Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-09-2017, 12:01 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]still the same old folks tho, I guess everyone is looking forward for summer? or a good portion of us are already old smelly adults

I am. Not sure what I am gonna do but yeah ill do something I guess.
I have a semester of classes over the summer. Engine repair if I recall correctly.
I'm going to be taking an internship job over the summer myself: feels cool and productive to have a job at the age of 16 [that isn't fast-food related]. I also have an FRC (FIRST Robotics Competition) team to be a useful member of, summer school (I'm homeschooled), and SAT prep, but to be honest I think I'll still have a good amount of free time left over.
Well glad you've got prospects ahead of you, I fucked myself over in high school so I have a background of a whole lotta jack shit at 21.
I just work full time and (try to) draw in my off time

Summer has nothing for me but less traffic in the mornings, as I don't start college until the fall semester.
It's hard to think of time in terms of school semesters now. I landed myself a job though so in the coming weeks I should be starting work as a full-time software engineering consultant. In the near future at least, the majority of the firms work is defense related so I'll be taking part in those projects.
So most of us are stinky adults at this point?
Ya'll still young to me i've been working 10 years already, full time for 6 of those years.

Summer just means a change of traffic patterns- who is available when.
(05-10-2017, 04:39 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Well glad you've got prospects ahead of you, I fucked myself over in high school so I have a background of a whole lotta jack shit at 21.

Thanks for the words of encouragement!  Big Grin
Enjoy the enthusiasm while it lasts.

I was also big on robotics all through high school, and even now I do a lot of automation engineering- designing and repairing the control systems that make these machines come alive.

But when you hit the workforce, its not the work that beats you up. Its the politics, the simple fact that people will prioritize their paychecks and career advancement over technical progress and design evolution.

At the end of the day all your coworkers care about is getting their paycheck. They will not be passionate about what is being made, or be willing to put forth any more effort than absolutely necessary to get the job done.

Unfortunately this mentality is so commonplace and stressful that it chews up and spits out anyone who tries to be more than that until they too do the same.
That mentality is the sad product of our society. You have to make your own living somebody else's way or you're SOL. If you take risks you could be punished, if you do more than you need there's no guarantee of reward, and your life is secondary to your career.
It's like they say.

Life is a bitch then you die.

Unless you live by a beach
Then it's life is a beach.
I'm actually not particularly enthusiastic about work already: play is exponentially more appealing to me. And to be honest, I already don't try too hard because I have too much emphasis on play, because it's the better part of life.

Life is just whatever you want to look at it as.

And hey, there's always social reform.
I can sympathize with that. It's just hard for me to justify putting my career ahead of my sanity and general well-being. What's the point of life if I just stress over staying alive instead of actually living.
I could not agree more with that.
(05-10-2017, 09:30 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I can sympathize with that. It's just hard for me to justify putting my career ahead of my sanity and general well-being. What's the point of life if I just stress over staying alive instead of actually living.

By age 30 you'll be over it, and have for the most part accepted being a grumpy old man who works too hard for too little and gets no support or appreciation at all from anyone outside your immeadiate family.

And all the college students you bump into online will poke fun at why you are so grumpy and bitter at the world. Smile and watch them burn as they graduate and hit the same wall you did.
You know what would be interesting.

Making a wall play a wall in a game of ping pong or tennis you could have an infinite game
(05-10-2017, 11:58 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2017, 09:30 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I can sympathize with that. It's just hard for me to justify putting my career ahead of my sanity and general well-being. What's the point of life if I just stress over staying alive instead of actually living.

By age 30 you'll be over it, and have for the most part accepted being a grumpy old man who works too hard for too little and gets no support or appreciation at all from anyone outside your immeadiate family.

And all the college students you bump into online will poke fun at why you are so grumpy and bitter at the world. Smile and watch them burn as they graduate and hit the same wall you did.
You're even more bitter than Mary Tudor.
(05-10-2017, 11:58 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]

You sound like a joyless husk.
I hope you're not but man you sound like one.
Not a good one either.
I mean, if you wanna talk bitter, I have and will probably continue to make myself seen in communities where I'm not exactly welcome purely out of spite for those who want me to leave.