Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-06-2016, 05:14 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2016, 05:05 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]i don't use tapatalk, have no idea how tapatalk works, have no idea how to work on the spoiler function, nor any idea on how to do anything regarding programming.
so no
i have no idea and there's nothing i can do to fix it.
I'mnot sure, can you remove the tap talk addon or atleast just the ad/pop up? it's been bugging me whenever I visit the nexus on a mobile browser than the app.
Use tapatalk then!

We got multiple people using it and the ad is just gonna show.
(07-06-2016, 08:42 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2016, 07:39 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]That makes sense. The face is too human-like to be proper anthro, and the rest of the features seem pasted over rather than merged with the body.

...Well now that you point it out that is noticable.
It's weird. I guess it's since I'm by no definition an artist, but I find it odd that a lot of artists have trouble adapting between furry and... uh... humanish? art, no matter which of the two they mostly do. I can understand it being difficult at first, but a lot seem to stay completely focused on one or the other.
Doing furry art requires tossing out a lot of what artists kmow about drawing humans, or for that matter animals. Several parts (like the eyes) need to be scaled and placed waaaay off to even look remotely nice, because how they normally look seem weird compared to the rest of the body. Meanwhile, merging other parts, in a way where it can be recognized as both, requires drawing something that has no equivalent in nature.

I have no idea what the actual, defined types of human-animal hybrids are (and I think that's because furries are still in a war with mainstream artists over that), but if I would hazard a guess, I would say that Reks' request falls under "monstergirl".
(07-06-2016, 06:02 PM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2016, 08:42 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]...Well now that you point it out that is noticable.
It's weird. I guess it's since I'm by no definition an artist, but I find it odd that a lot of artists have trouble adapting between furry and... uh... humanish? art, no matter which of the two they mostly do. I can understand it being difficult at first, but a lot seem to stay completely focused on one or the other.
Doing furry art requires tossing out a lot of what artists kmow about drawing humans, or for that matter animals. Several parts (like the eyes) need to be scaled and placed waaaay off to even look remotely nice, because how they normally look seem weird compared to the rest of the body. Meanwhile, merging other parts, in a way where it can be recognized as both, requires drawing something that has no equivalent in nature.

I have no idea what the actual, defined types of human-animal hybrids are (and I think that's because furries are still in a war with mainstream artists over that), but if I would hazard a guess, I would say that Reks' request falls under "monstergirl".
pokefurs/pokemorphs are their own subset of furry last I checked.
(07-06-2016, 06:14 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]pokefurs/pokemorphs are their own subset of furry last I checked.

Yeah, that's what they're classified as.
Too hot.

Its not supposed to be over 90F in New York.

At the moment we're only a couple degrees shy of being hotter than Texas.
(07-06-2016, 12:22 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]"Sorry, I could not hear you, my doorbell was out of ammo"

Colin Furze continues to be my favorite real-life mad scientist.

(07-06-2016, 01:31 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Really wish spoilers made on the site would work for tapatalk because ones for tapatalk work there.

On tapatalk some spoilers show as a link.

@Ehksidian your implementation of the tapatalk api needs work, any idea what's wrong with spoilers?
"@"ing people doesn't work here, and Ehks has literally no idea how the site, or anything related to the site, functions. She's the admin but Odin runs the site... I'm not even sure Odin knows how everything works either, though. If those two did, I'd hazard a guess we'd have Alerts and a Private Message system that isn't total pants by now... Possibly. Oh, and a better color selection in the message editor.

(07-06-2016, 06:02 PM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea what the actual, defined types of human-animal hybrids are (and I think that's because furries are still in a war with mainstream artists over that), but if I would hazard a guess, I would say that Reks' request falls under "monstergirl".
Speaking of which, I want an answer to a question I've had for a while... Someone who actually knows these categories well enough, what the hell do these kinds of characters fall under? I don't even know what name to use for them. They aren't furries, I don't think "animal people" would work since that would proabably cause assumptions of antros...
[Image: mio-azusa-nekomimi.png]
Fun Fact: I originally looked up "catgirl" on google images to find a good picture of what I was talking about... Almost everything was scantily-clad. So I looked up "decent catgirl" and within around one rotation fo the scrollwheel I came across vore... And apparently the addition of the word "decent" led to there being very few actual catgirls in my results, and a whole lot of unrelated stuff. I could almost swear Google Images used to work.

Edit: Image broke the moment I posted. TVTropes, why have you betrayed me?
Found a new image. Ears aren't real in this picture but you get the bloody point.
(07-06-2016, 06:14 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]pokefurs/pokemorphs are their own subset of furry last I checked.
Yeah, subset of furries. I think we already established we're looking st something different.

(07-06-2016, 08:55 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of which, I want an answer to a question I've had for a while... Someone who actually knows these categories well enough, what the hell do these kinds of characters fall under? I don't even know what name to use for them. They aren't furries, I don't think "animal people" would work since that would proabably cause assumptions of antros...

Like I said, nobody's quite sure. Most categories I do know are either too broad or have their definitions fought over, and there's very likely several I'm not aware of.

I mean, they're catgirls, but that's not general. 
(07-06-2016, 08:55 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2016, 01:31 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Really wish spoilers made on the site would work for tapatalk because ones for tapatalk work there.

On tapatalk some spoilers show as a link.

@Ehksidian your implementation of the tapatalk api needs work, any idea what's wrong with spoilers?
"@"ing people doesn't work here, and Ehks has literally no idea how the site, or anything related to the site, functions. She's the admin but Odin runs the site... I'm not even sure Odin knows how everything works either, though. If those two did, I'd hazard a guess we'd have Alerts and a Private Message system that isn't total pants by now... Possibly. Oh, and a better color selection in the message editor.

The forum core is standard issue, I've used the type for many years without any issues with PMs or Alerts- you might have gotten spoiled by features that only exist in one of the premium platforms that costs literally hundreds of dollars a year to have the licensing for.

Now I do think that the skins in use have some issues that could be worked on.

Tapatalk is an addon to the forum that relies on a third party service to convert the forum's contents to a form that is suitable for phone use. I've never used it before, and when I come here on my phone I just open it directly in my phone browser. Works perfectly fine, just has a lot of scrolling to do.
The issue with that theory in overwatch is that Mercy has been medically classed as dead for a number of years in overwatch.  But that suit keeps her "alive" anyways via reanimation and reconstruction.  If she takes it off, she'll just die again.  Probably genetic disorder.  But yeah, things few people noted out of the conversations between characters.

When the suit is broken she just dies instantly.  It's also why her body is in a state of stasis, she's technically dead.
(07-06-2016, 08:55 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of which, I want an answer to a question I've had for a while... Someone who actually knows these categories well enough, what the hell do these kinds of characters fall under? I don't even know what name to use for them. They aren't furries, I don't think "animal people" would work since that would proabably cause assumptions of antros...
Fun Fact: I originally looked up "catgirl" on google images to find a good picture of what I was talking about... Almost everything was scantily-clad. So I looked up "decent catgirl" and within around one rotation fo the scrollwheel I came across vore... And apparently the addition of the word "decent" led to there being very few actual catgirls in my results, and a whole lot of unrelated stuff. I could almost swear Google Images used to work.

Found a new image. Ears aren't real in this picture but you get the bloody point.

kemonomimi, which means animal ear in japanese
which is what they are
japanese furries are just called kemono, though, so it's confusing. just like a lot of things!
(07-06-2016, 10:47 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]

kemonomimi, which means animal ear in japanese
which is what they are
japanese furries are just called kemono, though, so it's confusing. just like a lot of things!

And there we go. I remember there was a specific category, just couldn't remember the name.
(07-06-2016, 11:09 PM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2016, 10:47 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]kemonomimi, which means animal ear in japanese
which is what they are

And there we go. I remember there was a specific category, just couldn't remember the name.

Ah, so that IS the "official" name. I saw it earlier while looking around but wasn't sure.
Thanks for the info.
(07-06-2016, 10:03 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2016, 08:55 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]"@"ing people doesn't work here, and Ehks has literally no idea how the site, or anything related to the site, functions. She's the admin but Odin runs the site... I'm not even sure Odin knows how everything works either, though. If those two did, I'd hazard a guess we'd have Alerts and a Private Message system that isn't total pants by now... Possibly. Oh, and a better color selection in the message editor.

The forum core is standard issue, I've used the type for many years without any issues with PMs or Alerts- you might have gotten spoiled by features that only exist in one of the premium platforms that costs literally hundreds of dollars a year to have the licensing for.

Tapatalk is an addon to the forum that relies on a third party service to convert the forum's contents to a form that is suitable for phone use. I've never used it before, and when I come here on my phone I just open it directly in my phone browser. Works perfectly fine, just has a lot of scrolling to do.
Wish I knew how to help.
(07-06-2016, 11:59 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2016, 10:03 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]The forum core is standard issue, I've used the type for many years without any issues with PMs or Alerts- you might have gotten spoiled by features that only exist in one of the premium platforms that costs literally hundreds of dollars a year to have the licensing for.

Wish I knew how to help.

Program your own forum software
(07-07-2016, 12:10 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2016, 11:59 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Wish I knew how to help.

Program your own forum software
M8?

I think I'd rather try to fix the tapatalk program.

Also I must comment on the, adorableness? Of your avatar. It makes me, smile.
Holy balls a thread on /r/furry apparently hit /r/all. These comments are great.
(07-07-2016, 01:25 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2016, 12:10 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]Program your own forum software
M8?

I don't think you understand the nature of the problem

and thank you!
(07-07-2016, 01:39 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2016, 01:25 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]M8?

I don't think you understand the nature of the problem

and thank you!
It's probably just an issue of getting our code to talk to theirs.

Not nearly as easy as it sounds.

Not impossible either.
(07-07-2016, 01:40 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2016, 01:39 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you understand the nature of the problem

and thank you!
It's probably just an issue of getting our code to talk to theirs.

Not nearly as easy as it sounds.

Not impossible either.

They're both compiled applications, tapatalk is probably proprietary - you can't even see its code, let alone change it.

MyBB is open source but you'd probably need to understand how tapatalk handles it to understand why spoilers are causing an issue.