Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How about some damn liquid fire.
(09-09-2016, 01:52 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2016, 11:55 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]The Dinner-Plate-Spider is forbidden.
Camel spiders, instead of fangs they have finger amputating jaws and are tire size.

they aren't even real spiders.
(09-09-2016, 02:01 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2016, 01:52 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]VERBOTEN
Nah

I dont think those were spiders
(09-09-2016, 02:48 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2016, 01:52 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Camel spiders, instead of fangs they have finger amputating jaws and are tire size.

they aren't even real spiders.
Still dangerous arachnids.

Also... how do you do?
(09-09-2016, 03:00 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2016, 02:01 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Nah

I dont think those were spiders

you would be correct, they aren't.
Heheh. One of the guys on the mechwarrior discord was bragging about being in the top 100 rankings last season, then I ran into him in a pub match and peeled the armor off his mech for my team to finish him off. The best part is that in spite of my obnoxious paint job and username that he knows he never realized it was me.
(09-09-2016, 03:50 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Heheh. One of the guys on the mechwarrior discord was bragging about being in the top 100 rankings last season, then I ran into him in a pub match and peeled the armor off his mech for my team to finish him off. The best part is that in spite of my obnoxious paint job and username that he knows he never realized it was me.

brutal and lesson taught? never brag or you'll get your armor peeled off

(09-09-2016, 03:10 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2016, 03:00 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]I dont think those were spiders

you would be correct, they aren't.

you amaricians have to stop calling everything spiders, not everything 8 legged is a spider
(09-09-2016, 03:54 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2016, 03:50 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Heheh. One of the guys on the mechwarrior discord was bragging about being in the top 100 rankings last season, then I ran into him in a pub match and peeled the armor off his mech for my team to finish him off. The best part is that in spite of my obnoxious paint job and username that he knows he never realized it was me.

No he's a way better pilot than me I was just in a really brutal light mech. 30 pinpoint damage every 3-4 seconds is insane, especially when it comes from a mech zipping around at 125kph. He kept trying to poke and prod and get a feel for what our team was doing and I was just using my speed and firepower to punish anyone who poked their head up.
(09-09-2016, 03:57 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2016, 03:54 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]brutal and lesson taught? never brag or you'll get your armor peeled off
No he's a way better pilot than me I was just in a really brutal light mech. 30 pinpoint damage every 3-4 seconds is insane, especially when it comes from a mech zipping around at 125kph. He kept trying to poke and prod and get a feel for what our team was doing and I was just using my speed and firepower to punish anyone who poked their head up.
never underestimate light combat units i guess, have my fair share of getting my challi's engine blown up by a weisel/VBL poking my back side
(09-09-2016, 03:54 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]

(09-09-2016, 03:10 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]you would be correct, they aren't.

you amaricians have to stop calling everything spiders, not everything 8 legged is a spider
Arachnid.

And it is called a camel spider, so I'm just referring to it by name.
(09-09-2016, 04:01 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2016, 03:54 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]brutal and lesson taught? never brag or you'll get your armor peeled off

Arachnid.

I think the correct name is Solifugae and it's more related to scorpions than spiders
(09-09-2016, 04:05 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2016, 04:01 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Arachnid.

I think the correct name is Solifugae and it's more related to scorpions than spiders
The scientific name is solifugae, and it refers to roughly 1,000 different Arachnids. However Camel Spider is one of several commonly recognized names for solifuges
I'll just start calling any vehicles with more than four tires spiders then.
(09-09-2016, 08:50 PM)LostĀ Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]I'll just start calling any vehicles with more than four tires spiders then.

In the world of automotives it is spelled with a y, spyders.
(09-09-2016, 01:17 PM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm back, y'all!

welcomebacktotheavalinexus.gif
I would post the actual gif, but...
I really need to make a new welcome back gif... Ugh.
[Image: cc11c97c8366201ddf21790f42e0074f.gif]
The music begins, an aggressive but methodical buildup, the world around you screams out with eye catching colors and shapes, the announcer counts down as the strange arrangement of geometry in front of you shifts in anticipation. The countdown reaches zero and the music melts away to a purposeful but non-intrusive beat as 8 craft rocket off the starting line, a few collide and are sent careening into walls as you soar past with the speedometer passing 600 in moments. Welcome to Redout.
[Image: ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma...olor=black]
Redout is a game that aims to bring back the best of old school arcade racing, with hyper stylized hovercars shooting around holographic tracks at nonspecific speed units well in excess of what is reasonable, the game comes at you at such a pace that you can be excused for getting lost on the very linear tracks. There is a very tight and intentional method to this madness though, Redout is the kind of game where taking your foot off the gas is a sign of weakness, weakness that the game will exploit. It gives you every tool you'll need to carve a line through any corner at max throttle, and in time you'll slot into a groove doing just that and then boosting out to take the lead from your opponents. Said opponents are notably ruthless though, well timed applications of all the different tools at your disposal is crucial to even stand a shot against the AI, the learning curve here is steep.

Redout is one of those games that could probably be content to simply rest on the laurels of what a raw experience it is, with a dozen some tracks to blaze across and half a dozen different ships to pilot, it seems there is a lot to enjoy, but Redout is not quite done, with different modes, power ups, and different tiers of ships allowing you to crank the pace up even further or turn your race into one to the grave. All of this content is locked behind progression gates, playing in "career" mode awards money and XP to spend on new ships and power ups, as well as unlocking new tracks. Once you feel burned out on the merciless AI you can take the hypersonic bumpercars online and compete with other players, or just go into a time trial and learn the track while trying to crank out the fastest time possible.

Capturing the nostalgia of older gamers is a popular tactic in indie games right now as many new developers are those older gamers, but Redout manages to be a game that can stand on its own merits, a fast paced and challenging experience that provides a sensory feast with tight controls and relatively straight forward mechanics. It can be found on Steam for a modest $35.
(09-10-2016, 05:50 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]The music begins, an aggressive but methodical buildup, the world around you screams out with eye catching colors and shapes, the announcer counts down as the strange arrangement of geometry in front of you shifts in anticipation. The countdown reaches zero and the music melts away to a purposeful but non-intrusive beat as 8 craft rocket off the starting line, a few collide and are sent careening into walls as you soar past with the speedometer passing 600 in moments. Welcome to Redout.
Redout is a game that aims to bring back the best of old school arcade racing, with hyper stylized hovercars shooting around holographic tracks at nonspecific speed units well in excess of what is reasonable, the game comes at you at such a pace that you can be excused for getting lost on the very linear tracks. There is a very tight and intentional method to this madness though, Redout is the kind of game where taking your foot off the gas is a sign of weakness, weakness that the game will exploit. It gives you every tool you'll need to carve a line through any corner at max throttle, and in time you'll slot into a groove doing just that and then boosting out to take the lead from your opponents. Said opponents are notably ruthless though, well timed applications of all the different tools at your disposal is crucial to even stand a shot against the AI, the learning curve here is steep.

Redout is one of those games that could probably be content to simply rest on the laurels of what a raw experience it is, with a dozen some tracks to blaze across and half a dozen different ships to pilot, it seems there is a lot to enjoy, but Redout is not quite done, with different modes, power ups, and different tiers of ships allowing you to crank the pace up even further or turn your race into one to the grave. All of this content is locked behind progression gates, playing in "career" mode awards money and XP to spend on new ships and power ups, as well as unlocking new tracks. Once you feel burned out on the merciless AI you can take the hypersonic bumpercars online and compete with other players, or just go into a time trial and learn the track while trying to crank out the fastest time possible.

Capturing the nostalgia of older gamers is a popular tactic in indie games right now as many new developers are those older gamers, but Redout manages to be a game that can stand on its own merits, a fast paced and challenging experience that provides a sensory feast with tight controls and relatively straight forward mechanics. It can be found on Steam for a modest $35.

I don't even like racing games all that much but this sounds pretty darn fun.
I must ask though - is that motion blur in the image what you see constantly due to the high speeds? If so, then dang it must be hell to navigate.
(09-10-2016, 06:25 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2016, 05:50 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]The music begins, an aggressive but methodical buildup, the world around you screams out with eye catching colors and shapes, the announcer counts down as the strange arrangement of geometry in front of you shifts in anticipation. The countdown reaches zero and the music melts away to a purposeful but non-intrusive beat as 8 craft rocket off the starting line, a few collide and are sent careening into walls as you soar past with the speedometer passing 600 in moments. Welcome to Redout.

I don't even like racing games all that much but this sounds pretty darn fun.
I must ask though - is that motion blur in the image what you see constantly due to the high speeds? If so, then dang it must be hell to navigate.
The Motion blur is from boosting, which will rarely last even a full second, you also get "blackouts" and "redouts" in high G turns like loops, depending on where the G forces are shoving you, but you can counteract that, during normal gameplay everything is very apparent and visible to you.
[Image: IF-Birthday-Cake.jpg]
THIS IS NOT HOW YOU ICE CREAM CAKE.
But it is quite delicious.