Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-20-2016, 08:34 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2016, 03:36 PM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]If you're going to talk about stuff you're not a part of, then at the very least you can be corrected on some things.

The old Skype group, which is now entirely on Discord, is different from the supposed other group I think you mean, the Triage.

Triage is entirely different from us. It's focused on that mod, Starbound itself, and has a fuckton of members.

Transferred Skypegroup has about the same number of active members as before, though we picked up a few...

Dunno what you mean by "hate", since it's really just a few individuals that make noise about stuff. Most of us don't care about Triage, and I'm pretty sure that most of those guys don't even know who we are.

Yes, Reks is correct. To be honest, the Discord Group is more like the old Nexus. Moves fast, a lot of the old memebers, so much lewd.
Oh and a lot of raging and arguing. But that's mostly kept to its own channel.

(11-20-2016, 06:38 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Triage isn't even involved in the forum/skype rivalry. The whole point of the skype group was "forums are a shitty platform" at first and "fuck Surge and Marx" later. Of course there's no reconciliation between the two groups so actually pursuing a rivalry is petty and pointless.

Well from what I've heard, the reason you're still kept out is because you are vocally against it, not that they're vocally against you. I'm not sure that's everyone's thoughts on the matter, but it's all I've heard on the subject.

But that's none of my business...
I also have a personal hatred of at least one or two people there so whatever reason they tell themselves for why they won't let me in is pretty irrelevant to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Remember I left the skype group of my own accord before it even became a talking point, because people were going out of their way to be cunts for fun.
I prefer the forum where those people aren't.
(11-20-2016, 09:00 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2016, 08:34 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, Reks is correct. To be honest, the Discord Group is more like the old Nexus. Moves fast, a lot of the old memebers, so much lewd.
Oh and a lot of raging and arguing. But that's mostly kept to its own channel.

Well from what I've heard, the reason you're still kept out is because you are vocally against it, not that they're vocally against you. I'm not sure that's everyone's thoughts on the matter, but it's all I've heard on the subject.

But that's none of my business...
I also have a personal hatred of at least one or two people there so whatever reason they tell themselves for why they won't let me in is pretty irrelevant to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Remember I left the skype group of my own accord before it even became a talking point, because people were going out of their way to be cunts for fun.

If you left of your own accord because you don't like people there, then please stop acting like the whole thing is a cult dedicated to hating you.
(11-20-2016, 09:34 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2016, 09:00 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I also have a personal hatred of at least one or two people there so whatever reason they tell themselves for why they won't let me in is pretty irrelevant to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you left of your own accord because you don't like people there, then please stop acting like the whole thing is a cult dedicated to hating you.

It's not though? When I was in it keeping Marx out was considered one of those pleasant side effects, and since I made an enemy of the whole group I'm sure I went on that list of "people who are conveniently not able to be here" but the primary point of it has always been "well forums are an inferior shitposting platform"
(11-20-2016, 09:36 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2016, 09:34 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]If you left of your own accord because you don't like people there, then please stop acting like the whole thing is a cult dedicated to hating you.

It's not though? When I was in it keeping Marx out was considered one of those pleasant side effects, and since I made an enemy of the whole group I'm sure I went on that list of "people who are conveniently not able to be here" but the primary point of it has always been "well forums are an inferior shitposting platform"

Agh I'm sorry I'm being an argumentative ass because I feel like shit. I know that's no excuse.
(11-20-2016, 09:39 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2016, 09:36 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]It's not though? When I was in it keeping Marx out was considered one of those pleasant side effects, and since I made an enemy of the whole group I'm sure I went on that list of "people who are conveniently not able to be here" but the primary point of it has always been "well forums are an inferior shitposting platform"

Agh I'm sorry I'm being an argumentative ass because I feel like shit. I know that's no excuse.

I mean I feel like shit too for unrelated reasons but I'm always an argumentative ass so I have no room to complain. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(11-20-2016, 08:59 PM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2016, 07:02 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]A good topic change, Frank Klepacki is a god of OSTs.
Rebuttal: Jeehun Hwang and Jeremy Soule share the title.

Also I have had a Discord account for a while now, but have yet to use it.

Let's not forget Mick Gordon and Motoi Sakuraba. Tongue

I like having multiple platforms for groups, Skype, Discord, TS, forums. It helps with variety and makes sure things don't get too monotonous.
I can't really stand TS or Skype tbh, Skype is buggy and slow and TS just makes me wanna rip my hair out.
For mass groups of people using voice coms in a semi-serious setting, I'd choose TS over anything. When just screwing around with friends and hanging out I choose Skype, but Discord works just as well for hanging out, I'm just used to Skype.
(11-20-2016, 06:38 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Triage isn't even involved in the forum/skype rivalry. The whole point of the skype group was "forums are a shitty platform" at first and "fuck Surge and Marx" later. Of course there's no reconciliation between the two groups so actually pursuing a rivalry is petty and pointless.
The triage group is welcome all comers despite past transgressions.

Even that Jetpack725 was in there.

It's a bit overwhelming though as it got big fast, also I personally steer clear of its nsfw stu... oh right they removed ERP and nsfw means simply normal conversation outside of earshot of children there.
(11-20-2016, 11:34 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
The triage group is welcome all comers despite past transgressions.

Even that Jetpack725 was in there.

It's a bit overwhelming though as it got big fast, also I personally steer clear of its nsfw stu... oh right they removed ERP and nsfw means simply normal conversation outside of earshot of children there.

I'm just not looking for another high activity discord right now, I have enough.

So I've mentioned before that I've been working to replace Surge as an in-universe character for my worldbuilding. Here's a short thingy with his replacement.
[Image: 8079eeb158d66c83e059e69e09ba3da6.png]
[Image: a449c315a201486f1b1e3eabb22675f7.png]
The shit I deal with.
"who pinged me?"
"There was an @here"
"well could you like, actually manage your server and set that to staff only?"
"It is set to staff only, a staff member did it"
"but why, there's literally no reason"
We have nearly 700 members on this server, we know how we want to run it and the community we have is okay with how we run it.
moderating is a thankless task i hear
(11-21-2016, 02:12 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 8079eeb158d66c83e059e69e09ba3da6.png]
[Image: a449c315a201486f1b1e3eabb22675f7.png]
The shit I deal with.
"who pinged me?"
"There was an @here"
"well could you like, actually manage your server and set that to staff only?"
"It is set to staff only, a staff member did it"
"but why, there's literally no reason"
We have nearly 700 members on this server, we know how we want to run it and the community we have is okay with how we run it.
Disrespecting a moderator publicly?

Nothing duct tape can't cover up!
(11-21-2016, 03:01 AM)comet1337 Wrote: [ -> ]moderating is a thankless task i hear

This isn't even it being a thankless task, our users are generally pretty aware of what all we do for the server and are at least okay at making us feel appreciated, this is just some lurker getting buttmad over how we run things and thinking that talking down to us will show how right they are.
Like, if I'm going to be a rude cunt to a moderator I at least don't expect them to actually listen to anything I say.

Our hero, Brotherman Bill

And more big metal bawkses.

(11-22-2016, 01:02 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]Our hero, Brotherman Bill

And more big metal bawkses.

BTR best Armored Personnel Carrier
my tiny two-planet empire in stellaris was attempted to be taken over by mushrooms

good luck, i'm behind 7 orbital defense stations with all the longest range weapons
couldn't touch either of my planets

then i pushed ship size increasing techs and launched a counter attack
biggest ships with the biggest guns and toughest shields
my ships could just sit outside their range and obliterate all their ships and stations
then i proceeded to bomb the shit out 6 of their 7 planets and they had basically no military power left when they surrendered
how fitting for the game to auto-name my ships as 'revenge' class battleships

i can see why the avali like railguns
now to get even bigger ones

and ofcourse i was blasting some C&C music
it's the best fitting music for decimating large quantities of opposition
Good ol' C&C music, it really does fit mass destruction.
so many things I could talk about on the topics I mised. Repeating patterns, how people like to project...

But, i've missed those so on to more pleasant topics. I'll link this again.

http://www.frankklepacki.com/

if you like his music, use his site for the highest quality available outside owning the MCDs.