Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oi. I'm standing right here.
(07-12-2016, 02:53 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Oi. I'm standing right here.

and sometimes I can still hear the voices of former members
You should talk to somebody about that, sounds unhealthy.
boy, that joke just flew right past you, didnt it?

(07-12-2016, 02:32 PM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote: [ -> ]oh right this place is still a thing
hello

Hi.
(07-12-2016, 03:47 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]

Put dispenser here.

I hate spies. I usually was engi, spies are my mortal nemesis.
[Image: d86db55d39a5c7579706b3e456babb48.png]
After 10 minutes of waiting.
[Image: bsAbFnk.gif]
I am not allowed to play TF2 anymore.
(07-12-2016, 04:48 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2016, 03:47 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]-that joke I found on tumblr-

Put dispenser here.

Maybe you should try a more agressive playstyle since no team member help you to protect your setup why you should support them, ninjaneer with the hidden teleporter and eurika effect or the gunslinger combat engi, I'm not sure how mucb they've changed the short circuit but I think you still can be annoying with it.

(07-12-2016, 04:58 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]I am not allowed to play TF2 anymore.

How so?
OH SHIT SON
[Image: bb87723842c0239aa2a13397b31bc2f2.jpg]
[Image: a0bc400c4ce8908ae851bb431d332724.jpg]
[Image: aRdtl1F.gif]
edit: we got instantly wiped by the wave 3 boss. twice. RIP
(07-12-2016, 05:15 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2016, 04:48 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Put dispenser here.

Maybe you should try a more agressive playstyle since no team member help you to protect your setup why you should support them, ninjaneer with the hidden teleporter and eurika effect or the gunslinger combat engi, I'm not sure how mucb they've changed the short circuit but I think you still can be annoying with it.

Engi is the only class I am any good at. And I'm downright mean about it too, such as putting my full setup in an almost perfect chokepoint where you can't get to me without getting shot at.

Usually after I get about 10 kills this way, 3-4 people on the other team respawn as spy and proceed to gank the crap out of me for it. Its funny how rage inducing I can be as engi, but then it sucks cause its no fun when I just get killed over and over.
Here's another webcomic for you guys. It has mice.

http://www.scurrycomic.com/
holy shIT THEY REVEALED ANA

I will definitely learn how to play her.
You know what would be interesting? Seeing a spacecraft have a maneuvering system like a harrier with a central engine with nozzles for thrust.

It'd allow for incredibly effective omnidirectional thrust but might not offer much more efficiency, and cause a lot of heat buildup depending on how far the thrust must travel.

Maybe nozzles mounted on 2 45 degree swivels fixed directly on engines pointing port and starboard, no need for rcs if supported with reaction wheels or something similar, might be issues with oversaturation eventually, be amusing to see a ship involuntarily barrel roll to desaturate.

A battle cruiser moving like a light frigate, heheheh.
So a larger scale Tecarian thrust vent system? a network of external vents angle exhaust from the power core to generate directional thrust and maneuver the strike craft without any input from the main drive(s).

Of course that makes it sound way more sophisticated than it actually is, only larger or transatmospheric craft have any true "main drives" because the modest output possible from just the fusion core is sufficient for most fighters.
the issue with the design only further highlights the issues of cost to effectiveness.  Omnidirectional thrust still takes just as long to slow down, and has issues with being easy to cripple even by standards of one directional boost.  So unless it's on something tiny like a fighter craft.  It's going to be even more costly, less trustworthy, harder to fly, and easier to kill.
Omnidirectional thrust?

If this is using propellant of any kind, absolutely disgusting from an engineering standpoint. You waste a TON of fuel operating a main engine at all, but then trying to divert its exhaust sideways in any way results in the center of thrust not being aligned with the center of mass- and a craft that just wants to spin uncontrollably.

Discrete thruster components are a far better solution because then you only burn exactly as much fuel as you need to do the job, and can align these thrusters such that the center of thrust is always concentric with the center of mass so that the craft moves in the direction you want it to without requiring counter-thrust to balance it or compensate for it.

And that's not even considering the mass or complexity of the plumbing needed to divert hot exhaust at steel-melting temperatures through a ship that is already struggling to get rid of heat so that it can come out in the correct location to avoid sending the craft into an uncontrolled spiral. 

Now if you're using a propellantless thruster like the one NASA is playing with, then yes you could make omnidirectional thrust by simply mounting the thruster unit in a way that it can rotate in all 3 axis of motion and push the ship in any direction you want. Combine that with reaction wheels to orient the thruster relative to the ship, and you can fly or rotate in any direction at any time.
I think my graphics card is dying. Slowly everything is getting a purplish tint
Okay a bit of change of topic from space flight to ground armor,
[Image: Merkva%2520Mk3BAZ%2520armour.png]
I'm not entirely sure this is modern composite armor, just slabs of other armor plates inside a metal casing? I also heard some turret armor were like half of the front part is just either solid block of metal armor or atleast kinda like the one above

(07-12-2016, 11:35 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]I think my graphics card is dying. Slowly everything is getting a purplish tint

That might be just your VGA cable, seen this happen a few time on poorly connected projectors