Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-13-2016, 01:29 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2016, 01:23 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]isnt the hallow ceramic honey comb atleast what I heard of in chobham armor also a passive armor?(I'm pretty sure active armor is something like reactive plates? where passive is well just the metal plate/structure)

Well Chobham is built on the idea that the ceramic under the steel will shatter violently when penetrated, then the shrapnel will disrupt the flow of the HEAT jet and thus preventing it from penetrating the second plate.

I wont say makes sense but rather interesting way to disrupt HEAT penetration almost like ERA in the main armor except it didnt explode in a fiery...explosion, and since the ceramic layer is in possible modules, I guess penning the same area with HEAT twice/3 will penetrate the armor?

(07-13-2016, 01:34 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:blah blah engineering blah
I UNDERSTAND NONE OF THIS.

shhhhsshhh, engineers at work discussion

*while reading about chobham armor*
"During the second Iraq war in 2003, a Challenger 2 tank became stuck in a ditch while fighting in Basra against Iraqi forces. The crew remained safe inside for many hours, the composite Chobham 2 armour protecting them from enemy fire, including rocket propelled grenades."
what's the best 'you see Ivan' joke to use on this statement?

the more you know,
[Image: leo2a413.gif]
modern tanks have more empty spaced than their WWII counterpart and those empty spaces are for composite plates and epoxy/resin/rubber fillings
(07-13-2016, 01:34 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:blah blah engineering blah
I UNDERSTAND NONE OF THIS.

(07-12-2016, 02:32 PM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote: [ -> ]oh right this place is still a thing
hello
Ohai.

(07-12-2016, 11:35 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]I think my graphics card is dying. Slowly everything is getting a purplish tint
Good. It is beginning to take effect.
Did you try turning it off and on again? That always* works.
*Dramatization.
That didn't work, and strangely enough, the blood offering to The ancient ones didn't work either.
*did not actually preform blood offering*
(07-12-2016, 02:32 PM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote: [ -> ]oh right this place is still a thing
hello

banned
(07-13-2016, 04:32 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]
hello

banned

Ehks, what did we said about playing around an inflatable ban hammer with a squeaker

[Image: Linked-Ammo-1911.jpg]
you see Ivan
(07-13-2016, 04:36 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2016, 04:32 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]banned

Ehks, what did we said about playing around an inflatable ban hammer with a squeaker

~snip~
you see Ivan

But where do the chinks end up?  Stuck in the back of the firing chamber probably.  Meaning you'd only get one or two shots anyways.

Also on the point of the ball bearings. Surface area and reduced resistance in certain areas to give the force somewhere relatively safe to go. Meaning that the ball bearings keep it strong and act as an insulater, a crumple zone, and a redirector of force at the same time on the cheap.

Ever put a two balls between two planes before? Simple ideology, do it for a bit and you'd begin to see a few additional latent capabilities, including armor damage causing the surrounding sections of the armor to become stronger, acting like the human body to a broken bone.
(07-13-2016, 05:28 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2016, 04:36 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]Ehks, what did we said about playing around an inflatable ban hammer with a squeaker

~snip~
you see Ivan

But where do the chinks end up?  Stuck in the back of the firing chamber probably.  Meaning you'd only get one or two shots anyways.
actually the belt could be just stuck in the mag well thus the weapon wont fire at all since there's no bullet in the chanber
(07-13-2016, 05:32 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2016, 05:28 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]But where do the chinks end up?  Stuck in the back of the firing chamber probably.  Meaning you'd only get one or two shots anyways.
actually the belt could be just stuck in the mag well thus the weapon wont fire at all since there's no bullet in the chanber

In order for it to even stay there they'd need to have the first round chambered otherwise it's just glued or taped in the magazine slot.  It's just a mess to even think about.  Though there have been a couple oddities of people trying to create miniaturized belt fed SMGs/MPs, it's a history of messy halfassing due to the latent jamming issues of an SMG's fast cyclic rate and light bolt.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUvCfAmm663hqnSiNnc1P...eKL7UFCxyA]
This isnt the smartest idea but still an idea never the less
So I guess the new hero is just basically a crossbow medic with a scope
I'm just gonna leave this here
[Image: dc58a51f613c53f2ef0ffc1898ec495afcc426fc...bcbf_1.jpg]
(07-13-2016, 06:22 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUvCfAmm663hqnSiNnc1P...eKL7UFCxyA]

just set an LMG up for single fire and you already have a weapon with such capability.
(07-13-2016, 10:22 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2016, 06:22 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUvCfAmm663hqnSiNnc1P...eKL7UFCxyA]

just set an LMG up for single fire and you already have a weapon with such capability.

but, bolt action=more damage(VG logic)
So I've accomplished my rudimentary VR headset. Next step: head strap.

(07-13-2016, 10:34 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2016, 10:22 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]just set an LMG up for single fire and you already have a weapon with such capability.

but, bolt action=more damage(VG logic)

Also, I made this a thing in MGSVTPP. It works surprisingly well; it can kill infantry in one bodyshot, and can knock down heavy infantry. Hell, I even fought that one Metal Gear that that one kid uses with it.
8X scope on the gauss saw in planetside 2.

video games are more interested in "balance" than realism. That's why SMGs do such shit damage even when they're firing .45 in a lot of games. Including every single world war two game's thompson SMG compared to the 1911 in the same game always doing less than a third the damage. The M1 Garand doing moderate damage but despite firing the same round as the Springfield doing only about half the damage. And then the B.A.R.'s even worse, even though it still also used 30-06.

Same thing has always applied to spears in video games as well. Nerfed for "balance".
I love how no fandom is immune from "gen wun" style purists.
there's like 3-4 guys in this battletech thread bitching about how customization and actually competent in-verse engineering completely ruined the franchise.
(07-12-2016, 10:48 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Omnidirectional thrust?

If this is using propellant of any kind, absolutely disgusting from an engineering standpoint. You waste a TON of fuel operating a main engine at all, but then trying to divert its exhaust sideways in any way results in the center of thrust not being aligned with the center of mass- and a craft that just wants to spin uncontrollably.

Discrete thruster components are a far better solution because then you only burn exactly as much fuel as you need to do the job, and can align these thrusters such that the center of thrust is always concentric with the center of mass so that the craft moves in the direction you want it to without requiring counter-thrust to balance it or compensate for it.

And that's not even considering the mass or complexity of the plumbing needed to divert hot exhaust at steel-melting temperatures through a ship that is already struggling to get rid of heat so that it can come out in the correct location to avoid sending the craft into an uncontrolled spiral. 

Now if you're using a propellantless thruster like the one NASA is playing with, then yes you could make omnidirectional thrust by simply mounting the thruster unit in a way that it can rotate in all 3 axis of motion and push the ship in any direction you want. Combine that with reaction wheels to orient the thruster relative to the ship, and you can fly or rotate in any direction at any time.

Thanks for crushing my idea...

It's just an idea that's not fleshed out. I'd love to take the time to come up with a proper reply like actually mounting the combustion chamber on the swivel or using thrust control and reaction wheels linked to an inertial computer for control...

But this forum just feels strange to use with long gaps of no activity.

I think I'm more interested in a skype or discord setup, even if it has mostly different members, those programs at least are better on mobile.

Anyone got anything?
[Image: 8ZGODnF.jpg]
Let's not talk about that.
(07-13-2016, 08:20 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]So I guess the new hero is just basically a crossbow medic with a scope

Nope. Kinda, but nope.
Yes, the shots have properties like the Crusader's Crossbow. Her abilities are a Reinhardt ult for one person and a grenade that heals her allies and prevents the healing of her enemies.
Her ult, however, is every vaccinator uber, melee resistance, a kritzkrieg uber, and a speed boost applied in the same way as Zenyatta's orbs.
(07-13-2016, 03:42 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 8ZGODnF.jpg]
Touchy.
(07-13-2016, 06:32 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2016, 03:42 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 8ZGODnF.jpg]
Touchy.

The Sk**e Gr**p is sort of a touchy subject for some.
And we don't have a discord. At least I don't think we have a Discord.
Do we have a Discord?