Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-08-2017, 12:39 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2017, 08:45 PM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote: [ -> ]murr newyearsmas, happy christmacca, very good valimas
Oi!

Get your consumerism out.

Yes please.  Christmas this year made me feel ill with how little people cared about family, it was all money money money everywhere in america.
[Image: unknown.png]

A joke on the Discord caused most peeps to wear Kamina shades.

I doodled my own contribution.
(01-09-2017, 06:15 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ][Image: unknown.png]

A joke on the Discord caused most peeps to wear Kamina shades.

I doodled my own contribution.
Discord? Huh.

Well I got lovely news, if you call losing your half sister to cancer lovely...

Worst part is i barely knew her.
Well that was a bit out of left field. Sorry I guess.
(01-09-2017, 12:58 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Well that was a bit out of left field. Sorry I guess.
Just had to get it off my chest I guess, nothing much else to it.
(01-09-2017, 01:15 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2017, 12:58 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Well that was a bit out of left field. Sorry I guess.
Just had to get it off my chest I guess, nothing much else to it.

good you did, otherwise woulda burned ya.  Wish your extended family the best following such a harrowing experience.
(01-09-2017, 10:52 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2017, 01:15 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Just had to get it off my chest I guess, nothing much else to it.

good you did, otherwise woulda burned ya.  Wish your extended family the best following such a harrowing experience.
It was a slow death, cancer untreated does that.
In hindsight I should have spared the horrific details, heheheh.

Heheh...

>~>
Been quiet in here lately. What have people been up to?
(01-11-2017, 01:53 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Been quiet in here lately. What have people been up to?
Finding new friends, and seeing which old ones are still out there.

Having half decent luck, with the former. Staying positive is also a real challenge but I do try.
Admin duties mostly. We picked up 2 new mods and promoted an admin recently so I've been keeping an eye on them. The community as a whole is also in a bit of an awkward transitional state so I gotta keep an eye on them as new users filter in so I can nip problem users and behavior in the bud.

Also lots of World of Warships with my gf.
(01-11-2017, 03:03 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Admin duties mostly. We picked up 2 new mods and promoted an admin recently so I've been keeping an eye on them. The community as a whole is also in a bit of an awkward transitional state so I gotta keep an eye on them as new users filter in so I can nip problem users and behavior in the bud.

How is that game? How bad is microtransaction pushing? Can you play comfortably with little or no money spent?
(01-11-2017, 03:19 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2017, 03:03 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Admin duties mostly. We picked up 2 new mods and promoted an admin recently so I've been keeping an eye on them. The community as a whole is also in a bit of an awkward transitional state so I gotta keep an eye on them as new users filter in so I can nip problem users and behavior in the bud.

How is that game? How bad is microtransaction pushing? Can you play comfortably with little or no money spent?
Exact same model as WoT, but more liberal with giving stuff out via events
(01-11-2017, 03:20 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2017, 03:19 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]How is that game? How bad is microtransaction pushing? Can you play comfortably with little or no money spent?
Exact same model as WoT, but more liberal with giving stuff out via events
Ah so same publisher? Also what model?
I've gotten up to T7 with Japan's battleships and haven't spent a dime. It is a bit of a slow crawl once you hit T6 but it's fun enough to not be a problem, just never go alone unless you're a sneaky destroyer.
(01-11-2017, 03:25 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2017, 03:20 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Exact same model as WoT, but more liberal with giving stuff out via events
Ah so same publisher? Also what model?
Same business model
(01-11-2017, 03:25 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]I've gotten up to T7 with Japan's battleships and haven't spent a dime. It is a bit of a slow crawl once you hit T6 but it's fun enough to not be a problem, just never go alone unless you're a sneaky destroyer.
NEIN. BOW FORWARD. GUTEN TAG RED TEAM.
(01-11-2017, 03:26 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2017, 03:25 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Ah so same publisher? Also what model?
Same business model
(01-11-2017, 03:25 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]I've gotten up to T7 with Japan's battleships and haven't spent a dime. It is a bit of a slow crawl once you hit T6 but it's fun enough to not be a problem, just never go alone unless you're a sneaky destroyer.
I don't know what it is tho...
(01-11-2017, 04:11 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2017, 03:26 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Same business model
I don't know what it is tho...
Premium currency buys free XP to bypass grinding, faster XP gain to expedite grinding, and cosmetics with marginal or no stat advantages. Premium currency OR regular currency buys enhanced consumable equipment or limited cosmetic access (no XP boost from credit camo in WoWS, temporary camo in WoT.) Premium vehicles have a bunch of perks, some can only be ordered directly from the store, not in-game, and are more likely to be removed from sale than nerfed in order to preserve the value of your purchase.
(01-11-2017, 04:15 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2017, 04:11 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what it is tho...
Premium currency buys free XP to bypass grinding, faster XP gain to expedite grinding, and cosmetics with marginal or no stat advantages. Premium currency OR regular currency buys enhanced consumable equipment or limited cosmetic access (no XP boost from credit camo in WoWS, temporary camo in WoT.) Premium vehicles have a bunch of perks, some can only be ordered directly from the store, not in-game, and are more likely to be removed from sale than nerfed in order to preserve the value of your purchase.
Perks? Like subtle stat boosts perhaps?
(01-11-2017, 04:23 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2017, 04:15 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Premium currency buys free XP to bypass grinding, faster XP gain to expedite grinding, and cosmetics with marginal or no stat advantages. Premium currency OR regular currency buys enhanced consumable equipment or limited cosmetic access (no XP boost from credit camo in WoWS, temporary camo in WoT.) Premium vehicles have a bunch of perks, some can only be ordered directly from the store, not in-game, and are more likely to be removed from sale than nerfed in order to preserve the value of your purchase.
Perks? Like subtle stat boosts perhaps?
Some are outright broken, like the Imperator Nikolai I. A Battleship with 4 superfiring turrets, 3 of which face forward, meaty belt armor, and no vulnerable superstructure to speak of on top of generally adequate stats. Thus it has the best turret layout at its tier, the best armor layout of basically any battleship, and no overt flaws.

Some premiums are overall underwhelming but offer a very unique playstyle, like the Admiral Graf Spee, which I recently picked up for free in an event. Which mounts battleship guns on a heavily armored cruiser, providing a ship with awkward and unwieldy but devastating main guns, appreciable armor (for a cruiser), all the tactical tools of a cruiser, and a thoroughly mediocre top speed. At the end of the day though Graf Spee is just a cruiser wearing a very transparent battleship disguise.

As for the actual "perks" I mean mostly in terms of how they fit into the economy, they make bonus credits so you won't lose money as often if at all, and commanders can transfer from a premium to a similar ship with no retraining, so when I buy a new battleship, I initiate retraining, thus disabling all my captain skills until I get x captain XP, transfer him to my Scharnhorst, and play it until he has the necessary XP, thus training him for a new boat without ever needing to play him in said boat.