Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-04-2016, 04:40 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]At that point its a totally different vehicle with the plane clamped into it to provide controls.

Does the cockpit even pressurize enough to handle deep vacuum operation? I would expect it to leak pretty badly, if it doesn't outright burst from exceeding its pressure ratings.

suppose to, I mean with the whole space war thing with UN Spacy and Zentradi(honestly Spacy is still a bit better than Cosmo force)
So HBS released the first gameplay footage of Battletech today.

[VOMIT INTENSIFIES]
Youtube changed the layout when you're looking at a channel page...
OH MY GODS THIS IS DISGUSTING.
The banner takes up far too much space now, the tabs take up far too much space now, the avatar and subscriber count take up far too much space now, the page loads 10x slower than before, and on the Videos tab you have to scroll to see all but one row of videos now.

Thank some dark Eldritch being that there's a aptly-iconed "restore classic youtube" button in the bottom left in the shape of a Fire Exit or something.

...Interesting. The option to switch back doesn't revert upon closing the browser and/or deleting cookies. Either they're storing a file somewhere in the browser or it goes by IP...
well this is annoying, it seems that I've stopped receiving emails from one of my email through something like an outlook application(not to be mistaken as mobile app)/windows live mail 2012 anymore.....I dont have whole day keep logging in and out of accounts to check emails on the browser damnit
https://gfycat.com/LividMintyCopepod
I'm pretty sure that's the Russian space agency's plan for a reusable rocket
(08-05-2016, 01:57 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ][Image: vjjmHU4.png]
how it got that weather pattern
I wonder if space junk is still a weather.
I dunno, but the asteroid belts remind me of a Sonic 3 bonus stage.
oh c'mon did all of you missed the joke? the two moons aligned like a pair of butt cheeks, hence the 'moon'?
(08-05-2016, 02:33 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]oh c'mon did all of you missed the joke? the two moons aligned like a pair of butt cheeks, hence the 'moon'?
I just see an 8
I'm just gonna drop this here
[Image: tumblr_obc6eePUcp1uflnsqo1_540.png]
Alpha don't murder the thread
I just wanted to lay out these thoughts somewhere concrete.
(08-06-2016, 12:05 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
I just wanted to lay out these thoughts somewhere concrete.
I like what was used in the syfy show "The Expanse" where it's basically nasa with less clench on the use of fuel. If a ship is trying to make rendezvous you'll see it from the main nozzles being pointed in your general direction. You need to plot a course that factors in GRAVITY so high g maneuvers require you to strap shit down and get pumped full of anti crush juice.
What say you about most sci fi settings with advanced spacefaring tech just seem to have an almost complete ignorance to gravity and inertia.

You CANNOT travel in straight lines in a solar system, unless you want to use a hundred or times more fuel than needed.

Why do proposed flights to mars take years? Because for every pound of fuel you use to accelerate you need to carry another pound to decelerate which means bring more to accelerate because so far the only way we know how to move in space... is basically like trying to propel a gun with recoil.

Did I mention the part where every ounce of weight adds to an exponential decay in fuel efficiency?

Did I mention that I learned a lot of this from Scott Manley and Kerbal Space Program?
(08-06-2016, 03:16 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]What say you about most sci fi settings with advanced spacefaring tech just seem to have an almost complete ignorance to gravity and inertia.

You CANNOT travel in straight lines in a solar system, unless you want to use a hundred or times more fuel than needed.

Why do proposed flights to mars take years? Because for every pound of fuel you use to accelerate you need to carry another pound to decelerate which means bring more to accelerate because so far the only way we know how to move in space... is basically like trying to propel a gun with recoil.

Did I mention the part where every ounce of weight adds to an exponential decay in fuel efficiency?

Did I mention that I learned a lot of this from Scott Manley and Kerbal Space Program?

I didn't say anything about a straight line, the minute maneuvers of accounting for gravity aren't really worth mentioning 9/10 anyways. it's not like you'll be doing fucking laps around anything, especially if there's something like the Frame Shift Drive in play which allows you to literally cut a straight path between A and B with 0 regard for any obstacles in local space smaller than a large asteroid.

If you want to travel between planets with current NASA tech you're a special kind of masochistic, even jumping 10 years into the future and you can suspension of disbelief to slap EM drives on or something where fuel becomes a virtual non-issue. You generally need to assume more effective thrust generation and weight savings than we currently have to make interplanetary travel seem practical even if you don't eliminate chem thrusters though.

Kerbal is very good for the trials and tribulations of a fledgling space program and Scott Manley knows his space shit, but only so much of either can be applied to science FICTION because you can't get away with providing your own version of the future without employing the suspension of disbelief. Even if you write your story using nothing but purely modern tech, you are still calling on the suspension of disbelief by telling the reader that things happened this way to make things the way they are, when in reality that same thing could very well go that way.
(08-05-2016, 11:31 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Alpha don't murder the thread

!!!
Okay even though we lifted it this is important, no one else knows I was Alpha except the old members, EXPLAIN
(08-06-2016, 04:24 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2016, 11:31 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Alpha don't murder the thread

!!!
Okay even though we lifted it this is important, no one else knows I was Alpha except the old members, EXPLAIN

At this point I'm beginning to think he does this on purpose to mess with the Super Conspiracy Tinfoil Hat Squad.
Either [[CONSPIRACIES]] or he's seen others call you Alpha and decided to roll with it.
(08-06-2016, 05:42 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2016, 04:24 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]!!!

At this point I'm beginning to think he does this on purpose to mess with the Super Conspiracy Tinfoil Hat Squad.
Either [[CONSPIRACIES]] or he's seen others call you Alpha and decided to roll with it.

no one else calls me that anymore especially since here