Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: giphy.gif]
MFW 4 deaths later I finally reach the ancient gate in the starting quest only to be told I need to go dig to the center of the planet for core fragments with just my matter manipulator.
(08-24-2016, 12:37 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: giphy.gif]
MFW 4 deaths later I finally reach the ancient gate in the starting quest only to be told I need to go dig to the center of the planet for core fragments with just my matter manipulator.

Find a mine on the planet, there are a bunch a fragments laying around in chests.
(08-24-2016, 12:42 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2016, 12:37 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: giphy.gif]

Find a mine on the planet, there are a bunch a fragments laying around in chests.
I've already picked it mostly clean and only have 17. I'm trying to give it another pass but these weapons the game saw fit to give me have actually been worse than the starting sword, so this has been something of a personal hell so far, with me blindly trying to navigate tunnels being slowly eaten alive by small monsters I don't have the reach to kill without taking damage until a larger one simple murders me outright.
maccao drop

[Image: XIgSE9I.png]

[Image: aXJxF0F.png]
(08-24-2016, 01:32 PM)Comito Wrote: [ -> ]maccao drop

[Image: XIgSE9I.png]

[Image: aXJxF0F.png]
as annoying to fight even in demo, I gotta say it's cute
The broken sword you start with is actually pretty good, I wouldn't expect to get a better weapon for a bit.
I like diving into a cavern and digging down from there, monsters don't tend to cause me too much grief, using blocks to wall yourself off is very helpful in some situations.
(08-24-2016, 02:53 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]The broken sword you start with is actually pretty good, I wouldn't expect to get a better weapon for a bit.
I like diving into a cavern and digging down from there, monsters don't tend to cause me too much grief, using blocks to wall yourself off is very helpful in some situations.

oh and almost forget, DO NOT THROW THE STARTER SWORD AWAY, you can upgrade it much later on......and by that I mean near end game(wont be as good as tier 10 glitch drop)
(08-24-2016, 03:15 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2016, 02:53 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]The broken sword you start with is actually pretty good, I wouldn't expect to get a better weapon for a bit.

oh and almost forget, DO NOT THROW THE STARTER SWORD AWAY, you can upgrade it much later on......and by that I mean near end game(wont be as good as tier 10 glitch drop)

Did you know it's actually listed as a tier 7 broadsword?
I mean, I know it's powerful, but geez.
(for reference, you normally won't get gear rated higher than tier 6)
(08-24-2016, 03:46 PM)Umbra Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2016, 03:15 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]oh and almost forget, DO NOT THROW THE STARTER SWORD AWAY, you can upgrade it much later on......and by that I mean near end game(wont be as good as tier 10 glitch drop)

It's up an extra tier because the baseline is so low end on the current tier.
Oh yeah, I kept using the starting sword right up until I found an Avian temple on a jungle planet that happened to have a really nice fire sword in it. Even then it sits in the box on my ship waiting for its triumphant return.

Far as things go with Dunto though, I understand completely. For a couple of years, I was one of the moderators on the Kerbal Space Program forums. And it very quickly turned a fun thing to do into a dreaded chore. Finally threw in the towel when the forum was getting all stirred up over Squad deciding to sell out the modding platform to Curse.

But the damage was done by then. I still can't bring myself to play KSP anymore, and it has changed so much since I left that I would have to completely re-learn how to play it.
(08-24-2016, 03:46 PM)Umbra Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2016, 03:15 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]oh and almost forget, DO NOT THROW THE STARTER SWORD AWAY, you can upgrade it much later on......and by that I mean near end game(wont be as good as tier 10 glitch drop)

you could use the moon colony exploit and get tier 10 gear, much-much more powerful but I rarely get a rare or legendary random generated weapon, the legendary ones are all unique which might have fixed stats

(08-24-2016, 04:09 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah, I kept using the starting sword right up until I found an Avian temple on a jungle planet that happened to have a really nice fire sword in it. Even then it sits in the box on my ship waiting for its triumphant return.

Far as things go with Dunto though, I understand completely. For a couple of years, I was one of the moderators on the Kerbal Space Program forums. And it very quickly turned a fun thing to do into a dreaded chore. Finally threw in the towel when the forum was getting all stirred up over Squad deciding to sell out the modding platform to Curse.

But the damage was done by then. I still can't bring myself to play KSP anymore, and it has changed so much since I left that I would have to completely re-learn how to play it.

[Image: e10a148a19e785c0ce57afe7052b3b21.png]
Well these are the stats for my steam account. Money well spent I guess.
edit: wrong image...somehow...
[Image: vTb40IT.gif]
(08-24-2016, 08:06 PM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote: [ -> ][Image: vTb40IT.gif]
Walk onto the battlefield and be like "what's up motherfuckers!?"
[Image: 976d8737193d49e429a4b82638823fca-d9v91vp.jpg]
ARGH! I'm really sick of Youtube's "reccommended" videos and their lack of any knowledge about what I actually watch.
The process to test their broken system:
1. I'm not logged in.
2. I have no watch or search history to take from (even went and clicked to remove it to make sure)
3. I click a video for a game OST I want to hear
4. Youtube decides I want to watch fail compilations and other obvious clickbait garbage
CONGLATURATION YOUTUBE! YOU CAN'T EVEN DO THAT RIGHT!
Seriously, FAIL COMPILATIONS?!
"TRY NOT TO LAUGH OR GRIN CHALLENGE! (IMPOSSIBLE!!!)"
"Best Twitch Live Stream Fails!"
"Black Butler Live Action Movie w/ Subtitles" (Not sure where this one came from?)
And a few other anime related things for more unknown reasons? I don't watch anime on youtube.
Also recall I deleted my search and watch history. I suppose it could be Google using their crap spying to know that I like anime and reccommend stuff before I even click a video, but the fail compilations, vine crap, clickbait, and other trash? Not sure how they could ever have deduced that I somehow like or even look at that, because, guess what Youtube? I don't. Just stop. Please. Some of these thumbails are almost gross and I don't want to have to look at them.

Late Edit:
THE 163RD PAGE
-6 PAGES REMAIN-
(08-24-2016, 09:44 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Some of these thumbails are almost gross and I don't want to have to look at them.

I actually have a hilarious but effective solution for that.
http://gabeify.com/

-EDIT-

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748794686
HOLY SHIT
This ARG is awesome.
(08-24-2016, 10:34 PM)Umbra Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2016, 09:44 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Some of these thumbails are almost gross and I don't want to have to look at them.

-EDIT-

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748794686
HOLY SHIT
This ARG is awesome.
I love how they worked Muselk's "threat" into it.
(08-24-2016, 10:34 PM)Umbra Wrote: [ -> ]

That would be inconvien-
HOLD UP JUST A MINUTE! YOU'RE A DRAGON NOW.
(08-24-2016, 10:59 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2016, 10:34 PM)Umbra Wrote: [ -> ]I actually have a hilarious but effective solution for that.

That would be inconvien-

time to ban the account until the real umbra comes back
(08-24-2016, 10:59 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]That would be inconvien-

Actually, it's just a monster from Monster Hu-

(08-24-2016, 11:29 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]time to ban the account until the real umbra comes back

NO WAIT IT'S ME oAo

(08-24-2016, 10:52 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I love how they worked Muselk's "threat" into it.

They what now?