Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-06-2016, 08:34 PM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2016, 07:46 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]kC, stahp! You're 30 pages early!
never too early for kinky art.

Soooo... Basically, we should extend 169?

Welp, Starbound Forums are down, and no official source has acknowledged it yet.
I do hope it gets fixed before late tonight :/
[Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: hfHV2NB.png][Image: lM5jBew.png][Image: vQfjTBR.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: yFiLw4i.png][Image: 8n1yVaz.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: mPlvGQt.png][Image: hfHV2NB.png][Image: yFiLw4i.png][Image: vQfjTBR.png][Image: 0Cpyl6O.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: sy0TAIP.png][Image: lM5jBew.png][Image: OntV750.png][Image: hfHV2NB.png][Image: MWK1FJG.png][Image: WqdgCZF.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: uCByXK7.png][Image: vQfjTBR.png][Image: lM5jBew.png][Image: vQfjTBR.png][Image: jcZew0n.png]
(08-07-2016, 04:19 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ][Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: hfHV2NB.png][Image: lM5jBew.png][Image: vQfjTBR.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: yFiLw4i.png][Image: 8n1yVaz.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: mPlvGQt.png][Image: hfHV2NB.png][Image: yFiLw4i.png][Image: vQfjTBR.png][Image: 0Cpyl6O.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: sy0TAIP.png][Image: lM5jBew.png][Image: OntV750.png][Image: hfHV2NB.png][Image: MWK1FJG.png][Image: WqdgCZF.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: uCByXK7.png][Image: vQfjTBR.png][Image: lM5jBew.png][Image: vQfjTBR.png][Image: jcZew0n.png]

[Image: Nkx2nRj.gif]
(08-07-2016, 04:19 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ][Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: hfHV2NB.png][Image: lM5jBew.png][Image: vQfjTBR.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: yFiLw4i.png][Image: 8n1yVaz.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: mPlvGQt.png][Image: hfHV2NB.png][Image: yFiLw4i.png][Image: vQfjTBR.png][Image: 0Cpyl6O.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: sy0TAIP.png][Image: lM5jBew.png][Image: OntV750.png][Image: hfHV2NB.png][Image: MWK1FJG.png][Image: WqdgCZF.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: uCByXK7.png][Image: vQfjTBR.png][Image: lM5jBew.png][Image: vQfjTBR.png][Image: jcZew0n.png]

(08-07-2016, 05:02 AM)Comito Wrote: [ -> ][Image: Nkx2nRj.gif]

(08-07-2016, 05:05 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]Snip

AGH I HATE GETTING REMINDERS THAT THESE EXIST.
I mean asides from the great many dank memes they've generated.
The only positive contribution by the CD-i games.
Assuming one considers that a positive...
(08-07-2016, 05:08 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2016, 05:02 AM)Comito Wrote: [ -> ]-bbbssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 'bwop'-

--bbbssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 'bwop'-

(08-07-2016, 05:05 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]Snip

AGH I HATE GETTING REMINDERS THAT THESE EXIST.
I mean asides from the great many dank memes they've generated.
The only positive contribution by the CD-i games.
Assuming one considers that a positive...
also the youtube poops, some of them mediocre but some are awesome and greatly made
What?

manslayer strikes again
High levels of madness detected.

Adding extra fuel to fire:
https://youtu.be/HpVU6w_7fBk
*searches for a macross related mod for starbound on chucklefish forums*
*instead links back to the old nexus threads because constant mentions of the word macross*
guess I got into macross subconsciously is because of the nexus afterall, damn you guys and your subliminal messaging
What's you opinions on No Mans Sky?
The lack of knowledge on nuclear physics in this area astounds me.

NUCLEAR REACTORS AND BOMBS ARE ON THE EXACT OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE SPECTRUM.
Reactors strive to be just barely critical for a long time, bombs try to become as intensely critical as quickly as possible.

Reactors don't explode, steam filled pipes explode and sling radioactive material everywhere sometimes, a reactor by design is unable to go supercritical and the amount of safety systems is mind boggling, so far as to have core dumping that lets the whige hot material expand into a sub critical state and cool off.
(08-08-2016, 12:13 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]The lack of knowledge on nuclear physics in this area astounds me.

Reactors strive to be just barely critical for a long time, bombs try to become as intensely critical as quickly as possible.

Reactors don't explode, steam filled pipes explode and sling radioactive material everywhere sometimes, a reactor by design is unable to go supercritical and the amount of safety systems is mind boggling, so far as to have core dumping that lets the whige hot material expand into a sub critical state and cool off.

Actually fusion reactors are capable of exploding, just not going nuclear. If punctured quickly enough the reactor core will explosively decompress.
(08-08-2016, 12:19 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2016, 12:13 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]The lack of knowledge on nuclear physics in this area astounds me.

Actually fusion reactors are capable of exploding, just not going nuclear. If punctured quickly enough the reactor core will explosively decompress.
Fusion can blow. Fusion also is really really fucking radioactive, makes fission seem like a joke. Shame the current only way we know to stop radiation is massive objects, as in lots of atoms.

I've held yellow cake uranium in a jar, if you eat it you die of heavy metal poisoning.

This stuff is fun to discuss tho.
(08-07-2016, 06:36 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]What's you opinions on No Mans Sky?

Wait, has it been released?
(08-08-2016, 12:31 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2016, 12:19 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Actually fusion reactors are capable of exploding, just not going nuclear. If punctured quickly enough the reactor core will explosively decompress.
Fusion can blow. Fusion also is really really fucking radioactive, makes fission seem like a joke. Shame the current only way we know to stop radiation is massive objects, as in lots of atoms.

I've held yellow cake uranium in a jar, if you eat it you die of heavy metal poisoning.

This stuff is fun to discuss tho.
HEAVY fusion is radioactive. Light fusion is not.
Unfortunately light fusion is even more impossible than regular fusion.
(08-08-2016, 12:43 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2016, 06:36 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]What's you opinions on No Mans Sky?

Wait, has it been released?

Not yet sadly. In don't know when it will be released. But the idea of a procedurally generated universe is cool. That means that we could find our own solar system.
(08-08-2016, 01:13 AM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2016, 12:43 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, has it been released?

Not yet sadly. In don't know when it will be released. But the idea of a procedurally generated universe is cool. That means that we could find our own solar system.
Elite: Dangerous technically already has a generated universe roughly the size of the actual Milky Way. It also currently has an ARG that is building up to an alien invasion.

Elite has or is going to have most of the things that NMS is boasting actually. Surface operations have been in early access for Elite for some time now, and Frontier are a well equipped studio with a lot of passion (imo) for their games. NMS will be a much more "pure" exploration experience though, ED right now has lots of awe inspiring stellar bodies (a gas giant with rings wider than it is for one example) and good hard-ish space combat, but exploring planets is very basic right now.
[Image: sjgmmyI.jpg]

Where does the money for this keep coming from
(08-08-2016, 05:28 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]Where does the money for this keep coming from

She stabs people for it, obviously.