Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-05-2016, 05:49 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2016, 05:43 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]Rounding down to a - or + 1 then would probably be best if you wanted to fit that mechanic in.
I don't think you'd want to, battletech's construction rules are pretty bloated as is, mechs that are large or small for their weight class like the Grasshopper would suddenly become unbalanced, mechs that are already not appealing choices would either get better or even worse, and already strong mechs like Hellstar could become even more powerful. It would just make a fundamental mess of the balance across the 600 some chassis in Battletech, and that's just the mechs.

That's fair, I've seen that used in tabletops with simpler rules for hitting stuff with fewer specialized differences.
more doggo sized eastern dreg
[Image: tumblr_of9172rvmc1vnb5w5o1_500.jpg]
Holy hell what a mess, everyone seems to be having a rotten Saturday. I'm in a bad mood, one of my mods got in a petty argument with a user, two users started attacking each other in general, what the fuck.
I woke up four whole hours after my alarm, thankfully I didn't miss anything, but I didn't get to prepare at all.
(11-05-2016, 07:45 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Holy hell what a mess, everyone seems to be having a rotten Saturday. I'm in a bad mood, one of my mods got in a petty argument with a user, two users started attacking each other in general, what the fuck.

From what I've heard so far, I seem to be one of few people who is having a half-decent Saturday, though maybe it's just because I've been abnormally busy and therefore distracted.
Curse of saturday? A friend of mine is dealing with a stolen phone, that phone had his whole livelihood stored on it. So yeah. Bad saturday for a lot of folks.
So I'm doing the NaNoWriMo. There is currently a voice in the back of my head saying "write ye bastard, write!", even though I've already met the word count for the day for the past five days.
(11-06-2016, 12:49 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm doing the NaNoWriMo. There is currently a voice in the back of my head saying "write ye bastard, write!", even though I've already met the word count for the day for the past five days.

I briefly considered entering it, but holy fuck writing a whole novel when I struggle with short stories sounded like hell.
(11-06-2016, 01:02 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2016, 12:49 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm doing the NaNoWriMo. There is currently a voice in the back of my head saying "write ye bastard, write!", even though I've already met the word count for the day for the past five days.

I briefly considered entering it, but holy fuck writing a whole novel when I struggle with short stories sounded like hell.
NaNo has long since accepted that ain't nobody's got time for editing, so if you can write 1667 words every day, it works.

I'm also absolutely not using it to get a narrative feel for the newly revived Nexus SciFi Universe (mistakes were made!) due to the incredible amount of changes that have happened to it since you last saw it
(11-06-2016, 01:16 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2016, 01:02 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I briefly considered entering it, but holy fuck writing a whole novel when I struggle with short stories sounded like hell.
NaNo has long since accepted that ain't nobody's got time for editing, so if you can write 1667 words every day, it works.

I'm also absolutely not using it to get a narrative feel for the newly revived Nexus SciFi Universe (mistakes were made!) due to the incredible amount of changes that have happened to it since you last saw it

I absolutely could not put that out, largely because I still don't feel like I have either of my story ideas fleshed out to the point where the last hurdle is sitting down and writing it all.
I have numerous excerpts floating around for them but I have no real means of tying it all together into a coherent tale.
It all starts with what's easiest to understand as someone who knows nothing about it. I haven't done anything even close to novel length though, so I suppose I can't say much.
I turn all mine into tabletops or die rollers.
(11-06-2016, 01:20 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2016, 01:16 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]NaNo has long since accepted that ain't nobody's got time for editing, so if you can write 1667 words every day, it works.

I absolutely could not put that out, largely because I still don't feel like I have either of my story ideas fleshed out to the point where the last hurdle is sitting down and writing it all.
I have numerous excerpts floating around for them but I have no real means of tying it all together into a coherent tale.

This. This right here. I have so many concepts and ideas and bits and pieces of stuff I want to write a tiny bit about, but actually fleshing out plot is so hard to do.
(11-07-2016, 05:14 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: [ -> ]This. This right here. I have so many concepts and ideas and bits and pieces of stuff I want to write a tiny bit about, but actually fleshing out plot is so hard to do.

Sounds a bit like my ongoing (and admittedly sporadic) efforts to establish my "Frontiers" universe into some kind of meaningful context....

To say it is still very much a work in progress, is a depressingly severe understatement.
Seriously? The only reason I haven't acted on half of my ideas, is because I have a very specific idea on how to present it, and even then I plan that shit out relentlessly until I have the skill to say, 3D model and animate/program videogames, so I can start that shit right off the bat when I do, without having to think it out then and stall actually doing it.

I've got a world I'm building, where I already have an idea of half the partially-plot-developing shit I need, to fill in all the gaps between the important plot shit. I'm not going to stall doing that shit until I'm fucking rendering the first panel, that's not my way.

I don't care how long you'll think it'll take you to get the skill you want, fucking outline in whatever fucking way you want down to the fucking inconsequential, you'll not only have a better idea of the skill you'll actually need to make and finish it, but also what might need to be changed now before it ends up as a plothole or big lipped alligator moment when you've already set the entire plot to book or something.
(11-06-2016, 01:20 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2016, 01:16 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]NaNo has long since accepted that ain't nobody's got time for editing, so if you can write 1667 words every day, it works.

I figured it out. Tomorrow is Election Day in the USA *eagle screech*
The day of reckoning has come. Our absolution shall be delivered unto us this night!
End my suffering
Is it Wednesday yet?
(11-08-2016, 01:08 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]End my suffering
Is it Wednesday yet?

Nope.

You can bet when the 11PM news hits there will be rioting, looting, and vandalism though.

People are not happy with this election, and will do anything to make their person win.
(11-08-2016, 06:58 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2016, 01:08 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]End my suffering
Is it Wednesday yet?

Nope.

You can bet when the 11PM news hits there will be rioting, looting, and vandalism though.

People are not happy with this election, and will do anything to make their person win.

I'd like to believe that won't happen, but I feel I'll be proved wrong.