Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-08-2016, 04:45 AM)Umbra Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2016, 04:34 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]:p okay I won't overanalyze.

Dunno if the mercs are playing a big part in your story (considering it's Sirius' group, I imagine "yes") but the funny thing is, I've been working on a mercenary group too (minus the Reapers and magic... unless you count Kineptic "magic") but for a potential RP idea sometime in the future. Not just mercenaries though. More like an "Agents For Hire". Merc work, subtrefuge, "legitimate" diplomacy, actual legitimate diplomacy, surveillance, bounty hunting, smuggling, secret-hoarding, etc. Multiple species in a futuristic setting. Got 7 characters partially planned out and haven't even come up with the name of their group x.x (Notes call it "The organization". Tempted to just keep it that way for mysteriousness.)

Well, yeah, they are. They're the group the story centers on.
The mercenaries are 'only part' mercenaries, by the way. They actually try and enact vigilante justice by culling major threats that the corrupt government of [city name TBD] won't/doesn't care to/is being paid not to do anything about. Stuff like Mafia, drug cartels, etc.
Hence the original "Chaotic Good" designation.

Call the city Mahtog Esrever!

And yeah, mine are probably more Chaotic Neutral. They do good things, they do bad things, basically they do whatever it's in their interests to do, unless it conflicts with [organization tenets/rules TBD] (stuff like killing without enough reason, causing major disruptions that would put eyes on the organization, and removal of free will (in most cases)) If they existed in the same universe, these guys would probably end up being equally part of the problem and part of the solution. And they would switch between the two haphazardly, possibly even both at once.

._.
Argh. My screen was too bright earlier while playing a game and I got a headache and now my headphones are hurting my head :/
Since none but the most expensive headphones have foam to have them not press into your scalp, I've taken a small cut-out piece of furniture leg grip and placed it on top of my head to act like the foam... I'm not sure if it's making a difference, but I am 100% certain I look ridiculous.
So in XCOM: EW MECs had an ability called one for all. This allowed you to turn the MEC into a piece of heavy cover, unable to act and still taking damage when hit, so I never used it because my MECs were all damage dealers. XCOM2 seems to understand this, as SPARKs have the same ability, but it's a passive and comes with a free armor pip.

[Image: aRdtl1F.gif]
No longer will my rangers have to languish in open fields, unable to bunny hop into melee range.
[Image: 2icaq8c.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_oa024rb33y1uflnsqo1_400.png][Image: tumblr_oa024rb33y1uflnsqo2_400.png]
kinda based off that one frame in awkward zombie's web comic
[Image: 1eb.jpg]
[Image: 7drHiqr.gif]

Edit: OH JOY Of JOYS! APPARENTLY THE UI IS UNMODDABLE! WE'RE STUCK WITH THE CRAP HOTBAR PERMANENTLY!
Fucking brilliant. Make one of your game's big points be moddability, and then lock out a very important part of the game from being modded. GEN-I-US!
(07-08-2016, 05:02 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]And yeah, mine are probably more Chaotic Neutral. They do good things, they do bad things, basically they do whatever it's in their interests to do, unless it conflicts with [organization tenets/rules TBD] (stuff like killing without enough reason, causing major disruptions that would put eyes on the organization, and removal of free will (in most cases)) If they existed in the same universe, these guys would probably end up being equally part of the problem and part of the solution. And they would switch between the two haphazardly, possibly even both at once.
Chaotic Neutral also tend to find unintended solutions to problems made only to consider the extremity answer. Because when you're not bound by laws or morals, more possibilities on how to get the job done arise.

Consider the classic Runaway Trolley: There is a Runaway Trolley, no driver is inside to stop it. You are near the track switch for two tracks, on one track is 1 person, on the other 5 people. So the question is, where do you make the trolley go? Those who are Evil select the track with 5 people (more casualties), those who are Good have a BSOD as the thought of killing someone else to save others causes a moral cascade, and those who are Lawful or otherwise Neutral select the track with 1 person (less casualties).

The correct answer is, of course, off the rails.
(07-08-2016, 11:51 PM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2016, 05:02 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]And yeah, mine are probably more Chaotic Neutral. They do good things, they do bad things, basically they do whatever it's in their interests to do, unless it conflicts with [organization tenets/rules TBD] (stuff like killing without enough reason, causing major disruptions that would put eyes on the organization, and removal of free will (in most cases)) If they existed in the same universe, these guys would probably end up being equally part of the problem and part of the solution. And they would switch between the two haphazardly, possibly even both at once.
Chaotic Neutral also tend to find unintended solutions to problems made only to consider the extremity answer. Because when you're not bound by laws or morals, more possibilities on how to get the job done arise.

Consider the classic Runaway Trolley: There is a Runaway Trolley, no driver is inside to stop it. You are near the track switch for two tracks, on one track is 1 person, on the other 5 people. So the question is, where do you make the trolley go? Those who are Evil select the track with 5 people (more casualties), those who are Good have a BSOD as the thought of killing someone else to save others causes a moral cascade, and those who are Lawful or otherwise Neutral select the track with 1 person (less casualties).

The correct answer is, of course, off the rails.

Don't forget neutral neutral who either just lets natural selection take it's course.  Or does something completely off the wall for the best possible outcome.  Like blow up the tracks where there isn't anyone to send it off the rails.  Because they'd rather not be bothered with really thinking about anything so droll and boring.  good/evil are egotists after all and always want to see the outcome of what they've done for good or bad.  Neutral neutral couldn't give a rats arse when you can just keep going to get the job done faster and with less trouble.
In other news, today is my birthday. Go me

Big Grin
(07-09-2016, 01:07 AM)Comito Wrote: [ -> ]In other news, today is my birthday. Go me

Big Grin

Congrats on turning a number.

Have a link to something awesome since I can't really give you anything else for your birthday.

http://www.frankklepacki.com/listen.html
(07-09-2016, 01:07 AM)Comito Wrote: [ -> ]In other news, today is my birthday. Go me

Big Grin

Happy Birdday!

Big Grin

Happy birthday, Comito! Big Grin
HAPPY ASSEMBLY DAY FELLOW HUMAN.

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1467482619623.webm
HERESY.
Thank you all so much!
(07-09-2016, 01:21 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1467482619623.webm
HERESY.

[Image: g5kLoYQ.jpg]

Okay, so Blizzard just 'leaked' what might possibly be an upcoming support hero's weapon... And how the account replies to the top few comments is great.
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/750736158624215040/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
SGDQ has a whole Elder Scrolls block this time around o.o
All 5 numbered Elder Scrolls Games speedrunned OWO

Big Grin
*party blower noises*
*the quality of the noises sounds like it's been recorded*
also the petroleum scented ants has returned
A support that deals damage to build healing. Cool!
(07-09-2016, 05:43 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]also the petroleum scented ants has returned

[Image: latest?cb=20081123184403]
(07-09-2016, 06:28 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2016, 05:43 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]also the petroleum scented ants has returned

[Image: latest?cb=20081123184403]
I mean sure you lose the house and everything in it

But you got rid of the ants

And that's all that matters