Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-14-2016, 03:26 PM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2016, 11:51 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 5a9030e82cdfc5a9954134d46d1778cb.png]
These little blighters are a goldmine of reaction images.

I forgot to say, screw you.
I now have yet ANOTHER webcomic addiction.

[url=<iframe][snip][/url]

There we go, in case we want to start up games night.
[Image: 1Kuukfn.jpg]

nyeh,
[Image: 1ff71a880b9629ac2b0a800a96559c25.png]
"fashion"
(07-14-2016, 05:30 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 1ff71a880b9629ac2b0a800a96559c25.png]
"fashion"
just dont get any black stuff on the paint job
Holy jesus. I just played a TPS in Starcraft 2. It was really impressive for the first minute, all the textures were touched up and the controls were adequate, of course in actual practice it was confusing, barebones, and frankly looked awkward with my character sliding around on the ground while his bullets shoot out going the wrong way.
[Image: Lqvku95.png]
MFW somebody on /r/overwatch recognizes me....from the Starsector forums.
[Image: oHZPlTz.gif]

In case any of you need a fresh new reaction image.
I need to get set up for making anime screenshots again. There were some gold mines I watched recently that have gone untapped.

So my friend sent me this, then later told me it was "weeb music"
Too late. I am beyond redemption.
HI YES I AM HERE.
NOT LATE AT ALL.
Okay yeah I've been gone the whole day despite being at my computer... ''>.> New class in an MMO I play. Whoops.

(07-15-2016, 05:08 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: [ -> ]

So my friend sent me this, then later told me it was "weeb music"
Too late. I am beyond redemption.

Eck. Nightcore. Never could get passed the chipmunk voices.
Also if your friend considers anything of Japanese pop culture origin to be "weeb" then your friend is an idiot.

(07-14-2016, 02:56 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: f027869b561a3d4b4250d622a835f4ed.png]
Am I cool yet? pls?

Wait I just realized that was you. Huh. Nice job. Although I know little of Overwatch or Reddit, I know both the upvotes and the gameplay is impressive.
But you've always been cool.
[Image: wj5XX6j.png]

And a crappy image edit and notification of my lateness posted, I once again slide into the shadows...

[Image: 2A534D69F12EE07DFAE8BCB10054CA706AF04AFD]
[Image: tumblr_oad3wrTpln1uflnsqo2_r1_1280.png]
what's nastier, a 3 round burst of .30cal steel jacketed DU bullet, or a single Rail shot at mach 3-5 of the same bullet
also coming to armored warfare
[Image: 13693044_1815494758679610_4860933533588057092_o.jpg]
fucking invincible if the driver's hatch hasnt fixed yet which it did but still something deadly if the ERA applique is available for this premium
(07-15-2016, 12:17 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]

Ah! I didn't know I wanted CPG to do a video on Brexit until now. And I'm glad he did.
[Image: cVVt35c.gif]
Well, I know it's been a while, but I come to show something beautiful before I disappear again:

Soldier 76 is even better against bastion than widowmaker. Especially with access to his rocket pod and heal beacon.You can kill a bastion in less than a second anywhere within medium range. And at long ranges only takes a few seconds.
(07-16-2016, 04:38 AM)Hetuni Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I know it's been a while, but I come to show something beautiful before I disappear again:

[Image: tumblr_oa024rb33y1uflnsqo1_250.png][Image: tumblr_oa024rb33y1uflnsqo2_250.png]
(07-15-2016, 03:31 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]~snip~
what's nastier, a 3 round burst of .30cal steel jacketed DU bullet, or a single Rail shot at mach 3-5 of the same bullet

Depends on situation and what you're shooting at.  As well as the weapon type, as rounds traveling at such speed will be extremely inaccurate when fired by hand even using vacuume tech thanks to barrel flinching.

Against infantry the three round burst, because at least one round hitting will be a lot better than a single round that effective at piercing missing or hitting.  Plus slower rounds will release more of their physical energy in the target than rounds traveling so quickly.  AND they will cauterise wounds on infantry.  Against a vehicle, you better have it mounted on something so you can shoot more than once rapidly.  There will be no random bodies exploding open.

So in essence.  Unless you're in space and it's mounted on a vehicle, I don't suggest firing one of those.  It's wasteful and ineffective if you aren't plastering them with 'em or don't lobotomize or disable them instantly.

I suggest firing small discs (like coins) if you want the happy medium at such projectile speeds of penetration accuracy and damage.

Of note:  .30 cal rounds travel at an average of mach 1.8 already. (1.781571616670996 times speed of sound, Yes I used a scientific calculator, those are not random numbers.)

Used sources of speed of sound at sea level and averaged round speed at barrel out of 10,000 rounds
(07-16-2016, 05:29 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-15-2016, 03:31 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]~snip~

Depends on situation and what you're shooting at.  As well as the weapon type, as rounds traveling at such speed will be extremely inaccurate when fired by hand even using vacuume tech thanks to barrel flinching.

Against infantry the three round burst, because at least one round hitting will be a lot better than a single round that effective at piercing missing or hitting.  Plus slower rounds will release more of their physical energy in the target than rounds traveling so quickly.  AND they will cauterise wounds on infantry.  Against a vehicle, you better have it mounted on something so you can shoot more than once rapidly.  There will be no random bodies exploding open.

So in essence.  Unless you're in space and it's mounted on a vehicle, I don't suggest firing one of those.  It's wasteful and ineffective if you aren't plastering them with 'em or don't lobotomize or disable them instantly.

I suggest firing small discs (like coins) if you want the happy medium at such projectile speeds of penetration accuracy and damage.
well Null is a mechanian so their grip is as tough as a vehicle mount or atleast a bipod so flinching isnt that much of an issue and yes the weapon has toggleable modes either burst fire without rail acceleration assist and rail with the electromagnetic rail assist so it can be effective against unarmored unit and armored units, although firing discs projectile is useful for a railgun it's highly ineffective if it's just propelled by powder, also the fact that the carbine itself does not contain enough charge to power the electromagnetic rail thus only a drone or power armor unit can use the rail mode of the weapon via wireless power transmission from the palm to the handle of the weapon.