Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-16-2016, 05:48 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2016, 05:29 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on situation and what you're shooting at.  As well as the weapon type, as rounds traveling at such speed will be extremely inaccurate when fired by hand even using vacuume tech thanks to barrel flinching.

Against infantry the three round burst, because at least one round hitting will be a lot better than a single round that effective at piercing missing or hitting.  Plus slower rounds will release more of their physical energy in the target than rounds traveling so quickly.  AND they will cauterise wounds on infantry.  Against a vehicle, you better have it mounted on something so you can shoot more than once rapidly.  There will be no random bodies exploding open.

So in essence.  Unless you're in space and it's mounted on a vehicle, I don't suggest firing one of those.  It's wasteful and ineffective if you aren't plastering them with 'em or don't lobotomize or disable them instantly.

I suggest firing small discs (like coins) if you want the happy medium at such projectile speeds of penetration accuracy and damage.
well Null is a mechanian so their grip is as tough as a vehicle mount or atleast a bipod so flinching isnt that much of an issue and yes the weapon has toggleable modes either burst fire without rail acceleration assist and rail with the electromagnetic rail assist so it can be effective against unarmored unit and armored units, although firing discs projectile is useful for a railgun it's highly ineffective if it's just propelled by powder, also the fact that the carbine itself does not contain enough charge to power the electromagnetic rail thus only a drone or power armor unit can use the rail mode of the weapon via wireless power transmission from the palm to the handle of the weapon.
Sorry that I edited my post so many times, edited it again, and I already know about difficulty firing coins using powder.  But math talks.  And firing bullets at such a speed just isn't effective.  (.50 cal wastes most of it's energy the moment it gets past armor just going through people or shit uselessly already)  You would do more damage stabbing them with a screwdriver than the projectiles from your firearm would in those situations.  A LOT more.  Just shoot cased scoria/thermite at them at standard speeds if you are still using powder/propellant based projectiles and are firing at robotic targets.  As upgrades in the ammunition as tech advances are more important than upgrades in the weapon until everything uses mag-rail/gauss tech.  Then everyone will be shooting discs or needles based on your needs.
(07-16-2016, 05:57 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2016, 05:48 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]well Null is a mechanian so their grip is as tough as a vehicle mount or atleast a bipod so flinching isnt that much of an issue and yes the weapon has toggleable modes either burst fire without rail acceleration assist and rail with the electromagnetic rail assist so it can be effective against unarmored unit and armored units, although firing discs projectile is useful for a railgun it's highly ineffective if it's just propelled by powder, also the fact that the carbine itself does not contain enough charge to power the electromagnetic rail thus only a drone or power armor unit can use the rail mode of the weapon via wireless power transmission from the palm to the handle of the weapon.
Sorry that I edited my post so many times, edited it again, and I already know about difficulty firing coins using powder.  But math talks.  And firing bullets at such a speed just isn't effective.  (.50 cal wastes most of it's energy the moment it gets past armor just going through people or shit uselessly already)  You would do more damage stabbing them with a screwdriver than the projectiles from your firearm would in those situations.  A LOT more.  Just shoot cased scoria/thermite at them at standard speeds if you are still using powder/propellant based projectiles and are firing at robotic targets.  As upgrades in the ammunition as tech advances are more important than upgrades in the weapon until everything uses mag-rail/gauss tech.  Then everyone will be shooting discs or needles based on your needs.
you kinda forgot the spalling effect from penetrating armor, either by the pieces of armor or the projectile effect, this is what kills the squishiy stuff in armored vehicle/tanks or turn the impact point into a shotgun shot/fragmentation causing somewhat nasty wound unless they have spall proof lining or the bullet overpenetrates(still not sure how the physical mechanic of that works).
(07-16-2016, 06:11 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2016, 05:57 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry that I edited my post so many times, edited it again, and I already know about difficulty firing coins using powder.  But math talks.  And firing bullets at such a speed just isn't effective.  (.50 cal wastes most of it's energy the moment it gets past armor just going through people or shit uselessly already)  You would do more damage stabbing them with a screwdriver than the projectiles from your firearm would in those situations.  A LOT more.  Just shoot cased scoria/thermite at them at standard speeds if you are still using powder/propellant based projectiles and are firing at robotic targets.  As upgrades in the ammunition as tech advances are more important than upgrades in the weapon until everything uses mag-rail/gauss tech.  Then everyone will be shooting discs or needles based on your needs.
you kinda forgot the spalling effect from penetrating armor, either by the pieces of armor or the projectile effect, this is what kills the squishiy stuff in armored vehicle/tanks or turn the impact point into a shotgun shot/fragmentation causing somewhat nasty wound unless they have spall proof lining or the bullet overpenetrates(still not sure how the physical mechanic of that works).
Overpenetration refers to two things.  The first being using a penetrator on something with no armor  or insufficient armor, where it will push through releasing almost none of it's energy as physical trauma or concussive force(5.56 steel pen and .30 is bad about this), as I was talking about and mentioned.  And the other is an informal use of it referring to strikes that penetrate but do not cause(or do not seem to cause) the spalling effect by some reason or other.  Such as when shooting a target through their cover.

The first even refers to heavy armors.
Again.  Ammunition is more important than weapon. Or even speed.
http://www.msn.com/en-my/news/national/korean-woman-injured-in-snatch-theft-incident-goes-on-a-rant-on-facebook/ar-BBulTri?li=BBr8Hnu
now that's the welcome to Malaysia hospitality
*note: this is the most horrible mechanain unit*

Q: what does APFSDS stand for?
A: A Pie Flinging Seriously Desperate Stuff. It's a last resort weapon, basically packing a boatload of pies in the barrels and shooting in the face of the enemy, hoping it gives enoigh time to escape. Obvious stuff.
I've heard that one before, actually
You know what let's do some math.
[Image: e2f6bfbcd18dc08584b9685fa8884817.jpg]
This is a MAD-3R, a 75 ton heavy mech.
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=345&l=07e8960ad54e05004c16d9c6180e7c0162273b8e
This is a recommended build for the MAD-3R, seen in the screenshot above.
How much does all this cost though?
Well let's start with the price of the base mech. A brand new MAD-3R fetches a handy price of 6.5mil C-bills and comes with a few peices of equipment we'll want to keep.
So we keep the standard 3R's twin PPCs, which will save us a cool 800,000 C-bills, but we don't have either of the UAC/5s we need, there goes our savings, and we'll need 54,000 C-bills worth of ammo for it.
Next we'll need to start refitting the mech to make room for all this nonsense, we'll start with the ferro fibrous armor, FF armor goes for 5k per ton, and we have a 75 ton mech bringing our fee out to 375,000 plus a 209,808 fee to refit an existing mech's plating for a grand total of 584,808 C-bills. Next we need a new engine, the Vlar 300 won't cut it, we're going to shave a ton off by downgrading to a 275 rated engine, this will cost 1,686,667 C-bills, roughly 1.7mil, and then we need to upgrade the heatsinks in it to doubles, which costs a flat fee of 1.5mil. Finally we need to rip the skeleton out and replace it with endo-steel, endo-steel goes for about 10k a ton and our 75t mech means it'll cost 750,000 C-bills for this last retrofit.
So we spent roughly 6.5mil acquiring the mech, and then 5.4mil fitting it to be a beastly combatant in this rough and tumble world, meaning after the significant investment of acquiring it we nearly doubled its price tag before it has even seen combat.
How long does it take to acquire 11,966,118 C-bills? Well if we assume you make 300k C-bills per match (you probably won't) then it comes out to a grand total of 40 matches to cover all the expenses.
haha nerds doing math and talking about bullets
I HAVE A ROCKET TESLA HAMMER
(07-16-2016, 02:57 PM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote: [ -> ]haha nerds doing math and talking about bullets
I HAVE A ROCKET TESLA HAMMER

[Image: Mjolnir.jpg]
1v1 me bro.
sheese can you two stop cosplaying as thor, and get a real flying mech, like this
[Image: hsg65725box.jpg?v=1415765422]
Why would I want a shitty fighter jet that is also a shitty mech?
Right, so I'm visiting family in another state, and I'll be here for a while...
As such, I probably won't be around for more than ten minutes most of the time.
I'm not too worried.
(07-16-2016, 03:39 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Why would I want a shitty fighter jet that is also a shitty mech?
because two function in a single frame, two peas in a pod! Two bullets in a mag! Two cannibal midgets in a fat guy’s ribcage!
(07-16-2016, 04:22 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2016, 03:39 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Why would I want a shitty fighter jet that is also a shitty mech?
because two function in a single frame, two peas in a pod! Two bullets in a mag! Two cannibal midgets in a fat guy’s ribcage!
Except you have a horrific center of mass, an ungodly amount of drag, the actuator strength of wet tissue paper, next to 0 visibility, and bad armor in a huge frame.

It would be better to have neither a jet nor a mech than to have that thing.
[Image: 49a.jpg]
the kraken!

2:31 - 3:02
wolfen pasta
"What is the wolf did ys just howlin' say about me, ya little milksop? I'll have ya know I was throned the top of my tribe in the Kingdom of Russ, and I've been involved in numerous executions of trator Primarchs, and I have over 3000 million confirmed kills, I am trained in wolf warfare and I am the top CQC-expert in all of the Imperium, Ye are NOTHIN' to me but just ANOTHER NANCY LIONLOVER BITCH"
(07-14-2016, 12:34 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ][Image: cd1.jpg]
looking for pokemon in 50s tunes
YESYESYESYESYESYES!

Meanwhile in fallout 4, raiders with molotovs are instakill, swimming in water causes fatigue lethargy or parasites, taking short naps can cause insomnia or parasites, eating unprepared food causes lethargy parasites, getting bit by roaches or mole rats causes infections or parasites. Drinking dirty water causes lethargy or parasites.

Saving requires sleeping, taking lots of short naps to heal or save. Using stimpaks dehydrate you. Drinking bad water causes parasites, Parasites make you need to eat more which might make make you go hunt molerats which might give you an infection which will kill you in 12 in game hours.

WELCOME TO SURVIVAL!

TLBig GrinR Become your own doctor ASAP.
(07-16-2016, 08:17 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Meanwhile in fallout 4, raiders with molotovs are instakill, swimming in water causes fatigue lethargy or parasites, taking short naps can cause insomnia or parasites, eating unprepared food causes lethargy parasites, getting bit by roaches or mole rats causes infections or parasites. Drinking dirty water causes lethargy or parasites.

Saving requires sleeping, taking lots of short naps to heal or save. Using stimpaks dehydrate you. Drinking bad water causes parasites, Parasites make you need to eat more which might make make you go hunt molerats which might give you an infection which will kill you in 12 in game hours.

WELCOME TO SURVIVAL!

But you can't! They removed the Medical Skill! (Yeah yeah there are probably perks for that but I'm still salty about the removal of the Skill system.)
(07-16-2016, 08:32 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2016, 08:17 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Meanwhile in fallout 4, raiders with molotovs are instakill, swimming in water causes fatigue lethargy or parasites, taking short naps can cause insomnia or parasites, eating unprepared food causes lethargy parasites, getting bit by roaches or mole rats causes infections or parasites. Drinking dirty water causes lethargy or parasites.

WELCOME TO SURVIVAL!

But you can't! They removed the Medical Skill! (Yeah yeah there are probably perks for that but I'm still salty about the removal of the Skill system.)
The medic and chemist perks help.
[Image: giphy.gif]
MRW the DM tells us all the roll new characters AGAIN and over half the group just leaves.
edit: DM JUST RAGEQUIT HIS OWN GROUP. MEGA RIPERONIS.
(07-16-2016, 03:48 PM)Umbra Wrote: [ -> ]Right, so I'm visiting family in another state, and I'll be here for a while...
As such, I probably won't be around for more than ten minutes most of the time.
I'm not too worried.

Have a good one.

My DM lost his internet and house and so couldn't continue with our campaign.

There is also an easier way to cripple people who like tesla or plasma weapons.  Really easy too, just get an electromagnet, any kind of one, and set it's polarity to negative for tesla, positive against plasma.  Boom.  Plasma will be reflected, and tesla will be incited into a feedback loop, electrocuting the wielder or user if it doesn't just start wild electrical fires and spew molten metal over them first.  Or, you know, melt their flesh and shoot lightning bolts out the top of their head cooking their brain.