Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-25-2016, 12:43 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]The original Avali mod is still the top mod, but is outdated.
what.
It's because it was so insanely popular when it wasn't outdated that it's taking ages for any other mod to catch up and take the spot.

(07-25-2016, 01:07 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Since the 1.0 for Starbound is finally out, perhaps we finally could get some people together to update the Avali mod one more time to support the new version.
That would be Avali Triage, which is in fact the second top mod. Already exists (has for ages) and is being worked on to support 1.0. In fact, already has basic compatability out.

(07-25-2016, 04:06 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]You've got no room to complain marx.
Haven't we been over this already? There was a whole thread split about it, which is in fact, unfortunately, still plastered on what is just about the front page of the site. The conclusion was Rahizel isn't Marx.
(07-25-2016, 07:40 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2016, 12:43 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]The original Avali mod is still the top mod, but is outdated.
what.
It's because it was so insanely popular when it wasn't outdated that it's taking ages for any other mod to catch up and take the spot.

(07-25-2016, 01:07 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Since the 1.0 for Starbound is finally out, perhaps we finally could get some people together to update the Avali mod one more time to support the new version.
That would be Avali Triage, which is in fact the second top mod. Already exists (has for ages) and is being worked on to support 1.0. In fact, already has basic compatability out.

(07-25-2016, 04:06 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]You've got no room to complain marx.
Haven't we been over this already? There was a whole thread split about it, which is in fact, unfortunately, still plastered on what is just about the front page of the site. The conclusion was Rahizel isn't Marx.

I also talk to Marx and he did jokingly said that Rahizel is a synth of him

Also we're recruiting? I did kinda wanna signal boost this place to my very miniscule tumblr followers I really dont expect much but atleast make a will be missed but official announcement.
(07-25-2016, 07:43 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2016, 07:40 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]It's because it was so insanely popular when it wasn't outdated that it's taking ages for any other mod to catch up and take the spot.

I also talk to Marx and he did jokingly said that Rahizel is a synth of him

Also we're recruiting? I did kinda wanna signal boost this place to my very miniscule tumblr followers I really dont expect much but atleast make a will be missed but official announcement.
Funny I talked to him on steam about it and he said that rahizel is him and he was just gonna do him and see how that played out. I agreed to keep quiet about it because I also wanted to see how it played out but it's just been pissing me off how he hasn't changed even a little bit.
(07-25-2016, 07:52 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2016, 07:43 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]I also talk to Marx and he did jokingly said that Rahizel is a synth of him

Funny I talked to him on steam about it and he said that rahizel is him and he was just gonna do him and see how that played out. I agreed to keep quiet about it because I also wanted to see how it played out but it's just been pissing me off how he hasn't changed even a little bit.

Surge, you're making a loophole in my logic process, someone please explain precisely before I found some otherway to end this my logic loophole
(07-25-2016, 07:55 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2016, 07:52 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Funny I talked to him on steam about it and he said that rahizel is him and he was just gonna do him and see how that played out. I agreed to keep quiet about it because I also wanted to see how it played out but it's just been pissing me off how he hasn't changed even a little bit.

Surge, you're making a loophole in my logic process, someone please explain precisely before I found some otherway to end this my logic loophole
He's lying to one of us. I don't have the steam logs and my days of witch hunting are over but there you go. Take my word for it or don't, I'm not carrying this any further.
(07-25-2016, 07:55 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2016, 07:52 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Funny I talked to him on steam about it and he said that rahizel is him and he was just gonna do him and see how that played out. I agreed to keep quiet about it because I also wanted to see how it played out but it's just been pissing me off how he hasn't changed even a little bit.

During the thread split, Odin compared IPs and Rahizel shares none of the same IPs with Marx.
He checked for evidence a ban-dodge had taken place.
Considering Rahizel is still here, that means there is probably not enough evidence to conclude that Rahi is in fact Marx trying to ban-dodge.
Conclusion: Even if Rahizel is Marxon, we shouldn't assume he is, because there isn't enough concrete evidence that he is other than conflicting statements told to different people. It's very likely he was joking with both of you specifically because of the "paranoia" about him and Rahi being the same.

How, how about we actually drop this once and for all, yeah?
(07-25-2016, 08:00 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2016, 07:55 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]Surge, you're making a loophole in my logic process, someone please explain precisely before I found some otherway to end this my logic loophole

During the thread split, Odin compared IPs and Rahizel shares none of the same IPs with Marx.
He checked for evidence a ban-dodge had taken place.
Considering Rahizel is still here, that means there is probably not enough evidence to conclude that Rahi is in fact Marx trying to ban-dodge.
Conclusion: Even if Rahizel is Marxon, we shouldn't assume he is, because there isn't enough concrete evidence that he is other than conflicting statements told to different people. It's very likely he was joking with both of you specifically because of the "paranoia" about him and Rahi being the same.

How, how about we actually drop this once and for all, yeah?

I recommend droping my part by smashing my head into a concrete brick that was my pillow and get to sleep(4am here, shaad still beat me at this)
This all reminds me of

PARKITECT.
[Image: f310d6449e60cf9791ca40b4b70769b8.jpg]
This is a game I've wanted to play around with for awhile, for those unaware I grew up with the original 2 rollercoaster tycoons and so planet coaster/parkitect have excited me very much, and I finally got my hands one one of them. Parkitect is an isometric theme park management game grasping desperately for the golden days of RCT2 while putting forth a token effort to be modern. Everything is very similar to the way it was back in the RCT2 days while also improving upon features by allowing you to delete things through transparent objects instead of deleting the object itself, and adding a very exhaustive angle tool for rollercoasters, which means your mile high lift hill can slowly do barrel rolls as it climbs into a vertical, upside down drop that kills all the elderly passengers instantly and the younger ones later when it runs off the track into a crowd you bastard. Although currently in public alpha Parkitect is remarkably reminiscent of the baseline RCT2 experience, everything feels to be in place as it was but sleeker and more modern now, guests now babble idly in simlish, the UI actually endeavors to tell you about your gross profit without having to dig for it, and rides that only partially go underground or go wholly underwater automatically get tunnels to resolve issues of clipping and logic. Some things have changed for better or worse though, staff now tire of endlessly wandering and serving your park and require a break room, concession stands must be manually stocked by new "hauler" employees, hat stands now sell comically massive sombreros, but most importantly parkitect has full steam workshop support, and I do mean full, so as you play you can tab out, subscribe to premade structures and rides on the workshop, and come back to find them already installed and ready to use. Being alpha the game has some quirks of course, there is no actual mechanic to stop you spending money once you go into debt, allowing you to make "United States of America, the theme park" by building as many rollercoasters as possible and hiring no mechanics in a meager few minutes, and parks frankly feel cramped when they are anything other than flat and empty. All said though, Parkitect's alpha is a modestly priced dose of nostalgia that lets you keep your rose colored glasses on and still remember the REAL classics fondly, and with any luck the release version will be the sequel that RCT2 has always deserved.
I don't know what there is to even say about Beam.NG Drive, it's a sandbox game with cars, modding, and soft body physics, in fact this image probably sums it up far better than any review.
[Image: 3ddbbe766c3399b59671e7e36afe3759.jpg]
(07-25-2016, 04:18 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2016, 04:12 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]That was sarcasm? yes it needs work, and frankly if that's the only excuse you've got I don't see any way to continue this line of discussion.
Then let's not.

Let's not be nasty at eachother for the sake of being nasty. Let's act like we've got sense in our heads.

Would you rather talk about the new overwatch hero Ada?

I'd rather talk about the new hero Ana...
Have you ever played an RTS and thought "you know what this needs more of? transforming robot dinosaurs armed with far more guns than is reasonable"
Then I might have a game for you.
[Image: bozUiJc.jpg]
This is Warshift, one of the latest strange wax mannequin engrish-laden early access games to hit steam. However unlike most games that sit in that awkward mobile gaming-esque uncanny valley between actual quality and games held back by technology Warshift is actually a pretty cool idea, being that it's a hybrid of a MOBA and an RTS, you start the game out with a customizable "avatar" unit that you can make more and more silly and deadly as the match progresses and you use it to claim territory where you can then build a basic array of structures, barracks, factories, turrets, so on and so forth. Once you've had your fill of Warshift's crude base building you will come to a crossroads, you can either remain in the strategic view and treat your avatar as yet another unit, manually building armies and leading them around the map, or you can set your factories to AI control, where they will steadily build units and send them to their doom in moderately efficient groups while you fly around in your robo-raptor. If you decide to go the RTS route and end up NOT making a terrifying micro monster of an avatar as a result, the game is still prepared to let you end the match in a decisive manner by building a battleship, a huge flying doomboat of guns and missiles that should be roughly equivalent to a good avatar, albeit with less teeth.
In its current state Warshift is decent at best and C-movie levels of janky at worst, but despite having a thick coat of the "good enough" kind of mobile gaming "polish" Warshift has a few bits of content locked under a teasing "coming soon" that implies it might get a REAL translator for the computer voice lines some day.

(07-26-2016, 02:27 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2016, 04:18 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Then let's not.

Let's not be nasty at eachother for the sake of being nasty. Let's act like we've got sense in our heads.

Would you rather talk about the new overwatch hero Ada?

I'd rather talk about the new hero Ana...
Ana is, ironically, perhaps the most support support character ever. Imo she is at her best in a 2 support lineup, as most teams will find her small fits of infrequent healing somewhat...insufficient as opposed to a mercy or lucio, but even then her seamless transition from healing to damage and assorted other abilities make her a valuable addition to any team that already has a more dedicated healer.
(07-26-2016, 03:07 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-26-2016, 02:27 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd rather talk about the new hero Ana...
Ana is, ironically, perhaps the most support support character ever. Imo she is at her best in a 2 support lineup, as most teams will find her small fits of infrequent healing somewhat...insufficient as opposed to a mercy or lucio, but even then her seamless transition from healing to damage and assorted other abilities make her a valuable addition to any team that already has a more dedicated healer.

So, basically inhabits the same position as Zinyatta.  Cool.

Second part of this post coming in a bit.
(07-26-2016, 12:43 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]PARKITECT.
-rollercoasters and death and stuff-

(07-26-2016, 01:53 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what there is to even say about Beam.NG Drive, it's a sandbox game with cars, modding, and soft body physics, in fact this image probably sums it up far better than any review.
-car-

As per usual, very entertaining review... and... image. I always hear people speak of the wonders of the Rollercoaster Tycoon games but haven't played them myself.
That said, it's nice to see some people can modernize games of this style well. If I recall correctly, many of the attempts at remaking Sim City have flopped more than a floppy-disk-shaped flapjack being flipped.

Might reccommend more than 0 paragraph breaks next time though. Made your earlier reviews much nicer to read.

EDIT: Ninja'd before I even posted by MOAR REVIEW!
(07-26-2016, 03:07 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Have you ever played an RTS and thought "you know what this needs more of? transforming robot dinosaurs armed with far more guns than is reasonable"
Then I might have a game for you.
Snip

Keeping up the image at the beginning. Nice. Keeping up the lack of paragraphs. Not so nice.
This actually sounds very neat despite the flaws. I've kind of always wanted an RTS where you can directly control one or more units on their own. From the sounds of it though the two modes are strongly seperated, and you can't, for example, walk (or drive) up to a barrack-type building in avatar mode and ask for units to be made and then command them to follow you around and give orders on the fly without switching back to RTS mode temporarily...

---

Hm. Now that I think of it, something like that'd be kind of a cool MMO concept. Huge open swaths of land and an active world of NPC characters and places, people go and build their empires in 3rd person but can switch to a "hand of god" top-down layout for commanding troops from a distance and ease of building. Make and break alliances, trade, command your troops while leading them into combat yourself. The only way you can lose is by surrendering or by having every trace of your city wiped off the map. All your inhabitants leave? Still a city. Ghost city, yes, but you are still its proud king. All your army wiped out and your citizens dying? Choose between total annihilation or surrendering and hoping that the enemy lets you continue running your city under their empire's name. Lose everything? Go stake up a new claim elsewhere, or infiltrate the enemy's city and try to sabotage it while they aren't looking.

Maybe even have the building be more detailed... Hell, make the building be like Medieval Engineers, structural integrity and all that but maybe to a lesser extent. Make it more interesting and on 3 planes rather than 2. Want your whole city-state to be a huge vertical fortress tower? Sure! Want it to be half-underground? Go ahead! Labyrinth? Why not? Your city recieves battle damage over time that can't be instantly replaced - you have to get worker units to fix it, or board it up yourself as a temporary measure if you're expecting another attack soon. If someone quits or loses, their stuff doesn't just vanish. Find someone else's ruined, abandoned city? Claim it for yourself, fix up the ruins, and make it your own. Or keep the ruins as a historical landmark.

Maybe recruit AI commanders to run your empire while you're offline... Take a month long break, expecting to come back to your city-state integrated into someone else's empire, and find that your AI commander has become a figure of legend on the game forums because he's conqured like 20 other cities and built an empire in your name, while simultaneously making your empire the most hated thing in the land and you have to come back and figure out a way to save this, or perhaps just leave it to him and go make a new empire far, far away.
Quote:As per usual, very entertaining review... and... image. I always hear people speak of the wonders of the Rollercoaster Tycoon games but haven't played them myself.

That said, it's nice to see some people can modernize games of this style well. If I recall correctly, many of the attempts at remaking Sim City have flopped more than a floppy-disk-shaped flapjack being flipped.

Rollercoaster Tycoon is, in all honesty, not that great of a game by modern standards, it's just a very unique and relaxing experience, even when the game pressures you it's hard to get frustrated because the game is literally all about fun and it presents itself so casually. It's like a simcity game except the goal is to let your creativity run wild and make a theme park rather than let your inner engineer build a city, and the cost of failure is quiet bankruptcy instead of fires and rampant crime. If you wanna play the original RCT2 it's really cheap on GOG and steam, you can also get OpenRCT2 which is a community driven modernization of the game engine.

Quote:Might reccommend more than 0 paragraph breaks next time though. Made your earlier reviews much nicer to read.

Duly noted, paragraph structure was never a strong suit of mine.

Quote:This actually sounds very neat despite the flaws. I've kind of always wanted an RTS where you can directly control one or more units on their own. From the sounds of it though the two modes are strongly seperated, and you can't, for example, walk (or drive) up to a barrack-type building in avatar mode and ask for units to be made and then command them to follow you around and give orders on the fly without switching back to RTS mode temporarily...
It honestly is indeed very neat, I think it has a lot of very legitimate promise if the dev is willing to give it another polish pass, and as for controlling units while in Avatar mode you can do that in Battlezone 98 Redux (and the original Battlezone) and honestly it's a hotkey nightmare, but there's no real way to blend T/FPS with RTS without one or the other suffering, and keeping them strictly separate as Warshift has may be for the best.
(07-25-2016, 09:22 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2016, 02:07 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]When using such a weapon there is no fight, either you go down instantly, or your target does.  Such AMRs are pointless in roles of actual sniper support and/or scout-support.  You have to know your target is there, and you have to already be ready.  It's the weapon of an assassin.  There are far better choices of platform to be used as an actual rifle would.

Fighting is pointless.

Just playing along.

It's not for people that's why it's called an anti materiel rifle. Also that presumes a lot about my picture (such as that it even is an AMR let alone what kind of combat is happening or the context -  none of which is defined) 

Or that is to say you're getting very uppity about information you yourself imposed. 

There is no seriousness with which I speak.  And as such, it is only for the sake of starting conversation that I brought it up.  Don't worry about it. 

AMRs actually are not meant for vehiclular targets, but are meant for increased chance to kill at much longer ranges(Look up effective range:  1.5 miles, 2.414KM), and for firing through appropriate armor or cover to hit targets.  They do not however have the penetration to go through actual armored plates of any meaningful thickness beyond a certain (relatively short) distance. 

So yeah.  They ARE meant for people, more to the point, the "Material" part in their title is referring to heavy body armors.  You don't go for headshots after all at such ranges.  The philosophy behind them is that other marksman rifles, despite everything, lose too much of their power to get through body armors at longer ranges.  (Even light armours often)  And so you need something closer to a cannon to put a round through them at those ranges sufficiently often enough to be reliable.  To take them down beyond extended engagement ranges with a single round.

I know a lot more but, that would probably just irritate you, as I may accidentally seem like I'm trying to call you stupid, and I apologise if that's the case, really sorry.  I do not believe that, and that is not what I was going for, just, innocent conversation.

What of partial hybridization, while driving your vehicle use the somewhat wonky but useful command menu style orders, and then swap to a full quality strategy view. Not so hard as you think.
(07-25-2016, 05:46 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 54347C8578682221F8A4C841F18D982333BB30E7][Image: 955877190D31ECFB2143F5967CDEE383CE4F2AF4]
And so it begins

But did you find the hidden cape and hat in the intro level?
Would you rather:
Ride a small dragon or...

Ride a gryphon of equal size?
(07-26-2016, 03:07 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-26-2016, 02:27 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd rather talk about the new hero Ana...

You seem to have missed the joke here.
read the names again
(07-26-2016, 04:08 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-26-2016, 03:07 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Ana is, ironically, perhaps the most support support character ever. Imo she is at her best in a 2 support lineup, as most teams will find her small fits of infrequent healing somewhat...insufficient as opposed to a mercy or lucio, but even then her seamless transition from healing to damage and assorted other abilities make her a valuable addition to any team that already has a more dedicated healer.

You seem to have missed the joke here.
read the names again
Oh. Seems I did.