Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-09-2017, 05:01 PM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]Snip

now that's a nicely fleshed out reference of your former thought on the creature.

100% Koi dragon thingy, I would keep that as a pet if I could since it's pretty cute.
Unless it's around our level of smart.
(03-09-2017, 09:46 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]

now that's a nicely fleshed out reference of your former thought on the creature.
Gotta look up more koi patterns for variances
(03-10-2017, 12:13 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]

100% Koi dragon thingy, I would keep that as a pet if I could since it's pretty cute.

I'd say they're a bit more intelligent than cats, with more advanced problem solving skills, but not quite at our level
(03-10-2017, 08:28 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]Reks
(03-10-2017, 12:13 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]100% Koi dragon thingy, I would keep that as a pet if I could since it's pretty cute.

I'd say they're a bit more intelligent than cats, with more advanced problem solving skills, but not quite at our level
I don't know if you've really thought about it but how does one keep them as a pet and what do they eat?
MOON LORD SPACE CTHULU! YOU HAVE BEEN DEFEATED!
yeebuz, took like 5 tries
combined with the fact that you have to fight another boss prior to it + the lunar event, it took some time
sure makes it feel like a fucking final boss though
wings are fun, game is good, expanding fire dong is OP

now to farm the final boss and make all the super OP stuff
(03-10-2017, 08:40 PM)comet1337 Wrote: [ -> ]MOON LORD SPACE CTHULU! YOU HAVE BEEN DEFEATED!
yeebuz, took like 5 tries
combined with the fact that you have to fight another boss prior to it + the lunar event, it took some time
sure makes it feel like a fucking final boss though
wings are fun, game is good, expanding fire dong is OP

now to farm the final boss and make all the super OP stuff
Now do it in expert mode!

I'm feeling like I want to recommend some games so I will

Amoebattle  is an rts as far as I know is a dsi ware game about amoeba. What I like about it is that instead of building a base when your amoeba get enough food they came split and at any time mutate into a new kind of amoeba. They get food by their type carnivores get it from attacking enemies and herbivores from eating algae and omnivores both. The rts is short but gets difficult fast with new amoebas almost every level.

Dungeonwarfare is a tower defense game that has a very high emphasis on placing traps strategically. For eexample you can place a trap that temporarily stops enemies and one that launches the enemies into pits for a nice combo. I don't know how to say more abouthan it other than check it out its on steam and has a workshop for maps made by the community.
Visited family for several days.
that's a pretty concise and neutral statement
(03-13-2017, 12:03 AM)comet1337 Wrote: [ -> ]that's a pretty concise and neutral statement.
What else would he say?
went well? went bad? had fun? met someone who he hasn't met in a while?
'if i die, please tell my family i said hi'
(03-13-2017, 01:15 PM)comet1337 Wrote: [ -> ]went well? went bad? had fun? met someone who he hasn't met in a while?
'if i die, please tell my family i said hi'

That however would assume you cared more which would be pandering for attention.  And no better than going on to a forum with random folks and saying things like "My life is so horrible, i've had to survive for the last fourth months on only 70$."

If you wanted me to provide more information, you'd ask directly, letting you springboard off the opening I made with said question.  But, though it might sound a bit strong a word, there isn't really an alternative.  You simply complained instead. 

Simply ask.  At worst I'll refuse to provide more details than already provided yeah? Too self aware to assume everybody cares.
(03-13-2017, 07:21 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Snip
"My life is so horrible, i've had to survive for the last fourth months on only 70$." Snip

Is this in reference to something.
I'm curious because this seems a little bit more than just a random event.

Much later EDIT: for some reason I always find myself drawn into darksouls 2 scholar of the first sin yet I always give up at heide's tower of flame where I cannot deal with the large enemies. Also there's an annoying AI invader in a small area in the castle place who I can't beat. Yet I always come back to stop there. I so much want get farther yet don't have the will/patience to do so.

If you don't care that's okay I just want to see if this sparks conversation I've lost my muscle memory on what is a good post.
I'm back again!
Next best thing to avali? Rito
[Image: tumblr_ohn03aqrTd1r3ys5fo1_500.png]
(03-14-2017, 11:41 AM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]I'm back again!

1. What is that from?

2. Hi I don't believe we've met I'm a returning user from before you were here or at least I think so, I don't remember you there unless you were one of those ninjas, who hide in forums invisible.
Corosar doodle.

[Image: unknown.png]

(03-14-2017, 04:20 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2017, 11:41 AM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]I'm back again!

1. What is that from?

2. Hi I don't believe we've met I'm a returning user from before you were here or at least I think so, I don't remember you there unless you were one of those ninjas, who hide in forums invisible.

Breath of the Wild.
(03-13-2017, 10:05 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2017, 07:21 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Snip
"My life is so horrible, i've had to survive for the last fourth months on only 70$." Snip

Is this in reference to something.

Much later EDIT: for some reason I always find myself drawn into darksouls 2 scholar of the first sin yet I always give up at heide's tower of flame where I cannot deal with the large enemies. Also there's an annoying AI invader in a small area in the castle place who I can't beat. Yet I always come back to stop there. I so much want get farther yet don't have the will/patience to do so.

If you don't care that's okay I just want to see if this sparks conversation I've lost my muscle memory on what is a good post.

Simply something I've had to go through, and spoke not a word of it online until now, years after.  People i've known for about ten years still don't know about it IRL, so.  I'm not big on bringing up what I don't feel needs to be.  Telling people about my personal life beyond why i'm gone being relatively pointless, as it wouldn't really help anybody.

Tried dark souls and Dark Souls 2.  Got bored because it was too easy and repetitively slow with little actual control of the character.  Making every character feel stiffer than a minecraft avatar no matter how many points in anything you have.  I do not enjoy the series.  I can't dance like I usually do in fights, characters were too unresponsive, animations too drawn out and canned.  Slow, boring, uninspiring combat even against bosses.  Not a game for me.
(03-14-2017, 06:00 PM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2017, 04:20 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]1. What is that from?

Breath of the Wild.

Oh. Please say no more I plan to buy a Nintendo switch and breath of the wild for Christmas and would like to be mostly spoiler free beyond the beginning of the game.
(03-14-2017, 07:54 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2017, 10:05 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this in reference to something.

Snip

Tried dark souls and Dark Souls 2.  Got bored because it was too easy and repetitively slow with little actual control of the character.  Making every character feel stiffer than a minecraft avatar no matter how many points in anything you have.  I do not enjoy the series.  I can't dance like I usually do in fights, characters were too unresponsive, animations too drawn out and canned.  Slow, boring, uninspiring combat even against bosses.  Not a game for me.
Really? Wow that's like the complete opposite of what I feel about it right now. Everything, everything you said. I'm actually really liking dark souls 2 SotFS it's just frustrating for me sometimes. I do feel like I would like dark souls 3 the best. But wow, our options are polar opposites at this point.
(03-14-2017, 08:26 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2017, 06:00 PM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]Breath of the Wild.

Oh. Please say no more I plan to buy a Nintendo switch and breath of the wild for Christmas and would like to be mostly spoiler free beyond the beginning of the game.

(03-14-2017, 07:54 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Snip

Really? Wow that's like the complete opposite of what I feel about it right now. Everything, everything you said. I'm actually really liking dark souls 2 SotFS it's just frustrating for me sometimes. I do feel like I would like dark souls 3 the best. But wow, our options are polar opposites at this point.

There are no opposites.  Simply differing ones.  I like my games to do a specific thing well, and dark souls didn't really seem to excel in any one area enough for me to enjoy it.  Call of juarez for fast action that nearly never stops, aquaria and numerous other games to relax to.  Planetside/TF2, chivilry: MW, or starcraft II if I want to outright practice something for a while.  Every game I like tends to excel in one specific thing or another, even if it fails in other areas. Dark souls didn't excell in anything, it's a bit more of a broad experience with a lot of smaller shortcomings, all of which, unfortunately for me, are direct no-gos for me individual, let alone together.  Feel free to enjoy it as much as you like though.
I'm a big fan of all the Souls games. The complexity and difficulty of the tougher areas and bosses make it for me. Having to think and plan out what to do with your weaponry and estus while keeping yourself on your toes to avoid damage. I used to love PvP too, but it started to feel repetitive.
I can definitely see the feeling of slowness though, it'll nag at me from time to time too.
Hmmm. I don't really feel slow in dark souls yet I don't play enough games like it to get a feeling of fast or slow...
Don't have much to say about dark souls though since I'm haven't played it enough to strike much more than this in a conversation. I beat the tower of flame area though so yay I guess. Not that anybody would care.
Now I am curious what everyone's favorite game is.