has gone many months inactive and doesn't show hope for a revival.

This site is the last one on the server to actually have regular activity on it. So when it is gone, I might close down the servers and move on to other things.

The internet that I knew and loved to chill on is no more, after 10 years people have moved on to other things and left me behind again.
sooo, we cant repurpose the server that's running this site into something like a game server?
(10-14-2016, 02:17 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2016, 12:05 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]It'll just sit there. Eventually it'll get deleted, after it has gone many months inactive and doesn't show hope for a revival.

sooo, we cant repurpose the server that's running this site into something like a game server?

Nope. Its too small for that. I'll probably shut it down and sell it to someone else who just needs a small server.
(10-14-2016, 04:05 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2016, 02:17 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]sooo, we cant repurpose the server that's running this site into something like a game server?

Nope. Its too small for that. I'll probably shut it down and sell it to someone else who just needs a small server.
Hey, I'm still here!

Look ma I'm on a youtube channel other than my own. Sorta.
MWO is such a small community that I've gotten to hang out and game with a few youtubers for it.
Like just earlier, I got to do a bunch of private duels with TheB33f and a few other users.
It was great fun if only for the reason that I got to make B33f say "I'm scared" and this
[Image: 8c1c66a7450c13230ce0523fe168f30a.png]
(10-14-2016, 05:55 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]-gang rape-
MWO is such a small community that I've gotten to hang out and game with a few youtubers for it.
Like just earlier, I got to do a bunch of private duels with TheB33f and a few other users.
It was great fun if only for the reason that I got to make B33f say "I'm scared" and this
-discord-

should i try mech warrior sometime?
pizza is tasty that is all
(10-14-2016, 06:37 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2016, 05:55 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]-gang rape-
-discord-

should i try mech warrior sometime?
I say yes.
So I lost my first game of AI War, which, not surprisingly for this game, is an actual achievement.

The first thing I did wrong was do a hacking attempt extremely early into the game, on a high-level planet, right next to my homeworld. This initially spawned a stream of tier 3 ships the entire countdown for a design-copy hack.

The second thing I did wrong was underestimate the large number of aggressive ships right on my doorstep, because they seemed to not do anything, simply move back and forth from the wormhole to nearby the copy-beacon. This was probably because it was the Support Corps AI, which never attacks on it's own normally. So I didn't do anything to guard against it, like, upgrade my defenses with those shiny new turrets I just researched, or take my main fleet and just plain wipe it out.

The third thing I did wrong was try to expand while this was going on. The destruction of a command center marked me for a reprisal attack, which I ignored because I was busy trying to lock down the new system and didn't bother even retreating the fleet when the turrets started going up. The AI, meanwhile, realized it had a 200-attack-power fleet laying around, and immediately initiated a reprisal attack, and guess where?

By the time I realized the homeworld was under attack, a few seconds later I lost.

So that was fun. Already on my second game.
?? ???? ????? ??? ?? ???
???? ????????.

Edit: Aw. It doesn't work.
I feel happy.

This scares me.
(10-15-2016, 03:22 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]I feel happy.

This scares me.

Or is it being scared that's making you happy?
Really though, don't be scared. Being happy is a good thing!
SUDDENLY, UBER
AAaaand I dunno what to say here, other than that I have beaten Mother Russia Bleeds an hour ago. And ask "how all of you have been doing?"
...And that I didn't leave, I just check in from time to time
(10-15-2016, 03:25 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2016, 03:22 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]I feel happy.

This scares me.

Or is it being scared that's making you happy?
Really though, don't be scared. Being happy is a good thing!
I'm not depressed for once.
(10-15-2016, 03:21 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]?? ???? ????? ??? ?? ???
???? ????????.

if this has something to do with emojis I'm going to degut you
(10-15-2016, 05:06 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2016, 03:21 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]?? ???? ????? ??? ?? ???
???? ????????.

if this has something to do with emojis I'm going to degut you
I'll pin him down
[Image: 2m22-4.jpg]
huh what do you know, the BMD-2M is literarly a russian version of a M2 bradley