Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-30-2016, 09:41 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: [ -> ]Fuck you Starbound, fuck you Chucklefish, fuck you computer.
WHY does starbound crash every time I try to open the core fragments portal with my Avali?
WHY does beaming to the planet with any character other than my Avali just beam me straight back to my ship?
ARGHHHHHH.

At least you can run the game at all. Whenever my wife tries to play it, it crashes instantly after the splash screen. No clue why, google being useless explaining how to fix it.

I was able to get it to run on my computer. Remade Danu as usual, beamed down to the planet surface, dug a hole killed two monsters and went okay its just like it was bye and closed it again.

I probably won't bother playing it till we figure out why she can't, that way we can play it together.
(07-30-2016, 04:54 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2016, 09:41 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: [ -> ]Fuck you Starbound, fuck you Chucklefish, fuck you computer.
WHY does starbound crash every time I try to open the core fragments portal with my Avali?
WHY does beaming to the planet with any character other than my Avali just beam me straight back to my ship?
ARGHHHHHH.

At least you can run the game at all. Whenever my wife tries to play it, it crashes instantly after the splash screen. No clue why, google being useless explaining how to fix it.

I was able to get it to run on my computer. Remade Danu as usual, beamed down to the planet surface, dug a hole killed two monsters and went okay its just like it was bye and closed it again.

I probably won't bother playing it till we figure out why she can't, that way we can play it together.

kinda the same thing I had but Shaad's suggestion did work, remove the game from your local directory then locate the starbound folder with the remaining files(potentially old mods or things) and remove it, redownload the client your wife's game should be good as new
(07-30-2016, 05:04 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2016, 04:54 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]At least you can run the game at all. Whenever my wife tries to play it, it crashes instantly after the splash screen. No clue why, google being useless explaining how to fix it.

kinda the same thing I had but Shaad's suggestion did work, remove the game from your local directory then locate the starbound folder with the remaining files(potentially old mods or things) and remove it, redownload the client your wife's game should be good as new

She did that already. Completely wiped the game and all settings/mods etc she knew the whereabouts of and still didn't get it. At the moment she's mad at me over something else, maybe later though I'll poke through appdata on her machine and see if she missed a spot or something. Everyone forgets to chek %appdata%

(07-30-2016, 10:59 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2016, 10:14 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Any other mods installed? (Doubtful they'd impact it but who knows.)
Are your drivers up to date? (People always ask this one. I guess they could be a problem.)
Have you checked the crash logs? (Could have useful info on the problem.)
Have you tried deleting your universe folder and remaking it? (Might be the world file for the outpost got borked somehow.) The beaming back to your ship actually sounds like a bug from broken structures and world files.
Have you updated the Avali mod to the latest version? It was updated a few hours ago to fix some things. Perhaps they fixed this?
After you go through this list, try visiting the newly-genned outpost with a non-Avali character first, then the Avali character. Who knows. Might work. Might not work. I dunno.

Right.
Universe folder didn't work.
Avali mod is through the steam workshop so it should be up to date.
Mods installed are:
CrazyFreak's Musical Collection
Instant Crafting
Compact Crops
No More Erchius Ghost
Fresh Fruit
Phase Shift Module
Archer's Synthesizers
Purchasable Pets
Avali Race Mod
Extended Songbook
XS Mechs - Vehicle Edition
Xbawks Character Extender

So, log files. It should make a log file every time it crashes.
(Also ew Steam Workshop whyyyy)

(07-30-2016, 05:16 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2016, 05:04 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]kinda the same thing I had but Shaad's suggestion did work, remove the game from your local directory then locate the starbound folder with the remaining files(potentially old mods or things) and remove it, redownload the client your wife's game should be good as new

She did that already. Completely wiped the game and all settings/mods etc she knew the whereabouts of and still didn't get it. At the moment she's mad at me over something else, maybe later though I'll poke through appdata on her machine and see if she missed a spot or something. Everyone forgets to chek %appdata%

There have been multiple problems with 1.0 startup for some people. I suggest checking the forums to see the various possible fixes, if there are any.
ARK got a graphical update:

No but seriously this guy's stuff is cool.
(07-30-2016, 02:52 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
ARGHHHHHH.
Ever heard of reporting a bug instead of complaining "fuck you fuck you fuck you" as unreported bugs don't get fixed.

Ever heard of someone being pissed off and venting?
Doesn't mean I haven't reported the bug.

(07-30-2016, 10:15 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2016, 10:59 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: [ -> ]Right.
Universe folder didn't work.
Avali mod is through the steam workshop so it should be up to date.
Mods installed are:
CrazyFreak's Musical Collection
Instant Crafting
Compact Crops
No More Erchius Ghost
Fresh Fruit
Phase Shift Module
Archer's Synthesizers
Purchasable Pets
Avali Race Mod
Extended Songbook
XS Mechs - Vehicle Edition
Xbawks Character Extender

So, log files. It should make a log file every time it crashes.
(Also ew Steam Workshop whyyyy)

Could it be something to do with stuff crafted in admin mode that I shouldn't have yet?
(07-31-2016, 03:17 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: [ -> ]Could it be something to do with stuff crafted in admin mode that I shouldn't have yet?

I have no idea. Hence asking for log files.
If you can find them, they might have information that can help figure out the source of the problem.
That said, admin crafting shouldn't be a problem.
(07-30-2016, 05:16 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]She did that already. Completely wiped the game and all settings/mods etc she knew the whereabouts of and still didn't get it. At the moment she's mad at me over something else, maybe later though I'll poke through appdata on her machine and see if she missed a spot or something. Everyone forgets to chek %appdata%

There have been multiple problems with 1.0 startup for some people. I suggest checking the forums to see the various possible fixes, if there are any.

We got it fixed. Turns out she was somehow missing an important system file.

I transplanted the offending file from my laptop to hers since they both have the same OS, and we were able to get the 32-bit version of the game to run at least.

The 64-bit version still won't run on her machine, it doesn't even make it to the splash screen.

Either way, we're in a multiplayer together right now. Retrieved the corium a little while ago and reached the outpost, so now we're getting equipment together to visit the Erchius mining facility.
(07-31-2016, 04:14 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]

We got it fixed. Turns out she was somehow missing an important system file.

I transplanted the offending file from my laptop to hers since they both have the same OS, and we were able to get the 32-bit version of the game to run at least.

The 64-bit version still won't run on her machine, it doesn't even make it to the splash screen.

Either way, we're in a multiplayer together right now. Retrieved the corium a little while ago and reached the outpost, so now we're getting equipment together to visit the Erchius mining facility.

Good luck.
Y'know, now that 1.0's out we should make a Nexus 1.0.ehksX server.
Maybe make it light roleplay or something (i.e. not walls and walls of text, especially since Planet Chat is gone) to spice things up a little.
Add a few good mods, but not too many. All build together on one relatively small but nice planet, making our own colony.
'Course that would require people who're interested. And I don't know how many of those there are.
(07-31-2016, 04:43 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2016, 04:14 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]We got it fixed. Turns out she was somehow missing an important system file.

Good luck.
Maybe make it light roleplay or something (i.e. not walls and walls of text, especially since Planet Chat is gone) to spice things up a little.
Add a few good mods, but not too many. All build together on one relatively small but nice planet, making our own colony.
'Course that would require people who're interested. And I don't know how many of those there are.
Didn't this group have a server, I heard somewhere that it got shut down because nobody used it.
(07-31-2016, 05:15 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2016, 04:43 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck.
Didn't this group have a server, I heard somewhere that it got shut down because nobody used it.

Yeah, back in the Koala days. It was reasonably active for a little while (at least a few people were regulars) but kind of died off, then really died off. Then the Giraffe updates happened. Then I think it was revived but nobody played it. Then it died. Then 1.0 happened. And here we are.
(07-31-2016, 04:43 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2016, 04:14 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]We got it fixed. Turns out she was somehow missing an important system file.

Good luck.

I still have to draw that megaman Ehks thing, also yeah the starbound server thing I suggest we keep it full vanilla? Or atlteast until I can finish my mechanian mod revival then we can have all the custom races and maybe all those other stuff.
(07-31-2016, 05:33 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2016, 04:43 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck.

I still have to draw that megaman Ehks thing, also yeah the starbound server thing I suggest we keep it full vanilla? Or atlteast until I can finish my mechanian mod revival then we can have all the custom races and maybe all those other stuff.

Could start with Vanilla... Maybe use some graphical mods. Stuff like Starface, Novakid+, Detailed Species, Colorbound - stuff that only alters graphics or character creation options.

AH! Just started Starbound through Steam and went on a character and it auto-unlocked all the achievments I missed from not having Steam open.
Anyone know the music that plays during the Hylotl mission? I love that music.
(07-31-2016, 05:52 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2016, 05:33 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]I still have to draw that megaman Ehks thing, also yeah the starbound server thing I suggest we keep it full vanilla? Or atlteast until I can finish my mechanian mod revival then we can have all the custom races and maybe all those other stuff.

Could start with Vanilla... Maybe use some graphical mods. Stuff like Starface, Novakid+, Detailed Species, Colorbound - stuff that only alters graphics or character creation options.

AH! Just started Starbound through Steam and went on a character and it auto-unlocked all the achievments I missed from not having Steam open.
client side stuff, more or less, and yeah the achievement thing does happen, especially the maze bound one, once beaten you have to exit the UI then reenter it to unlock the achivement.
(07-31-2016, 06:15 AM)Comito Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know the music that plays during the Hylotl mission? I love that music.

It's called The Deep.

At least I'm pretty certain this is it. Unless they changed it. In which case I don't recall what the new track is.
http://www.msn.com/en-my/news/national/hup-seng-defends-ping-pong-crackers-against-video-claim/ar-BBv2Qjm?li=BBr8Hnu
you dense mother fuckers, all polymers will burn once it reached it's activation energy, especially starch and carbohydrates. Remember that science/chemistry/biology experiement that we use to calculate the caloric value of certain food types guess what we did, we burn the food sample to generate heat to heat up the water to calculate the energy release of the food sample.
[Image: M4A4-AMX-13-latrun-2.jpg]
apperently you can put a AMX-13's turret on a M4's hull

(07-31-2016, 08:03 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]

nordic/viking more likely, seen one more armored in viking like gear
[Image: F9F5E7749270CD092444E736DA07706EBC915BCA]
also umby reks is official now