Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to run a "serious" RP room on discord and holy fucking shit it makes me appreciate the RP thread here.
(12-10-2016, 04:17 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to run a "serious" RP room on discord and holy fucking shit it makes me appreciate the RP thread here.
Welcome to the Gamemaster circle. It's dark, it's cold, and the players fuck up everything.
it's been long, umby drop!
[Image: tumblr_ohy4rkVRvz1thew31o1_1280.jpg]
As a player who commonly ups the Henderson levels, I can confirm that players suck. Being good at improv is the best thing as a DM/GM, you'll use it often.
[Image: Wu2okUK.jpg]
further shameless posting of umbreons.
why is posting this specific pokermong a thing anyway?
it was a usual thing we/I done here, this place had been...boring lately, also nice find btw surge
(12-03-2016, 11:59 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 2e987125aef3a0a877a253ac00027aab.jpg]
So...guess what's free this weekend?
Titanfall 2 is the sequel to Titanfall, which features the titular titans falling on things, usually just the ground. Moving onto some quality commentary Titanfall 2 is one of those FPS experiences that just works, like Modern Warfare 2, it is fast, fluid, and satisfying, with an emphasis on spatial awareness and pathfinding. On foot you are highly agile, double jumping and wallrunning and popping special abilities like candy to make yourself even more unrealistically agile, essentially you are playing one of the new Call of Duty games. Not that that is explicitly a bad thing, the Call of Duty formula is tried and true, just simply stagnant, which is why Titanfall adds titans and NPCs into the mix, non-wallrunning infantrymen and warbots roam the battlefield, doing battle as you and other pilots zip about like flying squirrels, providing good cannon fodder and an exciting sense of pandemonium, as well as the occasional humiliating demise. Most importantly though, once you have proved yourself by murdering enough NPCs (or actual players, you filthy tryhard) you can call down your chosen titan from orbit, it will land at the nearest open spot and await your input, you can either climb in and command it yourself, or set it to automatically attempt to maul anything it can see.
In the titan itself you are much more lumbering, capable of rapid movement only in quick bursts, and the jarring shift of mobility options creates a very sink or swim situation where the titan leverages enough firepower to instantly end most pilots who challenge it directly, but not enough armor to be terribly forgiving of mistakes, pilots with anti-titan weapons can quickly wear you down, and enemy titans can lay down excessive punishment in very short order, so to survive all of this the titan has a more diverse toybox than most pilots, with 3 different abilities, EM smoke, an "ultimate" core ability, and a meaty gun. You must leverage all of these abilities effectively if you want to come out on top consistently, and once you learn to use them effectively they can very well take you far.
Titanfall 2 is then, for most intents and purposes then, Call of Duty with a much cooler toybox for you to play with, you can sacrifice your own titan as bait while you jump onto the enemy titan with your jetpack and rip its power core out, teleport directly through an enemy to catch them off guard, or simply pump yourself full of steroids and give a good rambo impression. The possibilities are quite extensive, if you have any fond memories of the glory days of Call of Duty and don't mind getting used to some verticality, you can play Titanfall 2 multiplayer for free all weekend.
Hearing a staunch MWO supporter also support this is definitely something worth looking into.
(12-10-2016, 06:53 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2016, 11:59 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 2e987125aef3a0a877a253ac00027aab.jpg]
So...guess what's free this weekend?
Titanfall 2 is the sequel to Titanfall, which features the titular titans falling on things, usually just the ground. Moving onto some quality commentary Titanfall 2 is one of those FPS experiences that just works, like Modern Warfare 2, it is fast, fluid, and satisfying, with an emphasis on spatial awareness and pathfinding. On foot you are highly agile, double jumping and wallrunning and popping special abilities like candy to make yourself even more unrealistically agile, essentially you are playing one of the new Call of Duty games. Not that that is explicitly a bad thing, the Call of Duty formula is tried and true, just simply stagnant, which is why Titanfall adds titans and NPCs into the mix, non-wallrunning infantrymen and warbots roam the battlefield, doing battle as you and other pilots zip about like flying squirrels, providing good cannon fodder and an exciting sense of pandemonium, as well as the occasional humiliating demise. Most importantly though, once you have proved yourself by murdering enough NPCs (or actual players, you filthy tryhard) you can call down your chosen titan from orbit, it will land at the nearest open spot and await your input, you can either climb in and command it yourself, or set it to automatically attempt to maul anything it can see.
In the titan itself you are much more lumbering, capable of rapid movement only in quick bursts, and the jarring shift of mobility options creates a very sink or swim situation where the titan leverages enough firepower to instantly end most pilots who challenge it directly, but not enough armor to be terribly forgiving of mistakes, pilots with anti-titan weapons can quickly wear you down, and enemy titans can lay down excessive punishment in very short order, so to survive all of this the titan has a more diverse toybox than most pilots, with 3 different abilities, EM smoke, an "ultimate" core ability, and a meaty gun. You must leverage all of these abilities effectively if you want to come out on top consistently, and once you learn to use them effectively they can very well take you far.
Titanfall 2 is then, for most intents and purposes then, Call of Duty with a much cooler toybox for you to play with, you can sacrifice your own titan as bait while you jump onto the enemy titan with your jetpack and rip its power core out, teleport directly through an enemy to catch them off guard, or simply pump yourself full of steroids and give a good rambo impression. The possibilities are quite extensive, if you have any fond memories of the glory days of Call of Duty and don't mind getting used to some verticality, you can play Titanfall 2 multiplayer for free all weekend.
Hearing a staunch MWO supporter also support this is definitely something worth looking into.
The two games are incredibly different... No overlap.
Before anyone asks, yes I still play robocraft at times.

No, I can't recommend it. It has become extremely pay2win with the new weapons incredibly OP compared to the classic types. The entire game meta is in an uproar because of it.
Arma 3 ops with half incompetent people and half competent people is great. You get hilarious moments here and there as well as some top-tier playing every now and again. I even get to scream over the radio like an idiot sometimes and it's ok because everyone is used to it.
(12-11-2016, 05:50 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Before anyone asks, yes I still play robocraft at times.

No, I can't recommend it. It has become extremely pay2win with the new weapons incredibly OP compared to the classic types. The entire game meta is in an uproar because of it.

it already gone to shit after the lootbox update, I mean you dont get what you want, it's like those CSGO unboxing, except that's for everything, even ingame weapon buys
Hey, I've been trying some concepts to help me memorize how an Avali is drawn. It's not too interesting, but for those who want to see my progress:

was the site down just now?
It seems to go down increasingly often these days.
(12-11-2016, 06:53 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to go down increasingly often these days.

Huh. Indeed strange. Makes you wonder what's happening.
I've been thinking about making a 3D model of an Avali for some time now. I have a good bit of experience with Maya and Mudbox, but I feel like Blender would work out a bit better, even though I'm still learning how to use it.
Any tips or thoughts?

:v
(12-12-2016, 12:30 PM)comet1337 Wrote: [ -> ]-doom-

:v

shit, you're doing hidden reload animation again?
(12-11-2016, 06:51 PM)comet1337 Wrote: [ -> ]was the site down just now?

(12-11-2016, 06:53 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to go down increasingly often these days.

My bad. Had to restart the server and it didn't come up cleanly on its own. Took me a little bit to get it sorted out again.