Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
oh wait, I forgot to kick down this place's door too....
*door kick*
[Image: tumblr_oprpxohoXO1thew31o1_1280.jpg]
https://sexy-shiny-umbreon.tumblr.com/post/160536745202/
GUYS LOOKIE!!!
THE SHIP HAS SET SAIL
Please don't hurt me :/
ha! I'd wish
; w;
*Null is a full time loner lonewolf*
(05-11-2017, 10:49 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]ha! I'd wish
; w;
*Null is a full time loner lonewolf*

It's okay you'll find somebody eventually.

Maybe.
(05-11-2017, 04:14 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, if you wanna talk bitter, I have and will probably continue to make myself seen in communities where I'm not exactly welcome purely out of spite for those who want me to leave.

Ah. No wonder I find you so annoying.

I mean you seem like a nice guy but yeh, you have practically no reason to be here. Nonetheless you are exponentially more of a regular here than I, and as such I will almost certainly end up deserting this place before you.

Also doesn't help that no one's repping even my good posts, hmph~
(05-11-2017, 04:14 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, if you wanna talk bitter, I have and will probably continue to make myself seen in communities where I'm not exactly welcome purely out of spite for those who want me to leave.

Have you considered trying to enjoy life and find people whose company is actually worthwhile to you?
(05-12-2017, 02:13 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]

Have you considered trying to enjoy life and find people whose company is actually worthwhile to you?

Didn't work out so great sadly.

(05-12-2017, 02:11 AM)Sock of Retribution Wrote: [ -> ]

Ah. No wonder I find you so annoying.

I mean you seem like a nice guy but yeh, you have practically no reason to be here. Nonetheless you are exponentially more of a regular here than I, and as such I will almost certainly end up deserting this place before you.

Also doesn't help that no one's repping even my good posts, hmph~

Well, I'm not here specifically just because people want me gone. Those people all left. I'm here because I've been here for almost as long as the nexus has been a thing and I intend to see it through to whatever end it'll meet.

probably the reason you find me annoying is that I tend to be a bit narcissistic
(05-12-2017, 02:44 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't work out so great sadly.

Well, I'm not here specifically just because people want me gone. Those people all left. I'm here because I've been here for almost as long as the nexus has been a thing and I intend to see it through to whatever end it'll meet.

probably the reason you find me annoying is that I tend to be a bit narcissistic

If you're waiting for the true "end" of the Avali Nexus, it's never gonna happen: you're really just waiting for nothing. There's always gonna be that person who decides to post something as long as the site is still up.

If you ask me, though, the Avali Nexus already ended. It's just the Nexus now, and it doesn't really live up to that name either. This place is like a ghost town not just in the way that it's near-deserted, but also in the way that it used to be a very lively community hub that everybody in the avali community looked to. People moved on only because there was nothing to hold their attention, and nobody came to replace them because there was nothing to catch their attention. It's sad, really.

I'm not blaming anyone in particular and I'm not trying to attack anyone. I apologize if my language suggests that.
(05-12-2017, 03:18 AM)Sock of Retribution Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2017, 02:44 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't work out so great sadly.

If you're waiting for the true "end" of the Avali Nexus, it's never gonna happen: you're really just waiting for nothing. There's always gonna be that person who decides to post something as long as the site is still up.

If you ask me, though, the Avali Nexus already ended. It's just the Nexus now, and it doesn't really live up to that name either. This place is like a ghost town not just in the way that it's near-deserted, but also in the way that it used to be a very lively community hub that everybody in the avali community looked to. People moved on only because there was nothing to hold their attention, and nobody came to replace them because there was nothing to catch their attention. It's sad, really.

I'm not blaming anyone in particular and I'm not trying to attack anyone. I apologize if my language suggests that.
Kinda depressing how we always end up talking about where the community went so wrong.

I dunno, anybody else been doing the Nexus challenge on Heroes of the Storm for that sweet Overwatch loot?
I have yet to feel that the challenges are worthwhile.  So I haven't.
(05-12-2017, 05:12 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]I have yet to feel that the challenges are worthwhile.  So I haven't.

Fair enough I guess, the "exclusive" skins will get a general release eventually. Though next week's reward is 10 loot boxes in both games.
(05-12-2017, 03:28 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno, anybody else been doing the Nexus challenge on Heroes of the Storm for that sweet Overwatch loot?

I actually haven't touched Overwatch in a while, I dunno it just stopped holding my attention very much. Mostly moved on to Siege now as I greatly enjoy the tactical depth of the game.

That and the challenges just feel hella grindy. I really don't like MOBAs so playing HotS is a chore at best. I honestly wish there was some overwatch based way to earn the skins too, since nothing makes me resent the game more than feeling like I have to play it just to get something I want in a totally unrelated game.

I wish the cross promotion was more like "Here, we'll kick you some free stuff in our other game too if you wanna try it out", not "We'll force you to play it for 10 hours cause we know you want that skin"
(05-12-2017, 06:23 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2017, 03:28 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno, anybody else been doing the Nexus challenge on Heroes of the Storm for that sweet Overwatch loot?

I actually haven't touched Overwatch in a while, I dunno it just stopped holding my attention very much. Mostly moved on to Siege now as I greatly enjoy the tactical depth of the game.

That and the challenges just feel hella grindy. I really don't like MOBAs so playing HotS is a chore at best. I honestly wish there was some overwatch based way to earn the skins too, since nothing makes me resent the game more than feeling like I have to play it just to get something I want in a totally unrelated game.

I wish the cross promotion was more like "Here, we'll kick you some free stuff in our other game too if you wanna try it out", not "We'll force you to play it for 10 hours cause we know you want that skin"
10 hours is a bit of an exaggeration but I see your point.

Like I said to Rinoah the skins are apparently going to be released into Overwatch loot boxes at a thus-far undetermined point.

As for moving to Siege I can only comment insofar about Siege, I avoid anything with Uplay attached to it on principle.
(05-12-2017, 07:32 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2017, 06:23 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]I actually haven't touched Overwatch in a while, I dunno it just stopped holding my attention very much. Mostly moved on to Siege now as I greatly enjoy the tactical depth of the game.

10 hours is a bit of an exaggeration but I see your point.

Like I said to Rinoah the skins are apparently going to be released into Overwatch loot boxes at a thus-far undetermined point.

As for moving to Siege I can only comment insofar about Siege, I avoid anything with Uplay attached to it on principle.

Honestly Siege is like ubisoft's one exception where they didn't fuck it up entirely. It has it's share of problems but it's a good experience. It's improved loads since launch (where it got a bad rap) and it's popularity is pretty much on the rise; there's actually more active players now than it had immediately at launch.

In fact they recently announced that they're dedicating season 2 this year to addressing player concerns over matchmaking and server, instead of the planned content release (split between the later planned content this year now). I mean you could make all sorts of arguments about how those shouldn't be issues in the first place but at least ubi is explicitly addressing it in their development plan.

Probably not your thing if you're an overwatch type though since it's practically the polar opposite.
(05-12-2017, 08:53 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2017, 07:32 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]10 hours is a bit of an exaggeration but I see your point.

Honestly Siege is like ubisoft's one exception where they didn't fuck it up entirely. It has it's share of problems but it's a good experience. It's improved loads since launch (where it got a bad rap) and it's popularity is pretty much on the rise; there's actually more active players now than it had immediately at launch.

In fact they recently announced that they're dedicating season 2 this year to addressing player concerns over matchmaking and server, instead of the planned content release (split between the later planned content this year now). I mean you could make all sorts of arguments about how those shouldn't be issues in the first place but at least ubi is explicitly addressing it in their development plan.

Probably not your thing if you're an overwatch type though since it's practically the polar opposite.
Yeah I've seen a lot of it on YouTube, read about how successful it is, and it certainly seems in very good order. My issue is with Uplay itself though, so I'd rather stick to my guns.
*spits out tea*
Surge's a shark!!!!
Some guy in discord actually asked me "is that another umbreon?"

I calmly informed him that was the single stupidest question anyone had ever asked me.
(05-12-2017, 11:56 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Some guy in discord actually asked me "is that another umbreon?"

I calmly informed him that was the single stupidest question anyone had ever asked me.

well technically you're kinda a edgy umbreon, not sure why the shark though, Leo?
(05-12-2017, 02:21 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2017, 11:56 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Some guy in discord actually asked me "is that another umbreon?"

well technically you're kinda a edgy umbreon, not sure why the shark though, Leo?
No a new sona has been long overdue. No relation to my psychotic Jaeran though.
Shark Surge is pretty cool.