Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So Surge you're a person who has their opinions and willing to provide them with a stalwart defense...

How does one deal with bystanders jumping into a calm disagreement to suppress them, due to this assumption one is trying to cause drama?
(10-10-2016, 02:50 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]So Surge you're a person who has their opinions and willing to provide them with a stalwart defense...

How does one deal with bystanders jumping into a calm disagreement to suppress them, due to this assumption one is trying to cause drama?
Like, I'm lacking a lot of context here. My first assumption is you have a mod going "CALM DOWN YOU TWO" to two totally calm people because CONFLICT BAD in which case there isn't anything you can do, you can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into. If somebody is doing the above vigilante style you can basically ignore them as they probably didn't reason themselves into this position either.

I should clarify, before anyone gets butthurt, that not reasoning yourself into a position doesn't mean you have no reason, but doing something because it feels right or wrong is a reason, not an example of using good reasoning.

Also semantic saturation
(10-10-2016, 02:54 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2016, 02:50 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]So Surge you're a person who has their opinions and willing to provide them with a stalwart defense...

Like, I'm lacking a lot of context here. My first assumption is you have a mod going "CALM DOWN YOU TWO" to two totally calm people because CONFLICT BAD in which case there isn't anything you can do, you can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into. If somebody is doing the above vigilante style you can basically ignore them as they probably didn't reason themselves into this position either.

I should clarify, before anyone gets butthurt, that not reasoning yourself into a position doesn't mean you have no reason, but doing something because it feels right or wrong is a reason, not an example of using good reasoning.

Also semantic saturation

More like backseat moderators telling me to calm down and stop talking in polite conversation because they think I'm trying to start shit, but they actually start it.

But I like the reason thing I'll try to ignore them, the place has been infected with sjw ideals and as a result is hypersensitive and allergic to seriousness and differences of opinion.
(10-10-2016, 01:38 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]

:V

Where's the inevitable Florida Man presidential nomination? I mean, he'd fit right in with the rest of the madness.
(10-10-2016, 10:49 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2016, 01:38 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]

Where's the inevitable Florida Man presidential nomination? I mean, he'd fit right in with the rest of the madness.
I'd rather vote for him too
(10-10-2016, 11:34 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2016, 10:49 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Where's the inevitable Florida Man presidential nomination? I mean, he'd fit right in with the rest of the madness.
I'd rather vote for him too

i think most people would.
oh boi, moving on up in the world. From discord server Admin to Subreddit admin. Sitting in a "meeting" on discord of how we're going to set it up right now.
(10-10-2016, 10:49 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2016, 01:38 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]-florida man-

well we got deez nutz this year, so yeah probably next presidential election we might get florida man
[Image: deez-nuts.jpg?quality=85&strip=all]
*yawn*
What did I miss?
(10-11-2016, 03:44 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: [ -> ]*yawn*
What did I miss?

Absolutely nothing.
this place has been nothing interesting for the past few months
*coughprophecycough*
Being a senior member of anything, especially when you're one of the original members, almost automatically gives you the authority and respect of a moderator or admin, at least among other members that have been there for some time.
(10-11-2016, 03:22 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]Being a senior member of anything, especially when you're one of the original members, almost automatically gives you the authority and respect of a moderator or admin, at least among other members that have been there for some time.
AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Oh fuck me that's funny.
Sorry sorry but no really though I've literally never had that be the case, it just happens that whoever has the more connections and is well known gets more respect. A guy who has been there 6 years but isn't terribly active will get way less respect than somebody who has been there a month and is super popular.

source: I've been with a few communities for years and had people who I brought into those communities consistently decide my input and opinions aren't worth the time to even read.
It happens. Sands of time changing seasons and all that poetics.

Seems like ever since Dischord started getting popular, all the places I hang out at are setting record lows for new activity. They even got KC!
wait what, what happened? who's been stealing our members now?
Discord is, generally speaking, a pretty great platform in that it rolls the best parts of skype and teamspeak into one, it even boasts what few features made forums like ours stand out, easy separation of topics, embeds, long lasting logs, etc.
(10-11-2016, 03:22 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]Being a senior member of anything, especially when you're one of the original members, almost automatically gives you the authority and respect of a moderator or admin, at least among other members that have been there for some time.
Not at all true.

(10-11-2016, 05:53 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]It happens. Sands of time changing seasons and all that poetics.

Seems like ever since Dischord started getting popular, all the places I hang out at are setting record lows for new activity. They even got KC!
Yes we got kC...

Want him back?
(10-11-2016, 08:53 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
Not at all true.

(10-11-2016, 05:53 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]It happens. Sands of time changing seasons and all that poetics.

Yes we got kC...

Want him back?

Shure, what could go wrong?
*vietnam style 169 flashback*
So I've been thinking of getting AI War Collection, heard good things about it. Anyone else's opinion on it?