Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-22-2017, 08:02 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]also context
[Image: FlingQuil.gif]
I've sourced the original post so you can check the original context

(07-22-2017, 07:53 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]That image right there? It's like, an hour old ._.

ಠ_ಠ
Don't give me that shit, we can't all be blessed with actual skills
nah it isnt a blessing, it's just like countless hours of interrogations made one immune to it, same shit here
I thought surge's picture looked pretty good. But i dont draw.
Yes we can.  It's called having different ones.  I assume you'd kick my ass in near any strategy game flat out surge.
I'd say "you're on!" But I don't think my ego could handle that beating.
(07-24-2017, 04:13 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say "you're on!" But I don't think my ego could handle that beating.

I'm high functioning autistic, it'd be child's play.  :U

But that wasn't a challenge, it was a statement that I believe is true due to my personal bottlenecks in play.
You underestimate my ability to missplay critically and fail
(07-24-2017, 04:21 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]You underestimate my ability to missplay critically and fail

I didn't underestimate a thing, everybody does that.  I may be perceptive of game mechanics.  But I can only pay attention to one thing at a time.   Single red guard max rank in Generals taking down a GLA arms facility, 4 scud launchers, 8 technicals, a quad cannon and a scorpion tank before almost taking down his command center while he was rolling over my own base and almost succeeding, while he had yet to even notice my tertiary base I was building with my constructors I'd snuck away with? (but he'd pulled his offensive launchers back to base and I couldn't move my red guard in time)  Okay.  But actually winning?  Hahahahahaha, no.  I can only do cheese strats.  And even then, not very well.  I'm really good at pissing off my opponents without using a word or winning though, so there's that.  .-.  Have trouble beating easy AI, can't beat normal AI in a single RTS.  Etcetra

In any case, this could get depressing if continued. 
I like how that conversation was i would lose not you.

You two could challenge each othet to see who would.

I would fail most definitely since i don't play many strategy games in the first place.

Edit:Not including the creeper world series, but those are single player.
(07-24-2017, 04:38 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]I like how that conversation was i would lose not you.

I would fail most definitely since i don't play many strategy games in the first place.

You underestimate the power of having a standard processing speed.
(07-24-2017, 04:45 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2017, 04:38 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]I like how that conversation was i would lose not you.

You underestimate the power of having a standard processing speed.

Standard processing speed? Also i made a very inconsequential edit just so you know.
(07-24-2017, 04:46 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2017, 04:45 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]You underestimate the power of having a standard processing speed.

Standard processing speed? Also i made a very inconsequential edit just so you know.

I process information at about 10-15% the rate of a normal human being(Healthy, no defects).  It's great, forces me to sit and think about things for a long time or I make a mess like I did in that conversation on power armours.  On one side I have practiced said thing a lot more than most anybody else is likely to.  On the other side of things, I am so easily overwhelmed by information and other people that I can't even understand body language in general and can use only voice and text to determine such.  It makes me paranoid when I can't read somebody, I do not like annoying folks.  But I also absolutely adore it.

Edit?
(07-24-2017, 04:54 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2017, 04:46 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Standard processing speed? Also i made a very inconsequential edit just so you know.

I process information at about 10-15% the rate of a normal human being(Healthy, no defects).  It's great, forces me to sit and think about things for a long time or I make a mess like I did in that conversation on power armours.  On one side I have practiced said thing a lot more than most anybody else is likely to.  On the other side of things, I am so easily overwhelmed by information and other people that I can't even understand body language in general and can use only voice and text to determine such.  It makes me paranoid when I can't read somebody, I do not like annoying folks.  But I also absolutely adore it.

Edit?
Hmm not really sure what to say to that.

First thing i said you will see it but its not important.
(07-24-2017, 04:57 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2017, 04:54 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]I process information at about 10-15% the rate of a normal human being(Healthy, no defects).  It's great, forces me to sit and think about things for a long time or I make a mess like I did in that conversation on power armours.  On one side I have practiced said thing a lot more than most anybody else is likely to.  On the other side of things, I am so easily overwhelmed by information and other people that I can't even understand body language in general and can use only voice and text to determine such.  It makes me paranoid when I can't read somebody, I do not like annoying folks.  But I also absolutely adore it.

Edit?
Hmm not really sure what to say to that.

First thing i said you will see it but its not important.
Oh, kay, saw it now.

I'll look it up later just so I know at least slightly what you're talking about.
(07-24-2017, 04:54 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2017, 04:46 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Standard processing speed? Also i made a very inconsequential edit just so you know.

Edit?

Sounds pretty standard to me. Lotta people who are on the internet regularly have difficulty with body language and non-verbal communication that puts us at a disadvantage in face to face interactions.

But on the internet everyone is limited to t he same text-only channel unless they choose to join a video or voice chat. It levels the playing field  a little by forcing everyone to be on the same level of understanding, and a lot of people have difficulty understanding from just text.
(07-24-2017, 12:10 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2017, 04:54 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]I process information at about 10-15% the rate of a normal human being(Healthy, no defects).  It's great, forces me to sit and think about things for a long time or I make a mess like I did in that conversation on power armours.  On one side I have practiced said thing a lot more than most anybody else is likely to.  On the other side of things, I am so easily overwhelmed by information and other people that I can't even understand body language in general and can use only voice and text to determine such.  It makes me paranoid when I can't read somebody, I do not like annoying folks.  But I also absolutely adore it.

Edit?

Sounds pretty standard to me. Lotta people who are on the internet regularly have difficulty with body language and non-verbal communication that puts us at a disadvantage in face to face interactions.

But on the internet everyone is limited to t he same text-only channel unless they choose to join a video or voice chat. It levels the playing field  a little by forcing everyone to be on the same level of understanding, and a lot of people have difficulty understanding from just text.
Exactly.  Said exactly that to a whole lot of folks already.  In fewer words too, rare for me.
There was a POST here. its gone now.
wrong orientation, but still, AAAAAAAAA
[Image: tumblr_messaging_otmv4aLF7j1ske19p_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_messaging_otmv3perMk1ske19p_1280.jpg]
Any of you know how the avali would fare in the warhammer 40k universe,? I'm curious.
Extremely poorly, just like everything else in 40k.