Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-17-2016, 05:20 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2016, 04:43 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]Do not even start.

The Old Nexus Archives were bad times for all.

They were somewhat embarrassing, but otherwise fun.
Tell me more about this human emotion called "Fun".
(10-16-2016, 09:45 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2016, 09:37 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I rembere thoes time like was yesterday. When KC ran rampant with TF serums and Mutigen. Also ITEM 17
TF roulette

that also was your idea though, cant remember how much weird stuff you've turned into and everyone else. Good thing i'm still immune though, being all metal and stuffs
brb deleting literally all my posts on the cf forums because they were awful
(10-17-2016, 04:28 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]brb deleting literally all my posts on the cf forums because they were awful

But... Archiving! It must stay so future generations learn what not to do!

My posts in particular are an endless wellspring of "well it seemed like a good idea at the time".
Haha I still have no shame
I've done worse here than I did in CF
(10-17-2016, 04:28 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]brb deleting literally all my posts on the cf forums because they were awful

Does that mean they can reopen the old threads now? Because it will not be 500pages full anymore
Orbital is launching their Antares OR-5 rocket tonight from Wallops Virginia.

Last time Antares was supposed to fly, it exploded just after launch due to an engine failure.

The OR-5 uses different engines, RD180s, instead of the NK-33 engines that had originally been built for the Russian moon landing program.
[Image: doobl_valis_by_reksanden-dalfnfq.png]
(10-17-2016, 05:35 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Orbital is launching their Antares OR-5 rocket tonight from Wallops Virginia.

Last time Antares was supposed to fly, it exploded just after launch due to an engine failure.

The OR-5 uses different engines, RD180s, instead of the NK-33 engines that had originally been built for the Russian moon landing program.
Soviet engines > capitalist engine
(10-17-2016, 05:39 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2016, 05:35 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Orbital is launching their Antares OR-5 rocket tonight from Wallops Virginia.

Soviet engines > capitalist engine

Maybe not.

The soviet-built NK33 engines were developed originally as part of the N-1 moon mission. After the N1 exploded and the project cancelled, the politicians ordered the engines to be scrapped. Instead they were forgotten in a warehouse.

Some decades later, skeptical engineers discovered this warehouse and the surviving NK-33 engines. Bringing them to the states, they were refurbished by Aerojet and the controls replaced to create the AeroJet AJ-26 engine, which retained the fuel efficiency of the NK-33 while offering slightly higher performance. But they were still based on that same flawed design.

Antares attempted to use them, and on its second mission the AJ-26 engines exploded likely due to the same design flaw that had caused the N1 explosion, so Orbital grounded the Antares design in order to redesign it using a different engine.

This flight is then testing the results of that effort, with the RD-180 engines being from a totally different line of development and already in regular use on other craft.
(10-17-2016, 05:38 PM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ][Image: doobl_valis_by_reksanden-dalfnfq.png]
Oh my.

*squeees*
(10-17-2016, 05:05 PM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]

But... Archiving! It must stay so future generations learn what not to do!

My posts in particular are an endless wellspring of "well it seemed like a good idea at the time".

YES! WHAT SILVER SAID! YOU MUST LEAVE THE ARCHIVES!
NO DELETING ALLOWED!
My day has been a Rollercoaster of euphoric highs and suicidal lows.
I wonder, howdo you add diacritics on US keyboards without adding some language through the control panel, I mean is there a special command like on smartphones where you hold a character to access diacritics?
(10-18-2016, 05:22 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder, howdo you add diacritics on US keyboards without adding some language through the control panel, I mean is there a special command like on smartphones where you hold a character to access diacritics?

Pretty sure you don't. English doesn't really use them a whole lot (only in a few loan words), so they aren't included.
Instead, you would have to manually insert them, either with Alt Codes, which are difficult to remember and annoying to type repeatedly, or using the Character Map, which is even more tedious. Or, yeah, a different keyboard layout. Like, since I'm Canadian, if I switch my keyboard layout to Canadian French from Canadian English, I can put éÉ in easily by just pressing what would normally be /?. Means to type a word like café, I would go...
C A F [CTRL]+[SHIFT] ? [CTRL]+[SHIFT] since [CTRL]+[SHIFT] switches my keyboard between the two. Definitely the best option when compared to opening the character map or trying to remember and type one or two of those awful alt codes.

Only problem is, sometiemes I accidentally switch it and when I ask questions I get an É instead of a ?.
You can see how that'd be annoying, rightÉ
(10-18-2016, 05:38 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure you don't. English doesn't really use them a whole lot (only in a few loan words), so they aren't included.
Instead, you would have to manually insert them, either with Alt Codes, which are difficult to remember and annoying to type repeatedly, or using the Character Map, which is even more tedious. Or, yeah, a different keyboard layout. Like, since I'm Canadian, if I switch my keyboard layout to Canadian French from Canadian English, I can put éÉ in easily by just pressing what would normally be /?. Means to type a word like café, I would go...
C A F [CTRL]+[SHIFT] ? [CTRL]+[SHIFT] since [CTRL]+[SHIFT] switches my keyboard between the two. Definitely the best option when compared to opening the character map or trying to remember and type one or two of those awful alt codes.

Only problem is, sometiemes I accidentally switch it and when I ask questions I get an É instead of a ?.

Ive had that happen by accident on more than a few occasions while playing Warframe, where ill accidentally toggle the keyboard layout during particularly hectic parkour maneuvers, and i can never seem to remember how to switch it back.

Its especially annoying for me, since i cant speak or read/write French worth a damn anyways, so its just not something i ever use.

Though i may have lucked out with my current keyboard, as it appears to have the Layout switch hidden somewhere else, probably among the "function" shortcuts.
(10-18-2016, 05:38 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2016, 05:22 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder, howdo you add diacritics on US keyboards without adding some language through the control panel, I mean is there a special command like on smartphones where you hold a character to access diacritics?

Pretty sure you don't. English doesn't really use them a whole lot (only in a few loan words), so they aren't included.

Ctrl+Shift+/? doesnt seemed to work, you sure there isnt a canadian keyboard?
(10-18-2016, 01:02 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2016, 05:38 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure you don't. English doesn't really use them a whole lot (only in a few loan words), so they aren't included.

Ctrl+Shift+/? doesnt seemed to work, you sure there isnt a canadian keyboard?
His OS is set up so he can switch between the two. It's something you need to set up by yourself.
If your computer is running a microzoft OS their official site should have any of the needed tutorials by simply googling for it.
*naps on the floor*