Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I barley play terraria at all, and would rather play starbound instead. But both games leave me wanting these days.
I wish i was an artist, i have this really cool idea for a spooky version of my avali in my head (i can even see it to a degree) but i dont have the experince needed to make it real...
(09-21-2017, 08:37 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]I wish i was an artist, i have this really cool idea for a spooky version of my avali in my head (i can even see it to a degree) but i dont have the experince needed to make it real...

Surprise, some artists are like that too

I'm an example as well.
Keep drafting it Austin, even small revisions add up after awhile. Currently I'm doing something like that. I'll post it here when I finish.
(09-22-2017, 10:27 AM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]Keep drafting it Austin, even small revisions add up after awhile. Currently I'm doing something like that. I'll post it here when I finish.
Look, i would, but i really dont have the dedication, as sad as that may seem, i just dont, that being the main reason .My idea will always exist in my head, though i can describe it if you want...
Only playing co-op interests me anymore.  I got bored of Terrarria after starting over some odd thirty plus times for different people who never played it with me again.  Not to mention it's graphics now give me a headache.

Still play starbound occasionally.  Hate mods but i'll do anything to play with friends so I have FU and I'm the local battery trader.  In other news I spent large amounts of time in both games designing different types of roller coaster type things.
*Topic that interests someone*
alright fine, umbry drop damnit
[Image: IMG-20170920-WA0016.jpg]
I suppose I could talk about Stellaris

[Image: 7hr9560fvnoz.png]
Stellaris is one of those games that is supremely difficult to critique due to the sheer breadth of features, I could talk for hours about my adventures as a collective of killbot scouring the galaxy to remove all life until somebody finally stopped us, and the moral of suspect AI behavior would be totally lost as a footnote in the whole chronicle. To try and boil it down "wide as an ocean but shallow as a puddle" is a little bit disingenuous for Stellaris, rather "wide as an ocean, about as deep as the neighborhood pool" is more apt I feel.

It's not that Stellaris lacks for ambition or has no depth like something such as Fallout 4, it's just that Stellaris tends to stumble and fall under the sheer load of things it's trying to juggle all at once. The game has steadily expanded since release with new content both free and paid, with entire mechanics overhauled to improve the overall experience, and yet the same technical issues that plagued it at launch often persist. At one point a new event chain added by a free update outright didn't trigger properly without mods, and the sector AI that automates building construction within non-core sectors of your empire has been so consistently dimwitted since launch that the recent update simply added the option to circumvent it entirely.

A comprehensive list of Stellaris' flaws and feats would take hours though, the game is truly something in both a positive and negative sense. To try and summarize Stellaris' diplomacy feels too simplistic and unrewarding, expansion feels tedious, combat lacks any sort of depth, technological progression is hard to praise or deride, and the engine itself seems ill-suited for the scale of the game, often slowing to a near crawl. In spite of this the game gives you the player tremendous agency and no shortage of events and/or tension to react to, it's hard to not appreciate the feel of Stellaris once you have it in your hands, once you're invested in your own species of space-moths trying to carve out a home in the stars. At the end of the day if you want a good game to mod until it's unrecognizable and then lose an entire day to, I recommend you pick up Stellaris on sale.
(09-28-2017, 02:22 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]*Topic that interests someone*

I got nothin
Was just watching Hercules.

Because I haven't actualy seen this movie through in years, if I ever have. Only ever pieces of it.
I'm rewatching battle star galactica, and it's not half bad. Sounds like something you would watch surge?
I don't watch any TV really these days
Neither do i surge.
I feel I should note that my stating absolutely nothing has apparently incited more activity than any topic has in months.  That goes to show how much effort people are willing to put towards staying here.. 

Stellaris is an odd one.  I like it, but not too much.  So it surpasses rimworld by far for me.  Rimworld has too many addicting qualities to it so i'll never touch it again.

In other news.  I still want someone to play stellaris with in MP, whole games through.
I dunno im not really sure where i want to hang out anymore. Ive joined a stream and a few discords so i dunno anymore.
(10-01-2017, 02:56 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno im not really sure where i want to hang out anymore. Ive joined a stream and a few discords so i dunno anymore.

I hang out anywhere there's people who are interesting to talk to.And i'm still here.
(10-01-2017, 06:01 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2017, 02:56 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno im not really sure where i want to hang out anymore. Ive joined a stream and a few discords so i dunno anymore.

I hang out anywhere there's people who are interesting to talk to.And i'm still here.
Well i havent left yet.

Also google seems to longer display this place when i search for it.
Sorry buds, just not as interested in most of the same things as you guys.

Sci-fi isn't really my thing and I've been a hermit these days anyway, so...

I wish you all the best.
(10-02-2017, 08:14 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry buds, just not as interested in most of the same things as you guys.

Sci-fi isn't really my thing and I've been a hermit these days anyway, so...

I wish you all the best.
Im not a sci fi fan either, i've ignored pretty much every conversation about it from mechs to surge's reveiws kn sci fi games. So your not alone in that.