Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-30-2017, 04:30 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Males are more colorful,and the feather patterns differ
Whooooo i am very colorful i think

But whats the female pattern i know the male cuz its the same pattern as me.

EDIT: BUT SERIOUSLY WHAT IS THE PATTERN DIFFERENCE 

EDIT 2: I KNOW ONE OF YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

Seriously no one?
(06-30-2017, 04:34 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2017, 04:30 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Males are more colorful,and the feather patterns differ
Whooooo i am very colorful i think

But whats the female pattern i know the male cuz its the same pattern as me.

EDIT: BUT SERIOUSLY WHAT IS THE PATTERN DIFFERENCE 

EDIT 2: I KNOW ONE OF YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

Seriously no one?

Insofar as what Ryuu has released - Starbound sprites limited what he could do with patterns

But males in general have bright colors and iridescent bands, similar but not limited to how they are in SB.

Females are mostly less saturated colors, and tend to be flecked/dappled/splotched instead

But mutations exist, as does personal preference and feather dyes.
Happy founding week of America folks.  If I wouldn't get in trouble and had everybody on steam I'd buy random folks on steam small games as if to buy a round of beers and preferred drinks for those that don't touch alchy.
(07-05-2017, 09:36 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Happy founding week of America folks.  If I wouldn't get in trouble and had everybody on steam I'd buy random folks on steam small games as if to buy a round of beers and preferred drinks for those that don't touch alchy.

Happy 4th of july even though its the 5th. Well it's the thought that counts, i guess? I've had a good week so far. Gotta watch fireworks on the beach yesterday.
(07-06-2017, 12:34 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2017, 09:36 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Happy founding week of America folks.  If I wouldn't get in trouble and had everybody on steam I'd buy random folks on steam small games as if to buy a round of beers and preferred drinks for those that don't touch alchy.

Happy 4th of july even though its the 5th. Well it's the thought that counts, i guess? I've had a good week so far. Gotta watch fireworks on the beach yesterday.

My fourth of july was on the second.  It's where I got my third degree fuse burn.  Fricking thing whipped up moment I lit it and stuck there like it was meant to be.  Didn't hurt but it's a right uggly looking thing.
(07-06-2017, 09:15 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2017, 12:34 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Happy 4th of july even though its the 5th. Well it's the thought that counts, i guess? I've had a good week so far. Gotta watch fireworks on the beach yesterday.

My fourth of july was on the second.  It's where I got my third degree fuse burn.  Fricking thing whipped up moment I lit it and stuck there like it was meant to be.  Didn't hurt but it's a right uggly looking thing.
How does that work? I mean i believe you but what kind of fuse sticks to you while lit? 

Also follow up question based on your previous post do you drink alcohol? I'm midly curious.
(07-06-2017, 04:54 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2017, 09:15 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]My fourth of july was on the second.  It's where I got my third degree fuse burn.  Fricking thing whipped up moment I lit it and stuck there like it was meant to be.  Didn't hurt but it's a right uggly looking thing.
How does that work? I mean i believe you but what kind of fuse sticks to you while lit? 

Also follow up question based on your previous post do you drink alcohol? I'm mildly curious.

I do not use any social or medical drugs and am hesitant to use even minor painkillers.

The type of fuse that sticks to your molten flesh that it burned into.  That kind.

And a quick note.  Have you ever seen a looped fuse?  Knotted into a bunch of small rings.  The fuse once it's small enough (once it's mass is reduced to lower than it's release of energy as physical force) will start flying about from the many small detonations of it's fuel.  It is more like a propellant based engine fuel stick than a controlled burning piece of wood.  That means it spits a flame once lit; spits, not holds.  Like a tiny jet engine with no ducting.  As you can imagine this flame is not low in temperature, even as small as it is.
(07-06-2017, 09:15 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2017, 12:34 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Happy 4th of july even though its the 5th. Well it's the thought that counts, i guess? I've had a good week so far. Gotta watch fireworks on the beach yesterday.

I've been burned enough (once like you explained, some years ago) to have long since accepted: fireworks are cool, but I'm not interested in lighting them myself anymore.
(07-07-2017, 01:56 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2017, 09:15 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]My fourth of july was on the second.  It's where I got my third degree fuse burn.  Fricking thing whipped up moment I lit it and stuck there like it was meant to be.  Didn't hurt but it's a right uggly looking thing.

I've been burned enough (once like you explained, some years ago) to have long since accepted: fireworks are cool, but I'm not interested in lighting them myself anymore.

I prefer electric remote ignition. That way it can be ignited and viewed from a safe and enjoyable distance. Besides, it makes it trivial to choreograph the show just for extra amusement and budget-padding reasons
(07-07-2017, 02:16 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2017, 01:56 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]I've been burned enough (once like you explained, some years ago) to have long since accepted: fireworks are cool, but I'm not interested in lighting them myself anymore.

I prefer electric remote ignition. That way it can be ignited and viewed from a safe and enjoyable distance. Besides, it makes it trivial to choreograph the show just for extra amusement and budget-padding reasons
Well we aren't no professional. So its not like we can get soma'dat stuff. At least it ain't bein' sold down where i live.
(07-07-2017, 03:10 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2017, 02:16 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer electric remote ignition. That way it can be ignited and viewed from a safe and enjoyable distance. Besides, it makes it trivial to choreograph the show just for extra amusement and budget-padding reasons
Well we aren't no professional. So its not like we can get soma'dat stuff. At least it ain't bein' sold down where i live.

Model rocket igniters do the job.

Use a lantern battery for power.

The rest is just a roll of wire and common buttons, or whatever electronics suit the task for synchronization.
(07-07-2017, 03:23 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2017, 03:10 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Well we aren't no professional. So its not like we can get soma'dat stuff. At least it ain't bein' sold down where i live.

Model rocket igniters do the job.

Use a lantern battery for power.

The rest is just a roll of wire and common buttons, or whatever electronics suit the task for synchronization.
Well if i could do that i would. But i think I'll stick to a grill lighter, or whatever a punk stick is. We dont even use the fancy fireworks just the ones that stay on the ground. We go an watch the ones that go up.
Wait how many avali places are around? I know this one even though it doesn't really count, theres some avalon thing discord and i assume somewhere on chucklefish. Also out on the wild where I've found 2, or well used to be 2.

FUCK YES I FOUND IT!!!
[Image: DviSMuP_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f...elity=high]
I've technically dealt with all the electronics side of things before.  So I can do that.  But I keep my access to explosives limited.  I'm not exactly the most trustworthy with them.
(07-08-2017, 03:28 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]FUCK YES I FOUND IT!!!
[Image: DviSMuP_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f...elity=high]

Gotta love the shop keeper.
Shame that shardis left...
(07-08-2017, 03:26 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2017, 03:28 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]FUCK YES I FOUND IT!!!
Snip

Gotta love the shop keeper.
Shame that shardis left...
Shaddaris (sorry if name wrong) was the best shop keeper in any form.
*drives a tank through the wall instead
[Image: tumblr_messaging_osv2riEAM21ske19p_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_messaging_osv2rrb0l11ske19p_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_messaging_osv2rywSaL1ske19p_1280.jpg]
I should draw Null on a tux sometime
(07-10-2017, 07:51 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]*drives a tank through the wall instead
Snip
I should draw Null on a tux sometime

So wait who is in the pictures besides null?