Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 0AfG3jw.gif]
(02-11-2017, 01:38 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2017, 04:38 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi is this dead?
I won't know till tomorrow.
Long time no see I must say.

I intended longer surprisingly enough.
Dead is a term that only happens naturally to organic species.  Something like a chat site only dies unnatural deaths.  So someone would have to kill it for it to be truly dead.  Until that happens i'll still be here, because although I may be relatively new, I really like it here.  Trying to make friends, or at the least, converse on things that interest me that I actually know something about.  Though I digress, people trying to religate everything to discord lately has started to eat at me.  Ending up with nowhere near enough people on to hold a running conversation, not enough differing viewpoints to inspire conversation.
(02-11-2017, 02:37 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Dead is a term that only happens naturally to organic species.  Something like a chat site only dies unnatural deaths.  So someone would have to kill it for it to be truly dead.  Until that happens i'll still be here, because although I may be relatively new, I really like it here.  Trying to make friends, or at the least, converse on things that interest me that I actually know something about.  Though I digress, people trying to religate everything to discord lately has started to eat at me.  Ending up with nowhere near enough people on to hold a running conversation, not enough differing viewpoints to inspire conversation.
At least there still are people. You don't have to find some new forum to hang around.
Maybe well get more people.
I came back so +1 to the active user count.

I've also come back with a spanish vocabulary of somebody in spanish 2 more or less.
(02-11-2017, 02:50 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2017, 02:37 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Dead is a term that only happens naturally to organic species.  Something like a chat site only dies unnatural deaths.  So someone would have to kill it for it to be truly dead.  Until that happens i'll still be here, because although I may be relatively new, I really like it here.  Trying to make friends, or at the least, converse on things that interest me that I actually know something about.  Though I digress, people trying to religate everything to discord lately has started to eat at me.  Ending up with nowhere near enough people on to hold a running conversation, not enough differing viewpoints to inspire conversation.
At least there still are people. You don't have to find some new forum to hang around.

I've also come back with a spanish vocabulary of somebody in spanish 2 more or less.

Don't assume I didn't have to find another forum.  One of the ones I frequented was taken down a long while ago shortly before I joined this place, now I have permanently lost contact with two friends I had from there and numerous acquaintances, which is why I eventually found my way here after attempting unsuccessfully to join the chuckle-fish forums.

To be honest, we have gotten new folks here.  But they introduce themselves and then disappear completely after forgetting this place exists.   Welcome back though.
(02-11-2017, 03:16 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2017, 02:50 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]At least there still are people. You don't have to find some new forum to hang around.

Don't assume I didn't have to find another forum.  One of the ones I frequented was taken down a long while ago shortly before I joined this place, now I have permanently lost contact with two friends I had from there and numerous acquaintances, which is why I eventually found my way here after attempting unsuccessfully to join the chuckle-fish forums.

To be honest, we have gotten new folks here.  But they introduce themselves and then disappear completely after forgetting this place exists.   Welcome back though.

I meant you didn't have... oh nevermind 

I had a small foothold on the chucklefish  forums which led me to the nexus there which moved here.

The new folk were never set in stone they were just looking. Testing if they liked this place if it stuck. Like one might read the beginning of a book or random page before checking out or buying.
(02-11-2017, 02:37 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Dead is a term that only happens naturally to organic species.  Something like a chat site only dies unnatural deaths.  So someone would have to kill it for it to be truly dead.  Until that happens i'll still be here, because although I may be relatively new, I really like it here.  Trying to make friends, or at the least, converse on things that interest me that I actually know something about.  Though I digress, people trying to religate everything to discord lately has started to eat at me.  Ending up with nowhere near enough people on to hold a running conversation, not enough differing viewpoints to inspire conversation.
Went to that discord, got drama and hate from people who are incapable of moving on...

Came back here and I'm fine. Been bettering myself every week.
(02-10-2017, 09:08 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2017, 07:08 PM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]Also I'd share my art since I draw daily now, but you guys never seemed to care, sooooooooo it's not a big deal

I like seeing your art, is there another place you upload it?
I tend to share most of it privately, but I'll eventually dump all of it on one sketchpage and post it on my art tumblr, probably
(02-11-2017, 01:38 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2017, 04:38 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi is this dead?
I won't know till tomorrow.
Long time no see I must say.

(02-10-2017, 07:08 PM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]

Also I'd share my art since I draw daily now, but you guys never seemed to care, sooooooooo it's not a big deal
I love it but talking with you has become awkward so I just look on and admire it silently.

Haven't spoken in a while, can't speak for the awkwardness

Thanks, though
(02-11-2017, 04:14 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2017, 03:16 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Don't assume I didn't have to find another forum.  One of the ones I frequented was taken down a long while ago shortly before I joined this place, now I have permanently lost contact with two friends I had from there and numerous acquaintances, which is why I eventually found my way here after attempting unsuccessfully to join the chuckle-fish forums.

I meant you didn't have... oh nevermind 

I had a small foothold on the chucklefish  forums which led me to the nexus there which moved here.

The new folk were never set in stone they were just looking. Testing if they liked this place if it stuck. Like one might read the beginning of a book or random page before checking out or buying.

Sorry if I misunderstood you.

(02-11-2017, 04:50 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2017, 02:37 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Dead is a term that only happens naturally to organic species. Something like a chat site only dies unnatural deaths. So someone would have to kill it for it to be truly dead. Until that happens i'll still be here, because although I may be relatively new, I really like it here. Trying to make friends, or at the least, converse on things that interest me that I actually know something about. Though I digress, people trying to religate everything to discord lately has started to eat at me. Ending up with nowhere near enough people on to hold a running conversation, not enough differing viewpoints to inspire conversation.
Went to that discord, got drama and hate from people who are incapable of moving on...

Came back here and I'm fine. Been bettering myself every week.

Glad to hear. You do honestly sound in pretty good spirits, if a bit down on yourself for the time being. Self reflection can be a healthy thing.
(02-10-2017, 07:08 PM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]-awesome-

Also I'd share my art since I draw daily now, but you guys never seemed to care, sooooooooo it's not a big deal
holy shit, that like advance wars-xcom(?)-fire emblem-other alike RPG? I want it!

Also, we got gifv support now?
(02-11-2017, 05:32 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2017, 09:08 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]I like seeing your art, is there another place you upload it?
I tend to share most of it privately, but I'll eventually dump all of it on one sketchpage and post it on my art tumblr, probably

(02-11-2017, 01:38 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Long time no see I must say.

I love it but talking with you has become awkward so I just look on and admire it silently.

Thanks, though
I've enjoyed your art.  But I find it rather unwelcome to praise something that you yourself may later come to despise.  People constantly get better.  It may just be an issue with me being the most thoughtful asshole around though. 

I may not say anything.  But I tend to be extremely constructive rather than praising people.  And I'm not an artsy person, isn't really much I could say.  As if I said "woo it's great" I would be lying, there will be someone out there who could say that i'm wrong.  The one thing I CAN say is that.  Despite barely knowing you and having seen little of your drawings or art overall due to this.  Even I have seen improvement in what you make from the first new piece I saw you put up.  Hopefully this will alleviate what you think is disinterest, when it is not.

I guess we'll eventually be able to see just how many people enjoy what you draw.  Until then, All I can say is that I do like it, not that it's good or bad.  That would be objective.  I can only be subjective with my opinions.
(02-11-2017, 06:15 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2017, 05:32 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]I tend to share most of it privately, but I'll eventually dump all of it on one sketchpage and post it on my art tumblr, probably

Thanks, though
I've enjoyed your art.  But I find it rather unwelcome to praise something that you yourself may later come to despise.  People constantly get better.  It may just be an issue with me being the most thoughtful asshole around though. 

I may not say anything.  But I tend to be extremely constructive rather than praising people.  And I'm not an artsy person, isn't really much I could say.  As if I said "woo it's great" I would be lying, there will be someone out there who could say that i'm wrong.  The one thing I CAN say is that.  Despite barely knowing you and having seen little of your drawings or art overall due to this.  Even I have seen improvement in what you make from the first new piece I saw you put up.  Hopefully this will alleviate what you think is disinterest, when it is not.

I guess we'll eventually be able to see just how many people enjoy what you draw.  Until then, All I can say is that I do like it, not that it's good or bad.  That would be objective.  I can only be subjective with my opinions.

Truthfully most praise is bothersome, and overbearing criticism isn't much good either, because I catch and improve on my own and some others are super good at telling me where I'm not so solid, so I rely on them for that.

For the most part, all I'm really looking for when I post something is acknowledgement. Along the lines of "Hey that's pretty cool" or "Oh why don't you try drawing x or y, too?". Just silly things, y'know?

Getting silence, as I've learned over my life, is a major indication of disinterest. And even if people say otherwise, the hardest thing in the world for me to do is recognize emotions and intents from others, and most of the time, complete silence is louder.

Anyway, not nitpicking at you guys for any of that. Moreso curious if people WOULD like for me to post my sketches and such again, if to give just that bit more activity.
You know I've noticed that it's really hard to talk about things on discord when the chat is already moving with a topic you can't or won't contribute to. Of course this post is a bit off topic for where the thread is currently moving but I like to think a forum can handle one or two tangents at once.
(02-11-2017, 02:09 PM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2017, 06:15 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]I've enjoyed your art.  But I find it rather unwelcome to praise something that you yourself may later come to despise.  People constantly get better.  It may just be an issue with me being the most thoughtful asshole around though. 

Truthfully most praise is bothersome, and overbearing criticism isn't much good either, because I catch and improve on my own and some others are super good at telling me where I'm not so solid, so I rely on them for that.

For the most part, all I'm really looking for when I post something is acknowledgement. Along the lines of "Hey that's pretty cool" or "Oh why don't you try drawing x or y, too?". Just silly things, y'know?

Getting silence, as I've learned over my life, is a major indication of disinterest. And even if people say otherwise, the hardest thing in the world for me to do is recognize emotions and intents from others, and most of the time, complete silence is louder.

Anyway, not nitpicking at you guys for any of that. Moreso curious if people WOULD like for me to post my sketches and such again, if to give just that bit more activity.

Can't speak for others, but if you want i'll try to respond when you put something up.  Because it is nice seeing what you're working on, whether to use it to springboard into other things or actually talk about the piece itself

(02-11-2017, 02:31 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]You know I've noticed that it's really hard to talk about things on discord when the chat is already moving with a topic you can't or won't contribute to. Of course this post is a bit off topic for where the thread is currently moving but I like to think a forum can handle one or two tangents at once.

You just repeated what i've said numerous times already.  Heh.
The average word count per post has increased since I was last here. Even for meaningful conversations.
also forgot to leave this here
[Image: tumblr_ol00xmewuN1uflnsqo1_1280.png]
Does anybody know which page has the image my profile pic comes from?
[Image: 640?cb=20150111013854]
[Image: Alpha+Fighter+Concept+Artwork.jpg]
[Image: 2000?cb=20150313201745]
[Image: singleton_dissolve_1920x1080.jpg]
[Image: singletonbrooding.jpg]
[Image: 640?cb=20141227024127]
[Image: latest?cb=20150110144402]

This game looks fuckin cool...
(02-11-2017, 11:34 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Snip

What game is it?
Excuse me if it's a well known sci-fi game, they don't tend to interest me.
(02-11-2017, 11:46 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2017, 11:34 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Snip

What game is it?
Excuse me if it's a well known sci-fi game, they don't tend to interest me.
Grey Goo

An obscure sci-fi RTS that came and went quietly. It promised a return to the heyday of RTS but just delivered a stripped down Starcraft competitor.