Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Merry Christmas, Nexus!
Merry kwanukkas
it's already 26th december, take down all your chrismas decoration,
Merry Christmas everyone.
Merry day of sharing among comrades!

[Image: ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.u5.png]
annual eat-some-fucking-ham day

also someone redraw that as a more appropriate space raptor
you know you want to
(12-26-2016, 12:39 AM)comet1337 Wrote: [ -> ]annual eat-some-fucking-ham day

you know you want to
We don't have nearly as many artists here as we used to.

Reks is a good one though.
Alright alright I'll review Planet Coaster.

Planet Coaster is finally out, completing the trifecta of spiritual RCT clones competing for Chris Sawyer's legacy and fans. Planet Coaster is the only one with a direct development relationship to a previous RCT though, with RCT World being ordered by Atari and sourced out to an unknown dev, and Parkitect being a purely indie affair, Planet Coaster rides in backed by the studio who made RCT 3. Planet Coaster then, has an actual pedigree that shows clearly when you see some of the incredible things it can do.
Planet Coaster builds upon the central ideas and features of RCT3, each career scenario has 3 tiers of objectives to complete, structures are constructed piecemeal out of walls, decorations, roofs, and a robust system for moving objects in a 3D space, etc. Planet Coaster's biggest improvements are the redone coaster construction, allowing total freedom over the shape, length, and angle of every single piece of track you lay, and the addition of the aforementioned 3D construction features on top of RCT3's. The game does have a bit more to it than "RCT3.2" though, it has a lot of personality on its own, with a redone art style, totally new lineup of rides, and an (apparently) realistic selection of rollercoaster types. It encourages players to actually enjoy its creative features and create things rather than to just plop down rides and watch the money roll in, increasing the popularity of "beautified" rides and providing some incredible premade scenery to draw inspiration from, and perhaps most importantly, it does away with that damn park inspector.
Planet Coaster just oozes personality and creativity at every opportunity, but as you begin to sink your teeth into this excessively inviting game it starts to come up a bit short, with a list of non-rollercoaster rides that seems pathetic compared to RCT3, 2, or even 1, and specialized scenery that will often result in your reusing the same props many many times. There is hope though, for Christmas Frontier pushed out an update that not only added snow maps and new career scenarios, but also added an entire Christmas themed scenery set. Full Steam Workshop integration allowing you to download new premade structures and scenery arrangements mid-game also helps you mitigate this and any lack of creativity you might suffer from.
Planet Coaster is a no-brainer for anyone who enjoyed the classic RCT games and wants a modern interpretation, offering all the tools you could ever want in spades, it's biggest weaknesses being a lack of content that Frontier has already set a precedent for rectifying as time goes on, and a clunky but functional UI. Between RCTW and Planet Coaster, Planet Coaster seems to be the clear winner, and so far it has a bright future ahead of it.
(12-21-2016, 04:45 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]
I also found it that the reason why I couldn't access the forums for a greater part of the day was because the address had somehow been filled up with trash data, it was strange.

Code:
http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/mobiquo/mobiquo.php?welcome=1&referer=http%3A%2F%2Favalinexus.seraphimlabs.com%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ftid%3D82%26page%3D236&board_url=http%3A%2F%2Favalinexus.seraphimlabs.com%2Fforum&code=df21688bdb739253c57bcaa96ca1c277&name=Avali%20Nexus&deeplink=avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com%2Fforum%2F%3Flocation%3Dtopic%26tid%3D82%26page%3D236%26perpage%3D20
Yeah... Try and decipher that address.

Tapatalk malfunctioned and that was the result. Looks to me like it had an interrupted page load. When it tried it again it got redirected, adding the malformed data into the referrer. Which confused the forum software and caused it to get redirected again, making the misdirection even larger.

Its actually specifying an exact post, but why it wasn't able to just give you that post I'm not 100% certain.
[Image: 2a205fb6281cd02ee2a43522a8601532.png]
So I'm gonna have to give some background on this.
Essentially I've developed a habit about using one of my mechwarrior discords as a pillow to scream into whenever the server I admin for gets too much. Partly because they let me and partly because they share my feelings about some of the utter tripe that goes on in there. Anyways some people have found their way onto my server (because it's public) for a closer look, and that's where B33f comes in. He isn't a furry or anything, he's not even particularly active, he's just a top-tier memelord and a (relatively) famous Mechwarrior Online personality. Anyways I check my server today and I find he has somehow found his way in as the latest step in his quest to...I don't even know what his goal is but I can't decide if I'm concerned, amused, or terrified.
UGH. WHY IS THE OWNER MAKING IT SO HARD TO RUN HER SERVER? I'm expected to clear major decisions with her but she straight up isn't available most of the time, and she makes the decision to ban/unban people without even telling us she's doing it, nevermind why. So we're all left out here in the breeze catching flak for somebody who just up and vanished while we try and figure out why the fuck a problem user is now back.

Like, I'm just fucking upset that this shitshow happened at all. First the guy is unbanned in spite of our "no appeals, period" rule, THEN THE RE-BANS HIM WITHOUT EVER TELLING US WHY, LEAVING ME TO DEAL WITH HIS FRIENDS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY HE JUST VANISHED.
leaf drop
[Image: iZ8fcd9.png]
I was snowed in at my mum's house for five days, then only got to spend forty-five minutes with only about half of the family members that were supposed to come due to the snow. Was a sad holiday.

hope at least some hollidays were decent. As in better than surge, mine, and rahizel's.
First in 2017? Maybe maybe?

Considering nobody else has posted in a couple days, I'm pretty sure I got this for sure.
(12-26-2016, 02:25 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2016, 12:39 AM)comet1337 Wrote: [ -> ]annual eat-some-fucking-ham day

you know you want to
We don't have nearly as many artists here as we used to.

Reks is a good one though.

Challenge Accepted.
Also, Happy New Year's, whenever it applies to you.
(01-01-2017, 05:28 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]First in 2017? Maybe maybe?

Considering nobody else has posted in a couple days, I'm pretty sure I got this for sure.

2016 is just a foundation for everything worst in 2017,
Happy new years everyone!
new years are getting quieter and quieter
still, explosions everywhere and a strong smell of gunpowder in the air with faint clouds of smoke when i went to the store yesterday night
but instead of going all the way to 04:00 it stopped pretty much right after midnight
merry newmas mlotherfuckers.
Well, I'm late to the party, but cheers to 2017~