Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

(04-19-2017, 02:24 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2017, 02:23 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]could always bounty hunt.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=641791442

Last few updates they added commander creation and multi-crewing so there's that. 
The tedium that set in was bounty hunting.

that's sad to hear.  I guess there's always CQC.
Oh right I usually post about my writing things here. Well I've been contemplating actually tackling a proper project, rather than try and re-present it I'll just post the entire conversation I already had on discord about it.

Fuck I just got reminded we have a steam group and I'm a moderator there. I suddenly have an intense compulsion to try and do something for all those poor 259 souls in it to make joining the group worthwhile.

I have no idea what that would be though.
(04-22-2017, 01:39 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Oh right I usually post about my writing things here. Well I've been contemplating actually tackling a proper project, rather than try and re-present it I'll just post the entire conversation I already had on discord about it.

Fuck I just got reminded we have a steam group and I'm a moderator there. I suddenly have an intense compulsion to try and do something for all those poor 259 souls in it to make joining the group worthwhile.

Wait what's the point of the steam group besides saying hey the avali nexus is cool?
I'm in it mostly to say I'm a part of the nexus Whether or not people want me. That doesn't mean I don't care if people dislike me though for being a bad user.
(04-22-2017, 02:45 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2017, 01:39 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Oh right I usually post about my writing things here. Well I've been contemplating actually tackling a proper project, rather than try and re-present it I'll just post the entire conversation I already had on discord about it.

Wait what's the point of the steam group besides saying hey the avali nexus is cool?
I'm in it mostly to say I'm a part of the nexus Whether or not people want me. That doesn't mean I don't care if people dislike me though for being a bad user.
It was an interim measure until we got a new forum. Now it serves no real purpose.
Technically we could use it for game nights and stuff I guess.
(04-22-2017, 03:00 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2017, 02:45 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Wait what's the point of the steam group besides saying hey the avali nexus is cool?
It was an interim measure until we got a new forum. Now it serves no real purpose.
But what game would work (besides starbound)? You'd have to find a game most (wanting this) people in the group can play.
(04-22-2017, 03:38 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2017, 03:00 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]It was an interim measure until we got a new forum. Now it serves no real purpose.
But what game would work (besides starbound)? You'd have to find a game most (wanting this) people in the group can play.
Which is always the crux of the issue, idk. I'm only a mod, unless one of the 3 admins takes an interest I consider my hands tied
(04-22-2017, 03:38 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2017, 03:00 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]It was an interim measure until we got a new forum. Now it serves no real purpose.

Factorio? Though I think only KC and I have that at the moment.

I do have Age of Empires II HD edition, which makes use of steam. But that game takes hours and only accepts a few players at a time.

Same with Civ V.
so far i have age of empires II,Civ V(no DLC), Red orchestra 2 and CSGO, but the best game for game nights is something a bit more f2p like dnd or cards against humanity, also secret hitler, have you guys played that?
(04-22-2017, 01:57 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]so far i have age of empires II,Civ V(no DLC), Red orchestra 2 and CSGO, but the best game for game nights is something a bit more f2p like dnd or cards against humanity, also secret hitler, have you guys played that?

No what's that? 
Also I have a whole bunch of games I don't think others have.

..  I hate competitive games of any sort and usually only enjoy co-operative only play.  But I own about 300 games or something on steam alone..
I'm sure we could find a game we could agree on if we wanted to do a game night. Me I don't care if we do or not I may join if one is hosted and I can play the game on my fairly old laptop.
I haven't posted here about my car troubles yet, basically for the longest time I've been driving my mom's old 1998 Ford Explorer, it's beat up, leaks oil, several lights don't work, but it runs. Recently it finally gave up the ghost in the form of a transmission fluid pump failure, which is an expensive fix that requires specialized tools, more money than the car is worth. So in the interim I'd been getting to class in my mom's current '95 Mustang, today she asked me to run to the store and pick something up for her, so I grabbed the keys to her car and opened the garage, where instead of a mustang I found a new Ford Fusion with temporary tags. My first thought was that the mustang was in the shop for something and this was the rental, my second thought was I didn't have keys for any of the three vehicles currently in the driveway.
So I walk out of the garage more confused than anything, my parents say "surprise!" which does nothing to abate my confusion, and after a few minutes I finally am able to establish that mom does not need anything from the store, they just wanted to surprise me with my new car.
(04-22-2017, 09:15 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't posted here about my car troubles yet, basically for the longest time I've been driving my mom's old 1998 Ford Explorer, it's beat up, leaks oil, several lights don't work, but it runs. Recently it finally gave up the ghost in the form of a transmission fluid pump failure, which is an expensive fix that requires specialized tools, more money than the car is worth. So in the interim I'd been getting to class in my mom's current '95 Mustang, today she asked me to run to the store and pick something up for her, so I grabbed the keys to her car and opened the garage, where instead of a mustang I found a new Ford Fusion with temporary tags. My first thought was that the mustang was in the shop for something and this was the rental, my second thought was I didn't have keys for any of the three vehicles currently in the driveway.
So I walk out of the garage more confused than anything, my parents say "surprise!" which does nothing to abate my confusion, and after a few minutes I finally am able to establish that mom does not need anything from the store, they just wanted to surprise me with my new car.
So do you think they were waiting for the old car to finally die or just decided to do that when they found out the car was broken? Basically planned or not so much.
(04-22-2017, 09:58 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2017, 09:15 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't posted here about my car troubles yet, basically for the longest time I've been driving my mom's old 1998 Ford Explorer, it's beat up, leaks oil, several lights don't work, but it runs. Recently it finally gave up the ghost in the form of a transmission fluid pump failure, which is an expensive fix that requires specialized tools, more money than the car is worth. So in the interim I'd been getting to class in my mom's current '95 Mustang, today she asked me to run to the store and pick something up for her, so I grabbed the keys to her car and opened the garage, where instead of a mustang I found a new Ford Fusion with temporary tags. My first thought was that the mustang was in the shop for something and this was the rental, my second thought was I didn't have keys for any of the three vehicles currently in the driveway.
So do you think they were waiting for the old car to finally die or just decided to do that when they found out the car was broken? Basically planned or not so much.
We were all waiting for the old car to give up the ghost, but we didn't have a real plan when it did.
I think the strangest event with a teacher is when one teacher of mine responded to my class complaining about pollen floating around with "pollen is tree sperm" to gross my class out. I now from this point forward tend to call pollen tree sperm.
(04-22-2017, 10:10 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the strangest event with a teacher is when one teacher of mine responded to my class complaining about pollen floating around with "pollen is tree sperm" to gross my class out. I now from this point forward tend to call pollen tree sperm.

That teacher is correct though. The male tree releases pollen to fertilize nearby female trees and maintain genetic diversity in the species as new seeds are produced.

Interestingly enough, bananas being seedless means that they don't make pollen and have no such genetic diversity. A single disease could drive them to extinction practically overnight.

And this already happened once before, that's why 'artificial banana flavor' doesn't taste like real bananas. The artiicial flavor was developed to resemble the older type of banana that is now extremely rare and expensive with very few plants surviving.