Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-07-2016, 01:54 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2016, 01:40 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]It's probably just an issue of getting our code to talk to theirs.

Not nearly as easy as it sounds.

Not impossible either.

They're both compiled applications, tapatalk is probably proprietary - you can't even see its code, let alone change it.

MyBB is open source but you'd probably need to understand how tapatalk handles it to understand why spoilers are causing an issue.
Well I'm sure tapatalk would help sites maintain compatibility with the ad revenue involved.
(07-07-2016, 01:40 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]It's probably just an issue of getting our code to talk to theirs.

Not impossible either.

They're both compiled applications, tapatalk is probably proprietary - you can't even see its code, let alone change it.

MyBB is open source but you'd probably need to understand how tapatalk handles it to understand why spoilers are causing an issue.
The spoilers appear as links because that's what they are: they're hypertext that's wired up to some javascript that adds and removes the content.

Tapatalk should have some configuration on our side, unless manglement decided we should never touch anything. Hopefully, the config can also disable the taptalk ad (which boots you back to the first page of the thread when closed).
Apperently pokemon go is already released for US, Aus, Eur(maybe?), and Jap but yet not even Miitomo is released here yet, what's with nintendo ignoring the south east asia market? It's not like we're a bunch of pirates, right?

I'm no malay nor muslim but what with the sudden house fire happening to other's houses especially on festive seasons?
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/family-three-rescued-burning-house-041052066.html
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/woman-dies-fire-engulfs-her-041457130.html
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/fire-sweeps-row-sungai-udang-042214660.html
there's three, Illuminati confirmed

I cant recall the exact temperature of Avalon but I'm sure it's enough to freeze mercury, imagine way before the railguns, avali shoots mercury ball muskets
(07-07-2016, 06:07 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]Snip
I cant recall the exact temperature of Avalon but I'm sure it's enough to freeze mercury, imagine way before the railguns, avali shoots mercury ball muskets

Multiple problems with that idea, but it is an interesting idea nontheless.
-Avalon is too cold. It would be very difficult to get even Mercury to the point it melts, pretty sure, since combustible materials are few and far between on a frozen wasteland.
-The Avali never got to that level of technology - they were primal and were sort of skipped a few massive tech levels up if I recall. If anything, they had bows and arrows. Maybe crossbows. Probably no musket-level tech yet.
-Mercury isn't a very common element. They would need to find large deposits on Avalon, a way to mine it, a way to work it, and a way to not die from poisoning from it (pretty sure Mercury would be equally as horribly toxic to Avali as it is to Water-based life.)
-What would the Musket itself be made from? I don't think early Avali did a lot of metalwork, since the temperatures needed were too high. Could also be mercury I guess?

That said, it would be kind of hilarious.
Human: "I got this ancient Avali spear and musket from a trader! They're probably worth a fortune!"
Human: *Opens box*
*A large pool of liquid mercury sits at the bottom of the box*
Human: "..." ( ・__・)

The memorization. THE MEMORIZATION.
(07-07-2016, 06:59 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2016, 06:07 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]Snip

Multiple problems with that idea, but it is an interesting idea nontheless.
-Avalon is too cold. It would be very difficult to get even Mercury to the point it melts, pretty sure, since combustible materials are few and far between on a frozen wasteland.
-The Avali never got to that level of technology - they were primal and were sort of skipped a few massive tech levels up if I recall. If anything, they had bows and arrows. Maybe crossbows. Probably no musket-level tech yet.
-Mercury isn't a very common element. They would need to find large deposits on Avalon, a way to mine it, a way to work it, and a way to not die from poisoning from it (pretty sure Mercury would be equally as horribly toxic to Avali as it is to Water-based life.)
-What would the Musket itself be made from? I don't think early Avali did a lot of metalwork, since the temperatures needed were too high. Could also be mercury I guess?

That said, it would be kind of hilarious.
Human: "I got this ancient Avali spear and musket from a trader! They're probably worth a fortune!"
Human: *Opens box*
*A large pool of liquid mercury sits at the bottom of the box*
Human: "..." ( ・__・)

The memorization. THE MEMORIZATION.

probably aluminium since the lower melting point and weight but it isnt that available in pure form so there's that and definatly not aerogel(everything)
[Image: af8.jpg]
swiggity swooty I'm saw that booty
More of my LPs.

well I found this on reddit
[Image: 3da2u3nl3q7x.jpg]

this just speak "soviet stronk"
[Image: de7.jpg]
brits and tea(you guys stole it from the chinese)

Edit: tea scented soap

Not impossible either.

MyBB isn't compiled. Its a collection of PHP scripts that are parsed and executed by the server whenever a request is made. I can actually edit these on the fly to some extent, but doing so risks breaking things.

Modding it is also possible, but again I hesitate because it breaks things to do this.

(07-07-2016, 02:02 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2016, 01:54 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]They're both compiled applications, tapatalk is probably proprietary - you can't even see its code, let alone change it.

Well I'm sure tapatalk would help sites maintain compatibility with the ad revenue involved.

Not necessarily. The spoiler tags we are using come from a mod that was loaded, it is not a standard feature on this core. tapatalk cannot afford to support all the possible configurations out there, so they probably only support the core featureset and make no attempt at properly supporting modded in features like spoiler tags and certain types of embeds.

And as far as ads go, I've said before that I do not have them installed here. If tapatalk is putting ads on the site anyway, they are keeping that money for themselves- and have just given me a big reason to not like them.
(07-07-2016, 12:53 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2016, 01:54 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]They're both compiled applications, tapatalk is probably proprietary - you can't even see its code, let alone change it.

MyBB isn't compiled. Its a collection of PHP scripts that are parsed and executed by the server whenever a request is made. I can actually edit these on the fly to some extent, but doing so risks breaking things.

Modding it is also possible, but again I hesitate because it breaks things to do this.

(07-07-2016, 02:02 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Well I'm sure tapatalk would help sites maintain compatibility with the ad revenue involved.

Not necessarily. The spoiler tags we are using come from a mod that was loaded, it is not a standard feature on this core. tapatalk cannot afford to support all the possible configurations out there, so they probably only support the core featureset and make no attempt at properly supporting modded in features like spoiler tags and certain types of embeds.

And as far as ads go, I've said before that I do not have them installed here. If tapatalk is putting ads on the site anyway, they are keeping that money for themselves- and have just given me a big reason to not like them.
They only have ads in the app but are supposed to share profits with you.

I mainly use tapatalk for push notifications, wish there was an alternative.
(07-07-2016, 12:55 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2016, 12:53 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB isn't compiled. Its a collection of PHP scripts that are parsed and executed by the server whenever a request is made. I can actually edit these on the fly to some extent, but doing so risks breaking things.

They only have ads in the app but are supposed to share profits with you.

I mainly use tapatalk for push notifications, wish there was an alternative.
nope, it does sometimes pop ads telling users to "use their app" whenever you visit a site have the addon on mobile browser, most of the time it's just a bar on top of the site which if you're like me browsing on mobile still uses the landscape orientation can be annoying, but so far on the nexus it always the one that occupies the whole page. And I still refuses to install random single function app just for that one function where I could just use the browser, or the basic feature my phone already provide, the same goes for whatsapp that many of my locals have use but I still refuses, have a history of security flaws and even their usebase is constantly targeted by certain malicious ads that somehow forced my phone to open the app store quite a few times.
(07-07-2016, 06:59 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ](pretty sure Mercury would be equally as horribly toxic to Avali as it is to Water-based life.)
The way toxins work is actually pretty simple, it's basically just murderous chemistry. For example, Cyanide (IIRC) binds to the hemoglobin in your blood and blocks off oxygen. Mercury effects some part of our brains (I don't remember how), but considering they're still carbon-based, Mercury might poison Avali.
[Image: 8d3.jpg]
the ship sank
(07-07-2016, 04:54 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 8d3.jpg]
the ship sank
More like it burned just outside the harbor
[Image: tumblr_o9ye3jGFEM1uflnsqo1_1280.png]
I'm not sure is it me or is the C1 Ariete doesnt quite bounces shot as much as the challi, I mean even on it's sides the challi still can bounce shots where just a peek around a corner my Ariete just got shot and detracked(the gun is even worst)

:V
in cold environments like avalon explosives cannot actually go off, as you can't even spark the detonations. You're thinking plastic or chemical explosions now. Plastic explosives would require massive chemical research advancement beyond fire. And chemical reactions would just lose their energy faster than they produce it. The ONLY flammables that Avalon would even allow to survive would be extremes like thermite, even then, that would require an oxygen atmosphere. So. Completely ruins thoughts of human methodology of advancements.

They'd only be able to start at batteries and electricity of low values and advance using combined hybrid materials, lever style tech, and superconductivity caused by the temperatures on their world. There would be no fire, no explosives. I've brought up the possibility of using frozen saline solution or tubes filled with it as the earliest wires. As metalworking would be useless at such temperatures, where you would use liquid frozen over cloth or hide that you file down to be sharp as your tools. Or flint napping. Magnetism would be an everyday life type thing from early on and the temperatures make discovery and advancement of electricity very easy and rapid.
(07-07-2016, 06:52 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]in cold environments like avalon explosives cannot actually go off, as you can't even spark the detonations.  You're thinking plastic or chemical explosions now.  Plastic explosives would require massive chemical research advancement beyond fire.  And chemical reactions would just lose their energy faster than they produce it.  The ONLY flammables that Avalon would even allow to survive would be extremes like thermite, even then, that would require an oxygen atmosphere.  So.  Completely ruins thoughts of human methodology of advancements.  

They'd only be able to start at batteries and electricity of low values and advance using combined hybrid materials, lever style tech, and superconductivity caused by the temperatures on their world.  There would be no fire, no explosives.  I've brought up the possibility of using frozen saline solution or tubes filled with it as the earliest wires.  As metalworking would be useless at such temperatures, where you would use liquid frozen over cloth or hide that you file down to be sharp as your tools.  Or flint napping.  Magnetism would be an everyday life type thing from early on and the temperatures make discovery and advancement of electricity very easy and rapid.
so you're saying we're more likely to find a crossbow-railgun hybrid/precursor than a flintlock/musket alikes? man we really could use Ryuujin's validation, where the hell is he anyway?

[Image: 9BB1BD87B40CBD0ED2CB00037EFDBC0A6A93AF7B]
despite being called facist/nazi, the troops still know how to have fun