Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: tumblr_okj0d8OKxC1vhlqouo1_1280.gif]
I'm not sure what was it, but it was giving diabetes, also everything hurts

okay

(01-29-2017, 06:57 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]

That is true beauty, now all I need is a cover of Hallelujah.
Yup, server owner decided to just go crazy and undermine our rules, then fired me for trying to enforce them anyways.

Guess I have time to hang out on the worldbuilding server now.
Don't you hate it when server owners treat their open public chat server like a personal funhouse rather than the public service business it technically is?

Forums will always beat discord chats for ability to converse with people of different time-zones in groups larger than three people. So i'll probably always stay here. Not going anywhere else after all. heh.
(01-30-2017, 12:20 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Don't you hate it when server owners treat their open public chat server like a personal funhouse rather than the public service business it technically is?

Forums will always beat discord chats for ability to converse with people of different time-zones in groups larger than three people.  So i'll probably always stay here.  Not going anywhere else after all.  heh.

More she just made her job indirectly harder until she was tearing her hair out from stress and she wanted to see the server ruined. I was just doing the job she put me up to of being a voice of reason and trying to hold the server and team together no matter what.

Fuck me right?

I never liked the server itself much anyways, so I'm not terribly bothered considering I was just booted out of something I spent months of my life on.
Sometimes playing peacekeeper or being the voice of reason hurts more than taking a side, because you end up alienating yourself or exhausting yourself batting for every team. I've decided to stay out of positions like that after realizing it isn't worth it.

At least it wasn't one clique vs another, stuff like that can cause the nastiest drama.
(01-30-2017, 12:47 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes playing peacekeeper or being the voice of reason hurts more than taking a side, because you end up alienating yourself or exhausting yourself batting for every team. I've decided to stay out of positions like that after realizing it isn't worth it.

At least it wasn't one clique vs another, stuff like that can cause the nastiest drama.
It helped that I had no direct investment in the community. I came online, I hung out with people as my sanity allowed, and I enforced the rules. There wasn't any reason for me to be there except my administrative duties, which is why I simply left.
I've been offered positions as an admin numerous times,  I've been offered position as moderator i've even been offered a position of leadership (2IC) for a forum cross-genre battle/gaming clan of more than 3600 members.  I've always refused because I do not trust myself in positions of even the slightest bit of power.  It's not that I wouldn't have the time either, I have excess and spend most of it waiting for someone interesting to get online to chat with, or con into gaming with me or what not.  

However.  I've watched forums slowly die, i've watched groups of friends tear each other apart for petty reasons.  I've seen people I enjoyed talking to disappear for reasons unknown before I could get their contact information.  You are lucky you had no connections with the folks in that group.  It makes it easy to leave.

I seem to have an issue getting past the details and then start talking about myself a lot. I apologize, Tryin' to change that partially.

So then.
I wasn't upset about firing me over petty bullshit, I had been expecting it. Having somebody relay "No hard feelings" to me a few hours after I simply cut ties and moved on is moderately infuriating though.
(01-30-2017, 02:55 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't upset about firing me over petty bullshit, I had been expecting it. Having somebody relay "No hard feelings" to me a few hours after I simply cut ties and moved on is moderately infuriating though.

Yeah.  Acting like it was your fault isn't really warranted.  
(01-30-2017, 02:55 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't upset about firing me over petty bullshit, I had been expecting it. Having somebody relay "No hard feelings" to me a few hours after I simply cut ties and moved on is moderately infuriating though.

Her/their loss really and a shallow comment like that clearly had no thought put into it, so it's nothing to think much of.
[Image: tumblr_okbvhzhX7F1sz7q98o2_1280.png]
okay
[Image: tumblr_okl5i63Phl1rhpn4yo1_1280.jpg]
context:
My captain friend sent me this photo. Saudi prince bought ticket for his 80 hawks.
(01-31-2017, 06:19 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ][Image: tumblr_okl5i63Phl1rhpn4yo1_1280.jpg]
context:
My captain friend sent me this photo. Saudi prince bought ticket for his 80 hawks.
what

also hi
and there's one of KC's biannual visits

Today I learned that if you play something catchy in a class full of animating students, you get hilarity that actually kills the power grid.
(02-01-2017, 12:09 AM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2017, 06:19 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]-nyoom-
context:
what

also hi

birds gotta travel first class sometimes
(01-29-2017, 02:08 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I actually hate my life. I was just thinking about how I couldn't make time for another internet community the other day and now I'm about to tell one to go to hell, because it already has.

That's what I get for reflecting on things and saying "I'm in a pretty good spot right now"
I just up and left most of mine and it gave me my life back, but what works for me might not work for you buddy.