Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EW was super indiscriminate. I outright died in one run, like, my character did. Captain rank MEC or something, had a total squad wipe.
100% died.
I feel like I would make a sub part xcom soldier.
What do you guys think of the extra credits youtube channel?
I really like it.
I don't usually watch informative vids on YT, extra credits is pretty commonly recommended by people who do though.
I really like Extra Credits, their videos are both accurate and entertaining.
(02-17-2017, 12:42 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I don't usually watch informative vids on YT, extra credits is pretty commonly recommended by people who do though.
I don't know what YT means.
But extra credits is actually informative, interesting, and entertaining all in one I don't know how though.
YT, abbreviation of youtube.

Don't sell yourself short on creativity for being overly logical.  Instead use it to your advantage.  Extend the strength of what others write.  Make the world enriched with things that you know must exist.  If you are so logical, you can treat it like an infinite puzzle where each question you answer creates more puzzles.  It is eternally exciting to look at things this way.

Admittedly this is also how I scare people off when they expect me to show some restraint in what I am passionate about. I do not.
(02-17-2017, 05:53 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]YT, abbreviation of youtube.

Don't sell yourself short on creativity for being overly logical.  Instead use it to your advantage.  Extend the strength of what others write.  Make the world enriched with things that you know must exist.  If you are so logical, you can treat it like an infinite puzzle where each question you answer creates more puzzles.  It is eternally exciting to look at things this way.

Admittedly this is also how I scare people off when they expect me to show some restraint in what I am passionate about. I do not.
I just don't feel helpful or additive when people have stuff planned and I'm over here trying to name something and failing. It also makes it difficult to develop my characters as I don't know where to take them.
I see your point though, and I may join but not now, maybe some later Saturday or Sunday.
Sometimes I look at my library of games and think what do I like. The only one thing I noticed is procedural generation. Doesn't even have to be a Rouge-like since I love the pokemon mystery dungeon series but I also like many games without it so I am mostly lost.
Rogue*

The only thing that says is that you like getting more bang for your buck. Since randomness has a chance to breed entertainment or excitement over and over rather that being linear. It likely means you'd also enjoy co-operative games involving random people since it adds it's own random element that can breed entertainment for you. And possibly competitive games where you can learn the systems with people being the only random element, what will they do next? Assuming you can remain relaxed and avoid getting involved with people using the classic strategy of angering their opponents to incite greater mistakes, or trying to massage their ego after playing horribly.

From what you said, this is all I can really determine as far as what you might be able to enjoy.

Examples(some may be obvious): Warframe, TF2, CS:GO, Overwatch, Binding of Isaac, Luftrausers, Darkest Dungeon, Darkwood, Survivor squad, Chivilry: Medieval warfare, Most MOBAs. Other people can chime in to add titles if they want. These are just from what I know of, over-saturation of shooters is depressingly lacking in creativity.
I didn'the mention what I know I don't like. But shooters I'm the guy who only wants one and I have my one. I own csgo but it's not that one it's garden warfare 2. The only shooter I'm good at. Binding of isaac I know I would like, but refuse to own based on its principle. I have games like dungeon souls and enter the gungeon instead. Risk of rain was fun. I actually don't find myself drawn into multi-player games much. I never get mad at multi-player games though. I also forgot to mention metroidvanias are the best 10\10 which is why I'm hoping this procedural metroidvania style game in development will come out. Terraria I really liked but looking into others like it are mostly meh. I actually got a shitty early access game called edge of space it's currently dead in a shitty state, and it even had terraria cross over content. Other than that it seems to me it's just if the game play is fun. Can't name set genres.

One of the two things I can rant on. Food and videogames.
Check out Ghost 1.0 and UnEpic. Those are the only metroidvanias that i've played as of late. Possibly Notrium. There's also action-puzzle metroidvania Teslagrad, or Roguelite Sunless sea if that's your style. There are likely a lot more out there. But I haven't played them so can't really say.
I know all the good metroidvanias.
I got multiple metroid games on my wii u.
Aria of sorrow
Ori and the blind forest
Dust
Axiom verge (don't own)
Rouge legacy sorta
La-mulana  (don't own)
Environmental station alpha
Valdis story: abyssal city (didn't get much into bit was good)
There are more I own but I forget their names.
Tell me if you want to hear more.
Don't need to recommend games btw steam exploration qeoue has my back.
Okay I have 1 genre 1 element not sure what else but I know what I will like when I see it 90% of the time.
I can't really bring myself to trust what a computer decides I might like. Especially when all it ever suggests to me are games that I know for a fact I do not enjoy due to prior experience. Every single thing it suggests to me is something that makes me wince in pain at the mere mention. On steam alone I own somewhere along the lines of 260 titles, and I trust what other people suggest far more than random critics. Specifically people who share the same likes as myself. Thus the best I could do was offer potential suggestions to you in the hopes I understood well enough what you possibly might enjoy. I am however fairly sure that you do not know every good metroidvania, as that is too much of a sweeping gesture and I am autistic. Check out Aquaria.

Although I do look forwards to eventually owning Ori and the blind forest. I found Dust to be extremely bland compared to games I had already played at the time, as it did nothing new, and did not combine elements that had not already been combined and done better before. Although I do admit the fact it was done nearly all by one person amusing enough to have played through the game once through in respect of them. Further play-throughs I could not accomplish as I would fall asleep mid-game whenever I attempted it. Even though I was playing on the highest difficulty. It could not hold my interest no matter how much I tried.
I didn't mean I know every good metroidvania that was more so a joke on the fact I own so many.
Steam exploration queue only gives me 1 potential game over a long period of time but I've built a backlog of sorts in my wishlist that I choose from when I have money to do so. So it's not that the exploration queue is the be all end all but if gives me suggestions of some I put on my wishlist and then choose from there ones I believe I will like and have an estimated 90% success rate which isn't bad.
I think if any of you get a chance check out environmental station alpha and this one game I own called severed.
i still haven't gotten around to finishing dust
it is quite an old game, that might have something to do with it feeling a bit bland nowadays
ori is highly recommended though. the motions! the colors!
i don't think there's a single spot in that game where you can stand and have things not move in the environment/ background (not counting the player/enemies)
funny how dust has an emphasis on combat, while ori puts combat in the passanger seat (just look at the bosses)

also i started playing terraria
building somehow feels smoother and faster than in starbound
movement is pretty arse though. atleast guns are actually worth using and don't stop working after 3 seconds
still, managed to make me sit down and not notice that 6 hours had passed

we obviously need to combine the two
Prepare to be dissapointed. I bought Edge of Space which should've been starbound + terraria but ended up being a shitty abandoned early access game, maybe if they went through with it, it could've been good but I feel like it wouldn't have been. Anyways I felt starbound was meh, but hey I'm not a builder.

You know I should mention graphics are the lowest priority for me as long as I know what I'm looking at I'm fine. Though some games I would be like wow so beautiful.
Edge of space is dirt cleaner simulator.  What was finished was promising, but very obviously cut off midway through.  Most greenlights run out of money too quickly and try to rely on further early access sales while slowly chipping away at the game.  Eventually people have to leave and then the project just falls apart.  Consumers like to think they ran away with the money so they have someone to blame, but the reality is usually a lot bleaker than that.  What money?

I prefer starbound over Terrarria just due to it's much more relaxed tone.  I played a lot of terrarria a while ago and just can't enjoy it compared.  Barely touched it since the new end game content came out.

It is kinda sad when a early access game dies when it has the potential to be great. Not all die though which is great.

So I'm assuming you don't like expert mode for terraria. I actually never play without it anymore.

Those are pretty good images. The most complex thing I can think of building in starbound or terraria is dumb box houses.
The undersea globe-room took six hours to design and build, since I was prototyping a new design.

You'd be partially right about terrarria. But the fact is that I don't really like terraria in general anymore. Haven't been able to enjoy it since the updates shortly after the ice biome was finished. Those were my favorite updates and I just wanted to live eternally in Terrarrian winter, so I essentially had done everything I wanted to in terraria at that point. (Only 357 hours in game, compared to starbound's already 520 and increasing hours.)