Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sangz

[Image: 0d748bdc594dafb7d27d12f1d2d59a75.png]
Oh okay I see, it wasn't enough that I need an EPP to collect fuel at all, I have to do it while fleeing an immortal murderghost
(09-03-2016, 10:40 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 0d748bdc594dafb7d27d12f1d2d59a75.png]
Oh okay I see, it wasn't enough that I need an EPP to collect fuel at all, I have to do it while fleeing an immortal murderghost
Oh yeah.

The more fuel you have the faster it gets.
[Image: acb54541b922da5ac3d7ba11060c1031.png]
wow that took forever, I'll bet I got a lot of titanium and tungsten-
[Image: 2e072b488a1e2d3c898e6739d6301d9b.png]
[Image: JKuBw66.gif]
This game is gonna give me an ulcer
(09-03-2016, 10:40 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 0d748bdc594dafb7d27d12f1d2d59a75.png]

Not only that, but its unkillable.

My solution is to avoid the solid crystals. Make a series of tubes to pool the liquid fuel into gigantic lakes that you can quickly suck up lots of and then teleport out before the murderghost gets to you.

I was able to get full tanks of fuel for my ship and my wife's ship fairly easily that way.
(09-04-2016, 12:07 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]

My solution is to avoid the solid crystals. Make a series of tubes to pool the liquid fuel into gigantic lakes that you can quickly suck up lots of and then teleport out before the murderghost gets to you.

I was able to get full tanks of fuel for my ship and my wife's ship fairly easily that way.
This sounds like hours of planning and digging
(09-04-2016, 12:14 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2016, 12:07 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Not only that, but its unkillable.

This sounds like hours of planning and digging

Not the case at all. Leeroy Jenkins here we go. Falling with style, surrounded by liquid and slightly toxic rocket fuel.

When you get a good sized lake of it, suck it up with the matter manipulator and bail out to the safety of your ship.
(09-03-2016, 11:59 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: acb54541b922da5ac3d7ba11060c1031.png]
wow that took forever, I'll bet I got a lot of titanium and tungsten-
[Image: 2e072b488a1e2d3c898e6739d6301d9b.png]
[Image: JKuBw66.gif]
This game is gonna give me an ulcer

My suggestion is don't bother digging shafts at all. Find a cave and just follow it, picking up anything on the walls or background.
I don't think it even matters how deep you get, the yields seem to stay pretty much the same except for gold and diamond and such.
I get more ore than I need at all that way.
[Image: SQZ8Tw2.png]
*tries to think up a lore-friendly name for an Avali OC*
*Uber is currently failing at thinking up a proper name*
...Uh, advice, please?
(09-04-2016, 12:07 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]

THAT'S BRILLIANT!
(09-04-2016, 02:56 AM)UberCatSR Wrote: [ -> ]*tries to think up a lore-friendly name for an Avali OC*
...Uh, advice, please?
I recall ryuu saying that they won't use a lot of hard vowels or something. Basically i and e will be common vowels while o and u much less so.
(09-04-2016, 02:56 AM)UberCatSR Wrote: [ -> ]*tries to think up a lore-friendly name for an Avali OC*
...Uh, advice, please?

Considering that lore now states definitively that Avali have a wide plethora of languages (despite that not making a lot of sense in some cases...) it could really be just about anything. I'd take Surge's advice. I can't recall the naming conventions too well at the moment, but if you're really stuck you could open up Starbound with Triage and use the random name generator to get a better idea of what Avali names tend to look like.
(09-04-2016, 02:40 AM)Comito Wrote: [ -> ][Image: SQZ8Tw2.png]

This looks almost exactly like something from SS13, please tell me it is from Spess, "GREYTIDE STATIONWIDE!"

And you can kill the erchius ghost, you just need lava and the mobility to kite it around in a circle. I like just skimming the planets surface and mining as I go, the ghost has to be kissing you to kill quickly.
(09-04-2016, 04:31 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]And you can kill the erchius ghost, you just need lava and the mobility to kite it around in a circle. I like just skimming the planets surface and mining as I go, the ghost has to be kissing you to kill quickly.

Actually the devs already patched it. No one is safe now...

(09-04-2016, 03:37 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I recall ryuu saying that they won't use a lot of hard vowels or something. Basically i and e will be common vowels while o and u much less so.
(09-04-2016, 04:09 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Considering that lore now states definitively that Avali have a wide plethora of languages (despite that not making a lot of sense in some cases...) it could really be just about anything. I'd take Surge's advice. I can't recall the naming conventions too well at the moment, but if you're really stuck you could open up Starbound with Triage and use the random name generator to get a better idea of what Avali names tend to look like.
Thank you both for advice! Still nothing as of now, but it is easier for my brain now, and therefore I can predict faster results ^^
(09-04-2016, 04:31 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2016, 02:40 AM)Comito Wrote: [ -> ][Image: SQZ8Tw2.png]

This looks almost exactly like something from SS13

because it is

also can't kill erichus ghost with lava any more. they patched that.
I really hope Erchius in general gets more spotlight in the future...
I mean, it's one of the few legitimate mysteries left that wasn't butchered or removed from the pre-overhaul lore.
The volcano gods have abandoned us, we truly are doomed.

I really need to play some more SS13, somehow convince the chemist to give the clown cleaner grenades and watch as the HoS trips and is promptly mobbed by 4+ assistants. Or I could recreate the buttbot army.
So here's an interesting thing that is apparently happening.
Star Trek Online has been a thing for over 6 years now, and they have announced a partnership with a 3D printing company that will allow them to offer players 12" miniatures of any of their owned ships with all of that player's personal customization applied to the print.
Now they haven't revealed anything about actual prices or availability yet, this may be only a very expensive and limited run thing, but it's an incredibly cool concept all the same, as the prints look to be of reasonably high quality.
[Image: 356d809a56d7f4e916caa2d06ed8703e1472699450.jpg]