Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: AVALI.png][Image: smug_boy.png]
Are you happy now austin?
Oh those are pretty nice. I like the first one more though.
(08-31-2017, 08:27 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ][Image: AVALI.png][Image: smug_boy.png]
Are you happy now austin?

These ARE pretty good

Heckuva lot of charm here, keep it up!

-------

Finally, a Celion drawr from me that's actually decent.

It is all good, niccce Achroma.  There's fine tuning that could be done but that's a standard thing.  It looks really good.  I agree, left one looks good because you got the POV down really well, right one not so much but it isn't bad by any means.  Question...  How many times did you "re-do" it before you got to this point?  Or did you manage to get a once and done lucky jump?

Also Reks, rather easy to understand.  I even know several other more covering sets of clothing that would benefit them, but that's aside the point.  Looks pretty interestin.
(09-01-2017, 04:49 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]It is all good, niccce Achroma.  There's fine tuning that could be done but that's a standard thing.  It looks really good.  I agree, left one looks good because you got the POV down really well, right one not so much but it isn't bad by any means.  Question...  How many times did you "re-do" it before you got to this point?  Or did you manage to get a once and done lucky jump?

Also Reks, rather easy to understand.  I even know several other more covering sets of clothing that would benefit them, but that's aside the point.  Looks pretty interestin.

I redid it about 15-20 times. I had trouble getting the right shapes and Lines. But the power of coffee compelled me, so yeah.
(09-01-2017, 06:58 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2017, 04:49 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]It is all good, niccce Achroma.  There's fine tuning that could be done but that's a standard thing.  It looks really good.  I agree, left one looks good because you got the POV down really well, right one not so much but it isn't bad by any means.  Question...  How many times did you "re-do" it before you got to this point?  Or did you manage to get a once and done lucky jump?

I redid it about 15-20 times. I had trouble getting the right shapes and Lines. But the power of coffee compelled me, so yeah.

Sounds about right

You'll redraw stuff a ton of times, no worries.

Even the "good" artists do that. You're on the right track. o wob

Ahh, thanks Rinoah

I just doodled half of those from a single ref of something similar to those "pants", and the rest was from my head

I'll probably use a lot more references in the future for their clothes. Tribal stuff, desert stuff, lots of loose-fitting things, but still formal, I guess?
(09-01-2017, 07:25 PM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2017, 06:58 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]I redid it about 15-20 times. I had trouble getting the right shapes and Lines. But the power of coffee compelled me, so yeah.

Sounds about right

You'll redraw stuff a ton of times, no worries.

Even the "good" artists do that. You're on the right track. o wob

Ahh, thanks Rinoah

I just doodled half of those from a single ref of something similar to those "pants", and the rest was from my head

I'll probably use a lot more references in the future for their clothes. Tribal stuff, desert stuff, lots of loose-fitting things, but still formal, I guess?

I don't have a tablet yet so I use the pen tool. That require patient and a steady hand, which I do not have, hence extra redos when I want to be neat.
I don't art so i won't be any help when you guys art.
(09-02-2017, 10:15 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't art so i won't be any help when you guys art.

I've taken several art classes and have looked at a lot of art, though I am rather poor at creating anything of quality myself.   Not to mention my preferred style of art is tabletops and worldbuilding anyways.
(09-04-2017, 04:13 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2017, 10:15 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't art so i won't be any help when you guys art.

I've taken several art classes and have looked at a lot of art, though I am rather poor at creating anything of quality myself.   Not to mention my preferred style of art is tabletops and worldbuilding anyways.

Perhap we can host a session of D&D with the remainders of nexus? Just a thought
I heard D&D and got here as fast as I could
(09-04-2017, 12:11 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2017, 04:13 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]I've taken several art classes and have looked at a lot of art, though I am rather poor at creating anything of quality myself.   Not to mention my preferred style of art is tabletops and worldbuilding anyways.

Perhap we can host a session of D&D with the remainders of nexus? Just a thought
I guess? Organising that would suck though.
(09-04-2017, 04:35 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2017, 12:11 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps we can host a session of D&D with the remainders of nexus? Just a thought
I guess? Organising that would suck though.

I have a roll20.net pro account.  Though I have barely cut my teeth on actual RPG sessions as every single group I've attempted to join has dissipated within a week of such due to reasons like the GM's computer dieing entirely, suddenly having several members moving to new houses and then never showing up again.  Etcetra.

Most of my work has been in building my own tabletop style RPG with several people to provice constructive criticism across the board, though it's currently on the hard drive of a dead computer.  (2000+ hours of work doesn't look like you've done much work much when you attempt to polish and make sure the systems don't contradict.) 

In any case, folks would have to figure out what they would want from such a thing.  I'd gladly put a shit ton of work into it.  But i'm personally still a FNG GM/DM
My Battletech group recently shifted to every other week so my schedule is a lot more open and I'd be down for a Saturday night D&D group.
Correction, roll20 plus account, not professional.  Don't know why I thought I had pro.

How has your battletech group been going though lately?
pretty well, we're into the war of 3039 and are on the frontlines.
The FRR group has temporarily gone mercenary (with the Kungsarme's permission, I suspect because the last time the Kungsarme left us to our own devices our base acquired a bunch of craters and we refused to explain why) and are signed on with the LCAF leading an assault on Vega. They lost a pilot to a lucky flanking maneuver and lost an assault mech to a vindictive light, but they've made off with a lot of star league era tech, slain a distant heir to the Kuritan throne, and generally caused such a nuisance that the DCMS has dispatched a DEST to blunt their latest push.
The Davion group is on Fellanin II with the Eridani Light Horse, where the ELH have claimed all the salvage, much to the chagrin of the players, who are being supported only by regular shipments from the AFFC and NAIS now, they've been running around doing odds and ends errands for the ELH, securing the planet's water purification plant, rescuing an ELH lance caught out in the open, and running down retreating enemies. It's been pretty standard stuff, the most notable events were our Victor beating an enemy Hatamoto-Chi, the player demanding the Hatamoto's kabuto be grafted onto his Victor, and then impersonating enemy reinforcements in said Victor so he could get close and decapitate an enemy. Oh they also crippled a withdrawing Shadow Hawk to the point where he could no longer navigate, so he got lost in the desert and died.
(09-04-2017, 05:20 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]pretty well, we're into the war of 3039 and are on the frontlines.
The FRR group has temporarily gone mercenary (with the Kungsarme's permission, I suspect because the last time the Kungsarme left us to our own devices our base acquired a bunch of craters and we refused to explain why) and are signed on with the LCAF leading an assault on Vega. They lost a pilot to a lucky flanking maneuver and lost an assault mech to a vindictive light, but they've made off with a lot of star league era tech, slain a distant heir to the Kuritan throne, and generally caused such a nuisance that the DCMS has dispatched a DEST to blunt their latest push.
The Davion group is on Fellanin II with the Eridani Light Horse, where the ELH have claimed all the salvage, much to the chagrin of the players, who are being supported only by regular shipments from the AFFC and NAIS now, they've been running around doing odds and ends errands for the ELH, securing the planet's water purification plant, rescuing an ELH lance caught out in the open, and running down retreating enemies. It's been pretty standard stuff, the most notable events were our Victor beating an enemy Hatamoto-Chi, the player demanding the Hatamoto's kabuto be grafted onto his Victor, and then impersonating enemy reinforcements in said Victor so he could get close and decapitate an enemy. Oh they also crippled a withdrawing Shadow Hawk to the point where he could no longer navigate, so he got lost in the desert and died.

Sounds pretty bad at times and slow others.  I'd be prepared for the sudden Bitzkrieg that you'll probably be the unfortunates to deal with it.  Or the backup for the folks who were supposed to.  Because I suspect there's something going on in the sidelines that gm is not required to tell you about.  GM 101.  When things are slow, or stalemated, keep something on the back-line planned to make sure the players remain interested and moving forwards.

Edit: By bad I do not mean "a bad job". Merely bad situations.
(09-04-2017, 05:30 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2017, 05:20 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]pretty well, we're into the war of 3039 and are on the frontlines.

Sounds pretty bad at times and slow others.  I'd be prepared for the sudden Bitzkrieg that you'll probably be the unfortunates to deal with it.  Or the backup for the folks who were supposed to.  Because I suspect there's something going on in the sidelines that gm is not required to tell you about.  GM 101.  When things are slow, or stalemated, keep something on the back-line planned to make sure the players remain interested and moving forwards.

Edit:  By bad I do not mean "a bad job".  Merely bad situations.
Well, we kind already know how Fellanin II turns out and everybody but the ELH is gonna be off-world by the time things go pear shaped, so it's mostly a process of going through the motions of planetary conquest rather than worrying about counteroffensives or disasters. As for Vega that DEST has us really worried, we ran into a Nightstar on our last mission, and if the Legion of Vega could field something as imposing as a godamn Nightstar the thought of what kind of toys a DEST would have access to has us all on edge. We're really really REALLY hoping its not a Thunder Hawk.
(09-04-2017, 06:18 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2017, 05:30 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds pretty bad at times and slow others.  I'd be prepared for the sudden Bitzkrieg that you'll probably be the unfortunates to deal with it.  Or the backup for the folks who were supposed to.  Because I suspect there's something going on in the sidelines that gm is not required to tell you about.  GM 101.  When things are slow, or stalemated, keep something on the back-line planned to make sure the players remain interested and moving forwards.

Edit:  By bad I do not mean "a bad job".  Merely bad situations.
Well, we kind already know how Fellanin II turns out and everybody but the ELH is gonna be off-world by the time things go pear shaped, so it's mostly a process of going through the motions of planetary conquest rather than worrying about counteroffensives or disasters. As for Vega that DEST has us really worried, we ran into a Nightstar on our last mission, and if the Legion of Vega could field something as imposing as a godamn Nightstar the thought of what kind of toys a DEST would have access to has us all on edge. We're really really REALLY hoping its not a Thunder Hawk.
And what if it's two..?
(09-04-2017, 06:59 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2017, 06:18 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Well, we kind already know how Fellanin II turns out and everybody but the ELH is gonna be off-world by the time things go pear shaped, so it's mostly a process of going through the motions of planetary conquest rather than worrying about counteroffensives or disasters. As for Vega that DEST has us really worried, we ran into a Nightstar on our last mission, and if the Legion of Vega could field something as imposing as a godamn Nightstar the thought of what kind of toys a DEST would have access to has us all on edge. We're really really REALLY hoping its not a Thunder Hawk.
And what if it's two..?
I think at that point we'll just loop from "holy fuck we're gonna die" into "think of the loot we're gonna get out of this guys!"
Kerensky knows we could use a sudden injection of gauss rifles.