Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-18-2016, 08:55 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]And people wonder why moderators often get a reputation for being abusive.

The stupid things they have to deal with on a regular basis, banning people is a necessary release of frustration.

No way man, I won't hand out bans when I know I'm in a bad mood. Clouds my judgement.
Plus I casually abuse people in inconsequential ways all the time so I can get salty at the server in general and it's all just part of my usual routine.
"Shooting the Shit" With friends is one of my favorite things to do, everyone needs a close circle of friends to chat with to release stress.
Surge might like this anime. Aldnoah Zero.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldnoah.Zero

Earth mecha vs much more technically advanced Martian mecha
(11-19-2016, 05:32 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Surge might like this anime. Aldnoah Zero.

No.
(11-19-2016, 05:32 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Surge might like this anime. Aldnoah Zero.

Surge never like anime, not even the least weeboo stuff

I know i enjoyed it.

I think TV Tropes sums it up best:
"The premise of the series is basically every Real Robot action series... with the roles reversed. Picture a Zaku going up against Mazinger Z, only the villains are in the physics-defying, One-Man Army Super Robot, while the heroes are in outdated, Red Shirt Army Mecha Mooks."

They had a good thing going for like 3 episodes then they fucked it up royally.

And then there is the atrocity that was season 2. I didn't know it was possible to ruin something so badly. Seriously why did the writers make every character to compelled to act like absolute retards in every possible situation?
(11-19-2016, 08:41 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2016, 05:32 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]*Aldnoah Zero*

And then there is the atrocity that was season 2. I didn't know it was possible to ruin something so badly. Seriously why did the writers make every character to compelled to act like absolute retards in every possible situation?

Care to elaborate?
Red Alert 2 (and some of the eariler C&C games) have WAY too good soundtracks for just strategy games
then again, blasting Grinder while rolling a tidalwave of destruction over your enemies sure is something
(11-19-2016, 08:41 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't see it. I'm up to episode 8 at the moment and its still intense. The politics are getting sticky though, as they would in that sort of situation.

Traitors in the ranks are never fun to clean up.
(11-19-2016, 04:41 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2016, 08:41 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]They had a good thing going for like 3 episodes then they fucked it up royally.

I don't see it. I'm up to episode 8 at the moment and its still intense. The politics are getting sticky though, as they would in that sort of situation.

And the ringleader of the traitors in this case is high ranking, respected beyond reproach by both his peers and his own men, and had 15 years to lay his plans and weave a vast web of conspirators and patsies throughout the ranks.

Once the war started, there was no easy way to stop it, and the only people who held all the pieces of the puzzle where either traitors, died soon after figuring it out, or where in no position to put what they knew to effective use.

Its also worth remembering that what may seem irrational to us, can be perfectly rational  (and unavoidable) to someone else; its easy to forget that as part of the audience we are privy to information that many of the characters are completely in the dark about.
(11-19-2016, 06:11 PM)Tanis Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2016, 04:41 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see it. I'm up to episode 8 at the moment and its still intense. The politics are getting sticky though, as they would in that sort of situation.

And the ringleader of the traitors in this case is high ranking, respected beyond reproach by both his peers and his own men, and had 15 years to lay his plans and weave a vast web of conspirators and patsies throughout the ranks.

Once the war started, there was no easy way to stop it, and the only people who held all the pieces of the puzzle where either traitors, died soon after figuring it out, or where in no position to put what they knew to effective use.

Its also worth remembering that what may seem irrational to us, can be perfectly rational  (and unavoidable) to someone else; its easy to forget that as part of the audience we are privy to information that many of the characters are completely in the dark about.

Funny thing, from what I've seen so far this is exactly how real world politics works.

They didn't just make an awesome giant robots explosionfest, they actually managed to encode in political interactions, how easy it is to manipulate public opinion, and even some character depth in explaining why each piece of the puzzle acts the way it does.

Just finished episode 12. Okay now I see where you might have issues, things happen in episode 12 that seem like they should have been the end of it.

Edit: Found the problem.

Aldnoah Zero has a strong parallel to Code Geass, that becomes painfully obvious by Episode 14.
oh cool, activity at the other place
fuckin finally
now just need for supreme overlord to make a post and we're set
Discord servers can be extremely hectic and may cause insanity.

When in doubt step back a bit.
Is there an Avali discord server?
(11-20-2016, 02:53 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an Avali discord server?
Not at liberty to say either way.
There is, but we don't talk about it here.

We also don't talk about the Avali skype group.

Both of them are splinter communities of misfits that for some reason pretty much hate one another even though they all share the same basic group of people.
(11-20-2016, 03:24 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]There is, but we don't talk about it here.

We also don't talk about the Avali skype group.

Both of them are splinter communities of misfits that for some reason pretty much hate one another even though they all share the same basic group of people.
The discord isn't hateful, or wasn't originally until a select group of people showed.

It has MUCH more activity and members than here, rather chaotic if anything.
Y-yeah, that s-skype group is nothin' but a b-buncha m-m-meanies! Am I right?

Totally not one of them! I wouldn't wanna hang with such lamoes!

hastily readjusts spy mask
Grumble grumble