Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-10-2017, 05:50 PM)Flarezerker Wrote: [ -> ]Just popping back in to say hi, I guess.

Hello again.
Still hardly any snow, but damn it got cold really fast.
(12-13-2017, 01:00 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Still hardly any snow, but damn it got cold really fast.

It's snowed here five times now.  And melted the day after every time.  Even after it snowed four inches a few days ago.  It's rather odd for where I live.  Points to it being another....  Crazy year.

Been up to engineering stuff, or that mostly limited to warm months only?
not snowing, c'mon UK and even parts of mexico is snowing
(12-13-2017, 03:20 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2017, 01:00 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Still hardly any snow, but damn it got cold really fast.

It's snowed here five times now.  And melted the day after every time.  Even after it snowed four inches a few days ago.  It's rather odd for where I live.  Points to it being another....  Crazy year.

I'm always tinkering with something. The latest being bitcoin trading bots. Someday soon that price is going to plunge, and when it does I want a trade bot ready to sell my holdings and escape with the money.

This time of year the steam engine is drained and dried out inside to protect it from rust and freezing weather. Some repairs can be done, but when its cold outside I really don't want to be out there reaching into ice cold machinery taking it apart. Would be a different story if the owner had a heated shed to keep it in, but alas his budget is ultimately finite.
(12-13-2017, 09:09 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2017, 03:20 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]It's snowed here five times now.  And melted the day after every time.  Even after it snowed four inches a few days ago.  It's rather odd for where I live.  Points to it being another....  Crazy year.

I'm always tinkering with something. The latest being bitcoin trading bots. Someday soon that price is going to plunge, and when it does I want a trade bot ready to sell my holdings and escape with the money.

This time of year the steam engine is drained and dried out inside to protect it from rust and freezing weather. Some repairs can be done, but when its cold outside I really don't want to be out there reaching into ice cold machinery taking it apart. Would be a different story if the owner had a heated shed to keep it in, but alas his budget is ultimately finite.

Could always build one for on the cheap.  (relatively speaking)  But money does get in the way of a lot of things, that steam engine is a real beauty though.

Bitcoins are essentially energy credits from Stellaris due to how they've worked in the past.  Following the price of electricity so closely and being the only currency that goes beyond governmental structure.  Even if it is experimental.
(12-13-2017, 11:00 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Bitcoins are essentially energy credits from Stellaris due to how they've worked in the past.  Following the price of electricity so closely and being the only currency that goes beyond governmental structure.  Even if it is experimental.

Now that would be incredible, and very much against the workings of entropy and thermodynamics.

A device which could recover the energy consumed making bitcoins and release it again as electricity.

You would end up turning it into something totally unrelated- a nearly infinite energy storage solution...

Too bad Physics regarding that says eww no.
(12-14-2017, 08:38 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2017, 11:00 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Bitcoins are essentially energy credits from Stellaris due to how they've worked in the past.  Following the price of electricity so closely and being the only currency that goes beyond governmental structure.  Even if it is experimental.

Now that would be incredible, and very much against the workings of entropy and thermodynamics.

A device which could recover the energy consumed making bitcoins and release it again as electricity.

You would end up turning it into something totally unrelated- a nearly infinite energy storage solution...

Too bad Physics regarding that says eww no.

Too bad that's the case then.  Heh.  Would be interesting to see something like that finally pop up for real anyhow.  Something related to nanotech, and I don't mean tiny robots.  Hmm, fun to think about for a bit at least.
Sooo how are you all doing?
Merry Christmas to those who celebrate, and a well wished day for those who do not.
You know i think you guys would like this game called cogmind
Its so quiet. The holidays ate up the people that were still coming here.
I hope its just the holidays
(01-01-2018, 08:12 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope its just the holidays

Me too.  Hope nobody is too freaked out about anything.
Probably is just the holidays disrupting people's habits. Happens every year.
(01-04-2018, 03:16 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Probably is just the holidays disrupting people's habits. Happens every year.

Hmm.  So, how've things been goin for you recently?  Been up to much?

Also.  How did moving to the new place turn out Austin?
Oh it's been going well, i like it where i moved, bit different than florida, it actually snows here.

Also reks sketched me.
[Image: unknown.png]
beep beep meow
(01-07-2018, 04:32 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh it's been going well, i like it where i moved, bit different than florida, it actually snows here.

Also reks sketched me.
[Image: unknown.png]

Somehow reminds me of brave fencer Musashi.  Looks good.

[Image: brave_musashi_conceptart_1hCDT.jpg]
[Image: 3TMKHyC.png]
beep

do I even need to say "not my art"?