Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The first one is always easy, since it's the test run to figure out the skill level etcetra of the group. Next mission is probably going to involve lots of infighting.

I've personally been a fan of the firefly for quite a while, it's one of those mechs with a certain specific silhouette that draws my eye.
(11-04-2016, 07:25 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]The first one is always easy, since it's the test run to figure out the skill level etcetra of the group. Next mission is probably going to involve lots of infighting.

I've personally been a fan of the firefly for quite a while, it's one of those mechs with a certain specific silhouette that draws my eye.
Yeah I talked a bit with our GM afterwards and he said he didn't quite expect us to rip through the mission so fast.

I'm definitely liking the Firefly so far, my only real complaint being that it isn't necessarily super speedy for a light, on level ground the Scorpion outruns it and so I depend on the jump jets to confound return fire and outmaneuver other mechs.
[Image: d2e.jpg]
fox storage, drawn with fennekins
(11-04-2016, 05:46 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

How the fuck did they pack that much story into the first three episodes? Just what kind of story arcs are they rushing towards to animate?

Well, the memes tell me it's something over the top, but technically I'm supposed to pretend those don't exist while watching this.

it's called a "bizarre" adventure for a reason.
[Image: RApHSOw.jpg]
Dear Diary.
Today I got my math professor to tell me to shut up and had a minor crisis over trying to figure out why literally everyone in the room, professor included was getting an answer to a problem that was 1 whole off from the given correct answer.
[Image: JKuBw66.gif]
I still don't know.
WHERE DID THE 12 COME FROM!? HOW DO YOU LOSE ONE WHOLE WHEN CALCULATING TO THE TENTH!?
(11-04-2016, 03:15 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Diary.
Today I got my math professor to tell me to shut up and had a minor crisis over trying to figure out why literally everyone in the room, professor included was getting an answer to a problem that was 1 whole off from the given correct answer.

I still don't know.
WHERE DID THE 12 COME FROM!? HOW DO YOU LOSE ONE WHOLE WHEN CALCULATING TO THE TENTH!?

he must be getting old
(11-04-2016, 12:01 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ][Image: d2e.jpg]
fox storage, drawn with fennekins

[Image: tumblr_o0k46nKeHE1upwzm1o1_500.jpg]
It is real!
Edit: And by real I mean photoshopped, but there are at least two really stacked there.

I still don't know.

I did that earlier today actually, except I somehow got a negative when the only possible answer was positive, we all then spent about 30 minutes dissecting what had happened. I misplaced one sign, it felt like my first year of programming all over again.
(11-04-2016, 07:19 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]

I still don't know.

I did that earlier today actually, except I somehow got a negative when the only possible answer was positive, we all then spent about 30 minutes dissecting what had happened. I misplaced one sign, it felt like my first year of programming all over again.
Nobody cared that nobody had the correct answer, like I said they were mad at me for asking about it multiple times, it was crazy.
(11-04-2016, 11:23 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2016, 07:25 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]The first one is always easy, since it's the test run to figure out the skill level etcetra of the group.  Next mission is probably going to involve lots of infighting.  

Yeah I talked a bit with our GM afterwards and he said he didn't quite expect us to rip through the mission so fast.

I'm definitely liking the Firefly so far, my only real complaint being that it isn't necessarily super speedy for a light, on level ground the Scorpion outruns it and so I depend on the jump jets to confound return fire and outmaneuver other mechs.

And I suppose that megamek doesn't allow use of your silhouette to add additional dodge capability either aye?  I suppose the speed is what allows you to carry a slightly heavier weapons load though.  You'd have to drop something to upgrade the engine and such right?  Firefly is one of those mechs that can crouch effectively due to it's design.  Anything on acceleration?
(11-05-2016, 12:33 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2016, 11:23 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I talked a bit with our GM afterwards and he said he didn't quite expect us to rip through the mission so fast.

And I suppose that megamek doesn't allow use of your silhouette to add additional dodge capability either aye?  I suppose the speed is what allows you to carry a slightly heavier weapons load though.  You'd have to drop something to upgrade the engine and such right?  Firefly is one of those mechs that can crouch effectively due to it's design.  Anything on acceleration?

The further you move the harder you are to hit, so you can use all your movement points and not get the defensive modifier if you don't get to accelerate to a good speed, and yeah you'd have to drop some stuff to run a bigger engine in the firefly. Also no the game doesn't consider shape or size for how hard you are to hit.
(11-05-2016, 12:36 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2016, 12:33 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]And I suppose that megamek doesn't allow use of your silhouette to add additional dodge capability either aye?  I suppose the speed is what allows you to carry a slightly heavier weapons load though.  You'd have to drop something to upgrade the engine and such right?  Firefly is one of those mechs that can crouch effectively due to it's design.  Anything on acceleration?

The further you move the harder you are to hit, so you can use all your movement points and not get the defensive modifier if you don't get to accelerate to a good speed, and yeah you'd have to drop some stuff to run a bigger engine in the firefly. Also no the game doesn't consider shape or size for how hard you are to hit.

Sad.  Shape and size are the flat out biggest difference in any real situation.  Oh well, nothing's perfect.  Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far however.  I suppose you'll get to see just how much a difference it's stats make next time you run it though.  Prepare for the overcompensation. 

I am splitting up all my thoughts too much and it's aggravating even me, yet I do not know how to fix it right now.  Uhhg.
[Image: 1FzLPBE.jpg]
I swear to fucking god, I am at wit's end telling people to get their shitposts out of general and just being responded to with more shitposts
HOLY FUCKING SHIT, BATMAN
I just now discovered how absolutely amazing the Terrarian is with fire gauntlets and a yoyo bag.
this shouldn't be legal. or possible. but it's so stupidly broken and I love it.
(11-05-2016, 04:29 AM)Umbra Wrote: [ -> ]HOLY FUCKING SHIT, BATMAN
I just now discovered how absolutely amazing the Terrarian is with fire gauntlets and a yoyo bag.
this shouldn't be legal. or possible. but it's so stupidly broken and I love it.

Even just a yoyo bag. But to be fair it is endgame i.e. you need to have beaten the final boss to get it, thereby kind of making it pointless except as an OP trophy.
Something simple like a seven setting scale of, "tiny, small, stunty, normal, hulking, large, huge" would be nice and assist balance. I'd imagine a - or + 10 respectively if you're using a D100 system, - or + 2 and such for D20s and so on. Movement modifiers added to even out the chances of getting hit is also neat, but that's just me being picky.
(11-05-2016, 05:40 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]Something simple like a seven setting scale of, "tiny, small, stunty, normal, hulking, large, huge" would be nice and assist balance. I'd imagine a - or + 10 respectively if you're using a D100 system, - or + 2 and such for D20s and so on. Movement modifiers added to even out the chances of getting hit is also neat, but that's just me being picky.
Battletech is a 2d6 system
(11-05-2016, 05:41 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2016, 05:40 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]Something simple like a seven setting scale of, "tiny, small, stunty, normal, hulking, large, huge" would be nice and assist balance. I'd imagine a - or + 10 respectively if you're using a D100 system, - or + 2 and such for D20s and so on. Movement modifiers added to even out the chances of getting hit is also neat, but that's just me being picky.
Battletech is a 2d6 system

Rounding down to a - or + 1 then would probably be best if you wanted to fit that mechanic in.
(11-05-2016, 05:43 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2016, 05:41 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Battletech is a 2d6 system

Rounding down to a - or + 1 then would probably be best if you wanted to fit that mechanic in.
I don't think you'd want to, battletech's construction rules are pretty bloated as is, mechs that are large or small for their weight class like the Grasshopper would suddenly become unbalanced, mechs that are already not appealing choices would either get better or even worse, and already strong mechs like Hellstar could become even more powerful. It would just make a fundamental mess of the balance across the 600 some chassis in Battletech, and that's just the mechs.