Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-24-2017, 12:57 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2017, 12:41 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]I've always led charges by screaming something like "ReeeeeEEEEEEE!" And people don't stop to question, they just get behind and go. Then again I usually do stuff like that in non-shooters.
Just believe in the power of camaraderie and hope the tourney matchups favor you.
Well we already know 3-4 mid-high skill teams are going to be competing, and the "B-list" lineup from another mid-high team just registered. Since none of us have any competitive experience it's not a question of will we win so much as how badly will we be stomped.
I thought the same way when I first did competitive gaming. I certainly didn't win, but I didn't get completely rolled either. Good luck with it
"oh discord supports animated avatars now, I could get one"
1 hour later of shopping for artists I'm contemplating throwing $70+ at a primarily fetish artist because I haven't found anybody else who does animated icons, wondering where I went wrong in life.
(01-25-2017, 04:42 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]"oh discord supports animated avatars now, I could get one"
1 hour later of shopping for artists I'm contemplating throwing $70+ at a primarily fetish artist because I haven't found anybody else who does animated icons, wondering where I went wrong in life.

ohh, diives take animated icon commissions, but it is 80-220usd
[Image: 3a0339b069dafa2dd4c7f37999442e5c.jpg]
Anyways it is time for me to go get intimate with the mech I'll be running in the tournament...
Hey, anyone here know if we have a Discord chat? Everything seems lonely.
I think there's a loosely affiliated discord server.
(01-26-2017, 04:24 AM)RowanEx Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, anyone here know if we have a Discord chat? Everything seems lonely.

The old famous split between those who preferred the forums and those who preferred an irc-alike can cause... Tension here if brought up, but yes there is a Discord for those of us who split off.

We aren't exclusive to new people (the only reason we'd say no is if we have an active history of less than good history with a particular person based on past interactions.), but you might wanna give us time to say "yeah, we're alright with you" because for the greater part we're just sick of drama
....I want to respond accordingly, but no wording will allow me to dodge the stigma of "causing drama" however I generally prefer to post SOMETHING rather than hold my tongue, since God knows this place needs the activity. So I'll just outright say that it breaks my heart that it's not even reasonable to PRETEND that the forum is it's own independent thing.
also important, it is not the heretic that is the triage
Triage is fine, the old Nexus was a bit daunting and a madhouse to boot, and the old Nexus is long gone, so they had to become their own thing.
(01-25-2017, 04:42 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]"oh discord supports animated avatars now, I could get one"

I mean it's only a feature of discord nitro so unless you wanna pay for that. That and last time I tried it, it needed some work, the playback looked really choppy and dithered like the gif got compressed to hell (even though the source file was fine)

Also regarding the whole commission thing in general, I think it's important to choose an artist carefully to make sure you're satisfied with the end result. Like, look through the artist's gallery and see if they've drawn something similar to the kind of pic you're envisioning - you're probably not going to be very satisfied if you ask an artist who primarily draws fantasy subjects to design power armour for instance.

As well as just accepting that, on some level, commissioning an artist means accepting their creative input on design, composition and so on and how it's rendered in their works, which means some degree of artistic liberty. The artist needs that freedom to use their skill and actually make the piece work.
(01-26-2017, 11:30 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]

I mean it's only a feature of discord nitro so unless you wanna pay for that. That and last time I tried it, it needed some work, the playback looked really choppy and dithered like the gif got compressed to hell (even though the source file was fine)

Also regarding the whole commission thing in general, I think it's important to choose an artist carefully to make sure you're satisfied with the end result. Like, look through the artist's gallery and see if they've drawn something similar to the kind of pic you're envisioning - you're probably not going to be very satisfied if you ask an artist who primarily draws fantasy subjects to design power armour for instance.

As well as just accepting that, on some level, commissioning an artist means accepting their creative input on design, composition and so on and how it's rendered in their works, which means some degree of artistic liberty. The artist needs that freedom to use their skill and actually make the piece work.
Yeah most animated avatars I've seen have been super basic, but I was considering buying nitro anyways, I get enough use out of Discord that I would be fine with supporting them.
(01-26-2017, 11:39 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2017, 11:30 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]I mean it's only a feature of discord nitro so unless you wanna pay for that. That and last time I tried it, it needed some work, the playback looked really choppy and dithered like the gif got compressed to hell (even though the source file was fine)

Yeah most animated avatars I've seen have been super basic, but I was considering buying nitro anyways, I get enough use out of Discord that I would be fine with supporting them.

There's an artist called Diives on FA who does top quality animated stuff but you'll be paying a premium ($100+ easy), that and also the extreme difficulty of getting a hold of her. She's probably not your style but good animators do exist!

There was a Russian guy I saw on DA who did some nice animated stuff dirt cheap for how good it was - if I remember the name I'll tell you.
Should I be concerned that I thought about annexing the triage thread? Also hello, not dead but kinda dead
(01-26-2017, 11:50 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2017, 11:39 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah most animated avatars I've seen have been super basic, but I was considering buying nitro anyways, I get enough use out of Discord that I would be fine with supporting them.

There's an artist called Diives on FA who does top quality animated stuff but you'll be paying a premium ($100+ easy), that and also the extreme difficulty of getting a hold of her. She's probably not your style but good animators do exist!

There was a Russian guy I saw on DA who did some nice animated stuff dirt cheap for how good it was - if I remember the name I'll tell you.

OstinLein, I saw him but honestly I wouldn't want to try and work through his slightly broken english.
All in all I just dropped the idea.
(01-26-2017, 07:12 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]also important, it is not the heretic that is the triage
Not sure how a group that formed independently around the fan continuation of the mod is heresy.

Exterminatus request denied.

(01-26-2017, 11:53 AM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]Should I be concerned that I thought about annexing the triage thread? Also hello, not dead but kinda dead
Annexing?
(01-26-2017, 11:53 AM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]Should I be concerned that I thought about annexing the triage thread? Also hello, not dead but kinda dead

no, we raze it
Because that plan has worked so well before...
(01-26-2017, 03:47 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Because that plan has worked so well before...
Oh?
(01-26-2017, 06:09 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2017, 03:47 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Because that plan has worked so well before...
Oh?
Oh yeah, I remember that. We should do it again on their page 169. Imagine it, 169x2