Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Off topic

To everyone who plays stellaris, I found https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727535627&searchtext=
(07-24-2016, 12:13 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2016, 09:20 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]What, a sniper rifle? What's wrong with that? 

It doesn't matter.  Just a personal opinion on 12.7mm rifles, that's all.
Fite me.
Lynx is love, lynx is life.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/4q03fa/i_dared_my_best_friend_to_ruin_my_life_hes/
Well that was quite the read.
...Oh. It's 8 AM.
OOPS.

Welp, sleep is for the weak.
(07-24-2016, 02:37 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2016, 12:13 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't matter.  Just a personal opinion on 12.7mm rifles, that's all.
Fite me.
US and their 6x.50BMG, I prefer quad 20mms
(07-24-2016, 03:25 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2016, 02:37 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Fite me.
US and their 6x.50BMG, I prefer quad 20mms
You can't carry around an AA gun that big you ninny
(07-24-2016, 03:26 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2016, 03:25 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]US and their 6x.50BMG, I prefer quad 20mms
You can't carry around an AA gun that big you ninny
give me an engine, a transmission box, any chassis that can carry all the above and you got a mobile AA, potential to explode, kinda high; controls, is it six pedals or eight; stability, who gives a crap about that.
1.0 is good.

Not fan of the Ruin though, that thing unsettles me.
(07-24-2016, 03:33 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2016, 03:26 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]You can't carry around an AA gun that big you ninny
give me an engine, a transmission box, any chassis that can carry all the above and you got a mobile AA, potential to explode, kinda high; controls, is it six pedals or eight; stability, who gives a crap about that.
If you want to involve a vehicle why not go all out with 30 or even 40mms
(07-24-2016, 06:44 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2016, 03:33 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]give me an engine, a transmission box, any chassis that can carry all the above and you got a mobile AA, potential to explode, kinda high; controls, is it six pedals or eight; stability, who gives a crap about that.
If you want to involve a vehicle why not go all out with 30 or even 40mms

88mm flak, nuff said any diameter larger a SAM already did better.
More thoughts and observations about arctic colonies in rimworld:
Geothermal power is the only power you should be using, up 24/7, no batteries needed, and produces heat
Each geo plant will be sufficient for one hydroponic greenhouse plus a modest base
2 people and 2 muffalos is pretty optimal, the muffalos provide excellent wool for winter clothing in the long term and between them 6 basins will only support 2 people, the game will not allow you to remain under 4 colonists though.
It in fact is possible to get wood if you are willing to devote a sunlamp and thus geo plant to agriculture that is not food.
As the base expands the interior temperature will rapidly drop, add more heaters as necessary.
Having a heated base with hydroponic crops makes the colonists feel entitled to many modern amenities, this makes controlling them much harder.
Polar bears find colonists very tasty, and are often not deterred from this lunch by gunfire.
(07-24-2016, 02:37 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2016, 12:13 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't matter.  Just a personal opinion on 12.7mm rifles, that's all.
Fite me.

When using such a weapon there is no fight, either you go down instantly, or your target does.  Such AMRs are pointless in roles of actual sniper support and/or scout-support.  You have to know your target is there, and you have to already be ready.  It's the weapon of an assassin.  There are far better choices of platform to be used as an actual rifle would.

Fighting is pointless.

Just playing along.
>Stayed up too late
>Didn't sleep to avoid missing half of last day of MMO event
>Take a break half way through event and fall asleep
>Miss half the event anyway
>Wake up literally minutes after it ends
>Actually feel worse, more tired, less coordinated, and groggier after 3-4 hours of sleep than when I'd been awake for 27ish hours straight.

GG. At least I can justify that by saying "research for writing tired insomniac character."

Edit: Welcome to page 123. Page 123 should be something special.
I wanted to write a quick story about Unit 123 "Basic" because I do enjoy all of the characters of Squad 44 and he's possibly my favorite of the lot but I just don't have the creative drive in me right now to do it.
(07-25-2016, 02:07 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2016, 02:37 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Fite me.

When using such a weapon there is no fight, either you go down instantly, or your target does.  Such AMRs are pointless in roles of actual sniper support and/or scout-support.  You have to know your target is there, and you have to already be ready.  It's the weapon of an assassin.  There are far better choices of platform to be used as an actual rifle would.

Fighting is pointless.

Just playing along.

It's not for people that's why it's called an anti materiel rifle. Also that presumes a lot about my picture (such as that it even is an AMR let alone what kind of combat is happening or the context -  none of which is defined) 

Or that is to say you're getting very uppity about information you yourself imposed. 
The original Avali mod is still the top mod, but is outdated.
what.
Also, why is there a lack of new members?
There won't be new members if people don't know we're hiding out over here. Do they even know this place exists? Or are they just hanging out on the chucklefish forums unaware that an Avali fan community is around.

Since the 1.0 for Starbound is finally out, perhaps we finally could get some people together to update the Avali mod one more time to support the new version.
(07-25-2016, 01:07 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]There won't be new members if people don't know we're hiding out over here. Do they even know this place exists? Or are they just hanging out on the chucklefish forums unaware that an Avali fan community is around.

Since the 1.0 for Starbound is finally out, perhaps we finally could get some people together to update the Avali mod one more time to support the new version.

fevix already on it and it's even on the workshop, look it up

we're also the rag tag splinter avali group now, but still from the original members of the chaotic early days of the Avali mod discussions
I'll probably regret this but if you have a reasonably well behaved friend feel free to invite them here. Word of mouth is basically the only way we'll get users.
(07-25-2016, 12:43 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]The original Avali mod is still the top mod, but is outdated.
what.
Also, why is there a lack of new members?
Oh I can answer that!

Well ever since I joined I'm given lots of hostity frequent cold shoulder and subjected to the elitism of the old members!

There ya have it enjoy.