Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

anyway, enough political stuff, but htis is intresting, guess to deal with storm troopers better drive the IFVs, favorably the BMPT Ramka, 30mms of Armor Piercing Fin Stabalised Discarding Sabot, more than enough to kill them and tear the squishy internal organs
(11-10-2016, 04:38 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ][fucking redacted]

Its alright. Angry rants all over the place because of this stuff.

I did read what you wrote before it was deleted, and I can't blame you at all.

A big part of why there is so much lingering hard feelings on this election is because both candidates based their platforms on strong emotional appeals with very little technical merit behind them. The only candidate to actually have technical merit was Bernie.

There's more I could say on the topic, but you are right in that we probably should stop discussing it for the time being and move on to less upsetting subjects.

Like how would an Avali survive a visit to Earth, where the temperatures are high enough that Ammonia is usually a gas and the compounds their anatomy would need to survive are only obtained easily from household cleaning products and industrial tankers.

aside from horrible dubstep usage, look at this murder machine tore through everything
(11-10-2016, 01:13 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]

Like how would an Avali survive a visit to Earth, where the temperatures are high enough that Ammonia is usually a gas and the compounds their anatomy would need to survive are only obtained easily from household cleaning products and industrial tankers.

They would need a full environment suit, or a copious amount of implants.
So I got the world spotlight on the /r/worldbuilding discord. I am on the spot answering questions about my world for the day
If anybody is interested in harassing me in a Q&A I'll be sitting down to answer questions in depth in 2-3 hours.
edit: I am dumb and thought I had all week to answer questions, it's more in the realm of a day. So it's mostly over now and nobody cared about Tecar ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[Image: tumblr_ogfshhZ4dz1uflnsqo1_540.png]
(11-10-2016, 01:37 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]

aside from horrible dubstep usage, look at this murder machine tore through everything

It can certainly shred a stationary soft skinned target (that's like 30-40% glass by surface area).

I have no doubt that this machine is a nasty piece of work; but all this video shows is it putting on a ballistic light show.
(11-10-2016, 01:13 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]

Its alright. Angry rants all over the place because of this stuff.

I did read what you wrote before it was deleted, and I can't blame you at all.

A big part of why there is so much lingering hard feelings on this election is because both candidates based their platforms on strong emotional appeals with very little technical merit behind them. The only candidate to actually have technical merit was Bernie.

There's more I could say on the topic, but you are right in that we probably should stop discussing it for the time being and move on to less upsetting subjects.

Thank you... And I'm sorry for the outburst. I was a Bernie supporter, so Trump's campaign has been like the exact opposite of what I wanted.
...I've calmed down now. We can only wait and see how things will unfold from here. Then we can react.

Anyway, I agree that a full-on environmental suit would be needed. Probably even more than Ryuu's official survival suits, which are more like exoskeletons with cooling, because that would be pretty inefficient compared to a sealed environment. In order to get access to ammonia, they'd need a special chamber or something that's kept cold enough for ammonia to enter its liquid state, and there would almost certainly need to be a seperate atmosphere inside to keep them from suffocating. All in all, if we're going off strict lore, they're gonna have a hard time.
"Magnetic compression shields" IE creative use of ferrofluids to create vacuumes for additional use of cooling due to cold's increased effect on megnetism and electrical current.

"Energetic displacement" If we eventually become capable of fully studying the various forms of energy to their fullest. Allowing non chemical removal of energy from the target.

And "Coolant vest" We already have a similar setup, running chemicals quickly between two thin tight fitting layers of material, with a protective rubberized layer on the outside that is thermally resistant, and a protective layer on the inside that is simply puncture resistant. Side effect being a thermal exhaust that dumps out the waist heat absorbed, and likely discomfort from freezing H2o on the outside of the body-suit.

In general though these are a few examples of possible future tech garnered by science fiction. Although they may not work like people imagine them. They are likely to exist in some way shape or form in the future.
The Eleventh hour approaches.

"Lest We Forget"

@Surge
While having a bit of breakfast at a small diner across the corner from OSMH, waiting until it was time to head on over to the Cenotaph for the Remembrance Day ceremony, i had a quick glance through today's issue of the Toronto Sun, and came upon this little gem:
[Image: 1297897078023_COMICS.jpg]

The words are paraphrased from the Chorus of "Faded Coat of Blue".
(11-11-2016, 07:02 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]

@Surge
Poor NCIX, they think it's an exclusive paintjob. PGI made that paint job for that exact mech back in beta for PCGamer.
So Planet Coaster is in open beta now.
I've been making space ships instead of coasters.
[Image: 9d498638365e53492bfdd906ae818975.png]
[Image: 4cb70c213c71107bd8b297e26e475f0d.jpg]
[Image: 27c71ad823ac2e414b32b52bfa41b36a.png]
[Image: 00ffa885a13f855b9b296c296c4858b4.jpg]
[Image: f76a6cbd97886ac0a029be26976c10e2.png]
edit: If anyone else plays Planet Coaster I put the ship itself on the workshop so you won't waste an hour recreating it like I did
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=797721474
umby drop
[Image: tumblr_oghp0j3sfP1sjwdv8o1_1280.png]
(11-12-2016, 05:15 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]umby drop
Why do I seem to recall a conversation about putting one of our resident Umbreons in a maid dress? Was that a thing?
(11-12-2016, 06:18 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2016, 05:15 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]umby drop
Why do I seem to recall a conversation about putting one of our resident Umbreons in a maid dress? Was that a thing?
I distinctly remember only the conversation about the dream where I was in a maid dress.
(11-12-2016, 07:01 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2016, 06:18 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Why do I seem to recall a conversation about putting one of our resident Umbreons in a maid dress? Was that a thing?
I distinctly remember only the conversation about the dream where I was in a maid dress.

Okay but still, maid dresses for everyone! Yes, everyone.
(11-12-2016, 07:09 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2016, 07:01 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]I distinctly remember only the conversation about the dream where I was in a maid dress.

Okay but still, maid dresses for everyone! Yes, everyone.
I already have one
(11-12-2016, 07:15 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2016, 07:09 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Okay but still, maid dresses for everyone! Yes, everyone.
I already have one

pics or i don't believe you