Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-20-2016, 07:11 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2016, 06:50 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]the head is about average for my drawings so not really even chibi ^^;

I meant paper mario's art style, still your usual style is kinda chibi, but looks cute

oh XDD,

my usual style isn't that chibi. A Chibi is around 2 and 1/2 heads to 3 heads my art is generally 4-5 heads tall.

*kicks down door screaming*
(10-20-2016, 03:05 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]

this actually looks like a decent console, and here i was worried what it would end up being
(10-20-2016, 06:04 PM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2016, 03:05 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]:console reveal:

this actually looks like a decent console, and here i was worried what it would end up being

It does indeed look like a decent system, if it proves to be as good as presented in that video, i may look into buying one.
(10-20-2016, 06:32 PM)Tanis Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2016, 06:04 PM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]this actually looks like a decent console, and here i was worried what it would end up being

It does indeed look like a decent system, if it proves to be as good as presented in that video, i may look into buying one.

the on console screen might be 720p-900p from what I've heard, but the TV dock still could house some components that help render 1080p at 60fps, not sure, I'm not really a big fan of the slide switch though, seemes it will take a lot of ear and a potential breaking point
(10-20-2016, 06:47 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2016, 06:32 PM)Tanis Wrote: [ -> ]It does indeed look like a decent system, if it proves to be as good as presented in that video, i may look into buying one.

the on console screen might be 720p-900p from what I've heard, but the TV dock still could house some components that help render 1080p at 60fps, not sure, I'm not really a big fan of the slide switch though, seemes it will take a lot of ear and a potential breaking point

All fair points, and stuff i figured could be points of concern with the design; which is one reason why i'm in no rush to buy, im going to wait for it to come out and then see what people are saying about it a few months later.
(10-20-2016, 07:11 PM)Tanis Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2016, 06:47 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]the on console screen might be 720p-900p from what I've heard, but the TV dock still could house some components that help render 1080p at 60fps, not sure, I'm not really a big fan of the slide switch though, seemes it will take a lot of ear and a potential breaking point

All fair points, and stuff i figured could be points of concern with the design; which is one reason why i'm in no rush to buy, im going to wait for it to come out and then see what people are saying about it a few months later.

honestly how well it deals with damage will depend on the material, it looks like the screen itself is replaceable so even if it does you could get a new screen. the main issue is going to be battery life

Well then, this is exciting. A handheld/console hybrid with that much power...
Well... The Breath of the Wild gameplay looked kind of choppy on the small screen... Which is strange, because it looks like that's the whole console.

Probably gonna be prohibitively expensive and/or not as powerful as it looks, sadly.
...But Skyrim on a Nintendo system... A portable Nintendo system. That's dope or something, or would be if I could stand to play it without mods anymore.
(10-21-2016, 01:25 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]

Well then, this is exciting. A handheld/console hybrid with that much power...
Well... The Breath of the Wild gameplay looked kind of choppy on the small screen... Which is strange, because it looks like that's the whole console.

Probably gonna be prohibitively expensive and/or not as powerful as it looks, sadly.
...But Skyrim on a Nintendo system... A portable Nintendo system. That's dope or something, or would be if I could stand to play it without mods anymore.

the screen runs games at 720p 60FPS
outputs up to 4k, plays games at 1080p. the dock lets it output more (either because dock means it isn't in power saving mode, or the dock itself has some stuff in it) so
i'm surprised the framerate was like that in the trailer, though it's likely they're working on that. it most certainly doesn't run like that when docked, though.
(10-21-2016, 02:56 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2016, 01:25 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Well then, this is exciting. A handheld/console hybrid with that much power...

the screen runs games at 720p 60FPS
outputs up to 4k, plays games at 1080p. the dock lets it output more (either because dock means it isn't in power saving mode, or the dock itself has some stuff in it) so
i'm surprised the framerate was like that in the trailer, though it's likely they're working on that. it most certainly doesn't run like that when docked, though.
That doesn't say a lot about how powerful the system is. Most are capable of that kind of performance on the higher end, the question is how much games will stress it and how low particularly high stress titles (looking at you skyrim) will send it.
Like, I could tell you that my PC runs games in 1080p at 60FPS. I wouldn't be wrong, that is the upper limit of what my monitor is capable of, but most games won't run at a steady 60, in fact a lot will dip down to the 30s.
(10-21-2016, 03:16 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2016, 02:56 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]the screen runs games at 720p 60FPS
That doesn't say a lot about how powerful the system is. Most are capable of that kind of performance on the higher end, the question is how much games will stress it and how low particularly high stress titles (looking at you skyrim) will send it.
Like, I could tell you that my PC runs games in 1080p at 60FPS. I wouldn't be wrong, that is the upper limit of what my monitor is capable of, but most games won't run at a steady 60, in fact a lot will dip down to the 30s.

if the wii u can successfully run Breath of the Wild at 1080p 30FPS (i think it ran at that), i'm certain that the Switch can run it at 720p 60FPS.
(10-21-2016, 03:29 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2016, 03:16 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]That doesn't say a lot about how powerful the system is. Most are capable of that kind of performance on the higher end, the question is how much games will stress it and how low particularly high stress titles (looking at you skyrim) will send it.

if the wii u can successfully run Breath of the Wild at 1080p 30FPS (i think it ran at that), i'm certain that the Switch can run it at 720p 60FPS.

it will be very intresting to say the least with how it turns out as we come closer to launch date
I mean, even if it ends up being a bit weaker than the WiiU, it's still probably the most powerful handheld to date, and also a home console at the same time.
I don't care, it's brilliant~
(10-21-2016, 03:54 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, even if it ends up being a bit weaker than the WiiU, it's still probably the most powerful handheld to date, and also a home console at the same time.

the possibility for custom controller side bits for different games, as well as custom ones to make the device more customizable are near limitless as well
(10-21-2016, 03:54 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, even if it ends up being a bit weaker than the WiiU, it's still probably the most powerful handheld to date, and also a home console at the same time.

I'm not sure, reverse comparability which is a running feature on most Nintendo consoles (I'm looking at you PS4 and Xbone) seemed like an impossibility on the NX since it lack alot of the gimmick that was present on previous gen consoles
(10-21-2016, 07:52 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not sure, reverse comparability which is a running feature on most Nintendo consoles (I'm looking at you PS4 and Xbone) seemed like an impossibility on the NX since it lack alot of the gimmick that was present on previous gen consoles

I never said anything about reverse compatability? And it uses what look like DS-sized cartridges, so yeah, obviously no back-compatability...
Which, while unfortunate... If anything, it'll probably at least have a Virtual Console.
PC Master Race of course.

Silly consoles. The only reason they exist is because it is more profitable to make a walled garden and then sell people everything they might ask for than it is to let them build their own garden and knock on the gate asking what they want.
(10-21-2016, 12:57 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]PC Master Race of course.

Silly consoles. The only reason they exist is because it is more profitable to make a walled garden and then sell people everything they might ask for than it is to let them build their own garden and knock on the gate asking what they want.

you cant play pokemon without getting CnD'
Well Nintendo has a lot of cool exclusives, it's just that they make what I think are dumb decisions a lot of the time.

So I'm PC Master Race with a side of Nintendo. *stuffs fries in mouth*
I never much cared for the term "PC Master Race"; but I do fall within the category in that I use my computer for all my gaming needs, largely out of convenience, it generally being cheaper, and a Steam library having no physical discs to loose.