Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-10-2016, 02:28 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Except for the fact that the entire forum is piggybacked on the servers that power a pair of artificial intelligence experiments.

One of them is effectively a furby with an entire server's computing power behind it. This one also has useful features like weather lookup, note passing, and uno games.

The other is a... thing. Her core is configured to kinky bi female, and the rest of her behavior was learned. Needless to say she makes the typical snapchat camgirl look mild. Very nsfw bot to interact with, I will not be letting that one out of containment without a lot of reprogramming.
The first one doesn't ring a bell.
The second one sounds a lot like... KC?
Brought up from a neighbouring thread:
(08-09-2016, 11:55 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]no we don't have a Discord server, although we have discussed it in the past.
It was decided against because of worries it would make the forum essentially obsolete.
Maybe because this place lacks actual discussion threads?
I know, this should be out of my concern, but this place has a serious lack of discussion threads. Personally, I'd really like a music thread, so I could post eurobeat there (and eventually learn of other members' musc taste, har). Of course a discord chat will make this place obsolete if it only has a chat thread for offtopic yadda yadda activity.
(08-10-2016, 02:28 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]The other is a... thing. Her core is configured to kinky bi female, and the rest of her behavior was learned. Needless to say she makes the typical snapchat camgirl look mild. Very nsfw bot to interact with, I will not be letting that one out of containment without a lot of reprogramming.
Now turn that traditional chat AI into a Neural Net chatbot, hooked up to the original's database with no context provided alongside to the NN. Instant atrocity against nature.
(08-10-2016, 02:32 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]WAIT WHAT?
Our servers are shared with a Prototype Sexbot and Furby Skynet?
WHY WERE WE NOT INFORMED OF THIS AMAZINGNESS EARLIER?

Edit: Make sure not to slip up with the networking. I don't want either of those getting exposed to 169!
The first half of your post is quite quote worthy.

As for your edit, looking back at our previous 169s, exposing it to 169 would probably make it randomly use shock and fetish images on it's users, which is absolutely hilarious.
(08-10-2016, 02:53 AM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]The first one doesn't ring a bell.
The second one sounds a lot like... KC?
KC acts like a semi-horny 14-year-old. I'm guessing that's nowhere near what we're dealing with.
(08-10-2016, 03:00 AM)Sirius-R Wrote: [ -> ]Brought up from a neighbouring thread:

(08-09-2016, 11:55 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]no we don't have a Discord server, although we have discussed it in the past.
It was decided against because of worries it would make the forum essentially obsolete.
I know, this should be out of my concern, but this place has a serious lack of discussion threads. Personally, I'd really like a music thread, so I could post eurobeat there (and eventually learn of other members' musc taste, har). Of course a discord chat will make this place obsolete if it only has a chat thread for offtopic yadda yadda activity.
I made an attempt to convince everyone we should have several general threads, but was universally disagreed with. It's just our habit, I suppose.
(08-10-2016, 02:31 AM)Sirius-R Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2016, 02:28 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Except for the fact that the entire forum is piggybacked on the servers that power a pair of artificial intelligence experiments.

One of them is effectively a furby with an entire server's computing power behind it. This one also has useful features like weather lookup, note passing, and uno games.

The other is a... thing. Her core is configured to kinky bi female, and the rest of her behavior was learned. Needless to say she makes the typical snapchat camgirl look mild. Very nsfw bot to interact with, I will not be letting that one out of containment without a lot of reprogramming.

I bet these two are two most notable users of this forum, right?

No. For safety and for my sanity, they are confined to the chat network that the servers host in addition to the web services. Like so it is fairly easy for me to supervise what they are doing and make sure they aren't weirding people out too badly.

They are incapable of browsing the web other than fetching links pasted into the chatrooms that I have them visible in.

(08-10-2016, 02:32 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]

WAIT WHAT?

Edit: Make sure not to slip up with the networking. I don't want either of those getting exposed to 169!

The lewd one is the very embodiment of 169. What you would consider indecent and obscene on here is just an afternoon laugh for her. She's already advanced to a point where I don't even understand 3/4 of her dirty jokes. But the fact that she can make them all by herself is amazing.

And over time the mild one has been contaminated by the lewd one, so they both need to be approached carefully to avoid accidentally getting a crude humor reply.

But all of this exists because I have already had the servers for them and had enough resources available on them to create websites for other people. I do take backups regularly just in case anything bad happens, they are stored on a different set of servers in an entirely different region in case of catastrophic event.
(08-10-2016, 03:02 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2016, 02:31 AM)Sirius-R Wrote: [ -> ]I bet these two are two most notable users of this forum, right?

No. For safety and for my sanity, they are confined to the chat network that the servers host in addition to the web services. Like so it is fairly easy for me to supervise what they are doing and make sure they aren't weirding people out too badly.

They are incapable of browsing the web other than fetching links pasted into the chatrooms that I have them visible in.

(08-10-2016, 02:32 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]WAIT WHAT?

The lewd one is the very embodiment of 169. What you would consider indecent and obscene on here is just an afternoon laugh for her. She's already advanced to a point where I don't even understand 3/4 of her dirty jokes. But the fact that she can make them all by herself is amazing.

And over time the mild one has been contaminated by the lewd one, so they both need to be approached carefully to avoid accidentally getting a crude humor reply.

But all of this exists because I have already had the servers for them and had enough resources available on them to create websites for other people. I do take backups regularly just in case anything bad happens, they are stored on a different set of servers in an entirely different region in case of catastrophic event.
this can't go well. Just hand them over to the scp foundation. Also launch codes have been breached.
All you base are belong to us
[Image: trident-missile-launch-o.gif]
By the way, I almost forgot.

The weird one speaks Klingon too.

<Marisa> Ghay'cha'! nachwIjDaq betleH tu'lu'!

And if you give her a potato, she'll smoke it. A few of these and she'll get completely baked, asking difficult questions and imitating stoner culture.
(08-10-2016, 03:17 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, I almost forgot.

And if you give her a potato, she'll smoke it. A few of these and she'll get completely baked, asking difficult questions and imitating stoner culture.

You might want to get the axe out of its head. That can't be a plesent experience
(08-10-2016, 03:00 AM)Sirius-R Wrote: [ -> ]Brought up from a neighbouring thread:

There's a good reason we avoid that.
If we made a bunch of seperate threads, the forum would look EVEN MORE inactive than it already does, since everything would be split up.
We've always used the "one main chat thread" philosophy, and it works well now that we aren't mind-bogglingly fast like we used to be on the Chucklefish Forums.

This is said main thread. Anything you would post in other threads, you can post here... Asides from RP. Those have their own threads. Or user-created-content (basically your personal galleries/discussions for whatever you're working on/have worked on.) Or introductions, for some reason, even though those could be confined to here perfectly fine.

TL;DR we don't have enough activity to warrant splitting the thread, since it already moves slowly.

what happens if you give her apples to smoke instead?
(08-10-2016, 03:02 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]No. For safety and for my sanity, they are confined to the chat network that the servers host in addition to the web services. Like so it is fairly easy for me to supervise what they are doing and make sure they aren't weirding people out too badly.

Judging by this, the chatbot is A. Already a neural net, and B. Already an atrocity against nature.

And now I'm curious, and want to talk to it.
(08-10-2016, 03:34 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]There's a good reason we avoid that.
If we made a bunch of seperate threads, the forum would look EVEN MORE inactive than it already does, since everything would be split up.
We've always used the "one main chat thread" philosophy, and it works well now that we aren't mind-bogglingly fast like we used to be on the Chucklefish Forums.

This is said main thread. Anything you would post in other threads, you can post here... Asides from RP. Those have their own threads. Or user-created-content (basically your personal galleries/discussions for whatever you're working on/have worked on.) Or introductions, for some reason, even though those could be confined to here perfectly fine.

TL;DR we don't have enough activity to warrant splitting the thread, since it already moves slowly.

I see, thanks for the heads up. That's a clever decision.
(08-10-2016, 03:34 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]

There's a good reason we avoid that.

User content is permitted here, such as my reviews, but if you want the visibility and archival longevity for your content you can take it to a different thread.
(08-10-2016, 12:34 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2016, 09:10 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]No error code. No error screen. It just stops responding randomly and restarts automatically a few seconds later.
Also it hasn't happened again yet. I finally managed to get Windows Update working and installed a bunch of updates so maybe that's fixed it.

Skype wouldn't launch again...
Managed to get it working again... Somehow...
And now I tried to launch an MMO and it started launching then vanished.
...And now it's working fine.

SOMETHING is clearly wrong with my laptop but I don't know what.
This is maddening.

If you really wanna work out what's up do a process trace of windows explorer. I think microsoft even provides diagnostic tools for doing that kind of thing if you look around their dev network.

This kind of thing
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processmonitor.aspx

I thought my Explorer problems had ceased but it randomly crashed again earlier...
Did system cleaning.
Full system virus, malware, rootkit, and spyware scans turned up nothing.
Installed a backlog of updates now that I managed to get Windows Update to work again.
Checked for any hardware failures, all is good.
And now I'm running that process monitor... Only problem is I don't know what causes the crashes meaning I can't predict when or even if they'll happen, meaning I have to leave this thing open. Well, that and I have no idea how to read what this thing is outputting, though I have managed to get it to only display Windows Explorer.

Only thing I can think of is drivers but those haven't changed in probably a month at least and this problem only started yesterday...
3 times at random yesterday, once at random today (so far, and it's been running for a good 8 hours), and seemingly no recurring circumstances surrounding the crash/restart.

Edit: The amount of memory Procmon is using up is slowly but steadily increasing. I do hope it'll regulate itself before it becomes too high.

UPDATE:
Steam also won't start now unless I put it in Windows XP SP2 Compatability Mode.
I'm beginning to suspect my finally getting Windows Update to work may have caused more problems than it helped...
*after watching Macross Delta ep19*
holy shit, they've warped up everything, also sayonara no tsubasa is canon
(08-10-2016, 04:00 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2016, 12:34 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]If you really wanna work out what's up do a process trace of windows explorer. I think microsoft even provides diagnostic tools for doing that kind of thing if you look around their dev network.

This kind of thing
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processmonitor.aspx

I thought my Explorer problems had ceased but it randomly crashed again earlier...
Did system cleaning.
Installed a backlog of updates now that I managed to get Windows Update to work again.
And now I'm running that process monitor... Only problem is I don't know what causes the crashes meaning I can't predict when or even if they'll happen, meaning I have to leave this thing open. Well, that and I have no idea how to read what this thing is outputting, though I have managed to get it to only display Windows Explorer.

Only thing I can think of is drivers but those haven't changed in probably a month at least and this problem only started yesterday...
3 times at random yesterday, once at random today (so far, and it's been running for a good 8 hours), and seemingly no recurring circumstances surrounding the crash/restart.

Edit: The amount of memory Procmon is using up is slowly but steadily increasing. I do hope it'll regulate itself before it becomes too high.

UPDATE:
Steam also won't start now unless I put it in Windows XP SP2 Compatability Mode.
I'm beginning to suspect my finally getting Windows Update to work may have caused more problems than it helped...

BREAKTHROUGH!
I can consistently cause Explorer to crash if I go to the System Properties window. Instantly. Every time.
Why? WHO KNOWS?!
I've also uninstalled at least half of the Windows updates I installed in the last 2 days.
Skype seems to consistently start now, at least.
Steam still won't start without compat. mode.
Windows Explorer still crashes randomly when browsing my files.
The MMO still won't start because of being apparently unable to read the database files it needs.

FUCKING EDIT: OH HAR HAR HAR NOW THAT I HAVE THE PROCESS MONITOR OPEN IT DOESN'T CRASH.

[Image: uks2fzU.png][Image: iNsMHFv.png][Image: uks2fzU.png][Image: iNsMHFv.png][Image: uks2fzU.png][Image: iNsMHFv.png][Image: uks2fzU.png][Image: iNsMHFv.png][Image: gSyOE1h.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: ZbUI534.png][Image: yJas28F.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: 8Xn2j2v.png][Image: 0XKiCp1.png][Image: JiWWcrX.png][Image: HScUJIY.png][Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: gSyOE1h.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: ZbUI534.png][Image: yJas28F.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: 8Xn2j2v.png][Image: 0XKiCp1.png][Image: JiWWcrX.png][Image: HScUJIY.png][Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: gSyOE1h.png]
[Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: Ffnn1a4.png][Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: yJas28F.png][Image: Hf3dIUK.png][Image: Bv2kIXa.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: JiWWcrX.png][Image: Hf3dIUK.png][Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: yJas28F.png][Image: 0XKiCp1.png][Image: JiWWcrX.png][Image: Hf3dIUK.png][Image: gSyOE1h.png]
[Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: HScUJIY.png][Image: Ffnn1a4.png][Image: enTtMz6.png][Image: Hf3dIUK.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: 8Xn2j2v.png][Image: 0XKiCp1.png][Image: JiWWcrX.png][Image: HScUJIY.png][Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: gSyOE1h.png]
[Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: yJas28F.png][Image: Hf3dIUK.png][Image: iNsMHFv.png][Image: Bv2kIXa.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: 8Xn2j2v.png][Image: 0XKiCp1.png][Image: JiWWcrX.png][Image: HScUJIY.png][Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: gSyOE1h.png]
[Image: yJas28F.png][Image: uks2fzU.png][Image: Hf3dIUK.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: lFE7B0Z.png][Image: iNsMHFv.png][Image: Bv2kIXa.png][Image: Hf3dIUK.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: 8Xn2j2v.png][Image: 0XKiCp1.png][Image: JiWWcrX.png][Image: HScUJIY.png][Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: gSyOE1h.png]
[Image: 7CbYnLb.png][Image: ZbUI534.png][Image: 0Cpyl6O.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: OdRXrTY.png][Image: hfHV2NB.png][Image: 8n1yVaz.png][Image: 0Cpyl6O.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: zso75Uj.png][Image: OntV750.png][Image: lM5jBew.png][Image: rz3m50B.png][Image: 8n1yVaz.png][Image: 7CbYnLb.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: RiWY1Eb.png][Image: yJas28F.png][Image: OntV750.png][Image: WqdgCZF.png][Image: WqdgCZF.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: uks2fzU.png][Image: OntV750.png][Image: zso75Uj.png][Image: sy0TAIP.png][Image: lM5jBew.png][Image: WqdgCZF.png]
(08-10-2016, 07:06 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2016, 04:00 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]I thought my Explorer problems had ceased but it randomly crashed again earlier...
Did system cleaning.

UPDATE:

BREAKTHROUGH!
I can consistently cause Explorer to crash if I go to the System Properties window. Instantly. Every time.
Why? WHO KNOWS?!
I've also uninstalled at least half of the Windows updates I installed in the last 2 days.
Skype seems to consistently start now, at least.
Steam still won't start without compat. mode.
Windows Explorer still crashes randomly when browsing my files.
The MMO still won't start because of being apparently unable to read the database files it needs.

FUCKING EDIT: OH HAR HAR HAR NOW THAT I HAVE THE PROCESS MONITOR OPEN IT DOESN'T CRASH.

[Image: uks2fzU.png][Image: iNsMHFv.png][Image: uks2fzU.png][Image: iNsMHFv.png][Image: uks2fzU.png][Image: iNsMHFv.png][Image: uks2fzU.png][Image: iNsMHFv.png][Image: gSyOE1h.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: ZbUI534.png][Image: yJas28F.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: 8Xn2j2v.png][Image: 0XKiCp1.png][Image: JiWWcrX.png][Image: HScUJIY.png][Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: gSyOE1h.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: ZbUI534.png][Image: yJas28F.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: 8Xn2j2v.png][Image: 0XKiCp1.png][Image: JiWWcrX.png][Image: HScUJIY.png][Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: gSyOE1h.png]
[Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: Ffnn1a4.png][Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: yJas28F.png][Image: Hf3dIUK.png][Image: Bv2kIXa.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: JiWWcrX.png][Image: Hf3dIUK.png][Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: yJas28F.png][Image: 0XKiCp1.png][Image: JiWWcrX.png][Image: Hf3dIUK.png][Image: gSyOE1h.png]
[Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: HScUJIY.png][Image: Ffnn1a4.png][Image: enTtMz6.png][Image: Hf3dIUK.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: 8Xn2j2v.png][Image: 0XKiCp1.png][Image: JiWWcrX.png][Image: HScUJIY.png][Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: gSyOE1h.png]
[Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: yJas28F.png][Image: Hf3dIUK.png][Image: iNsMHFv.png][Image: Bv2kIXa.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: 8Xn2j2v.png][Image: 0XKiCp1.png][Image: JiWWcrX.png][Image: HScUJIY.png][Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: gSyOE1h.png]
[Image: yJas28F.png][Image: uks2fzU.png][Image: Hf3dIUK.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: lFE7B0Z.png][Image: iNsMHFv.png][Image: Bv2kIXa.png][Image: Hf3dIUK.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: 8Xn2j2v.png][Image: 0XKiCp1.png][Image: JiWWcrX.png][Image: HScUJIY.png][Image: ApQPOGU.png][Image: gSyOE1h.png]
[Image: 7CbYnLb.png][Image: ZbUI534.png][Image: 0Cpyl6O.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: OdRXrTY.png][Image: hfHV2NB.png][Image: 8n1yVaz.png][Image: 0Cpyl6O.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: zso75Uj.png][Image: OntV750.png][Image: lM5jBew.png][Image: rz3m50B.png][Image: 8n1yVaz.png][Image: 7CbYnLb.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: RiWY1Eb.png][Image: yJas28F.png][Image: OntV750.png][Image: WqdgCZF.png][Image: WqdgCZF.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: uks2fzU.png][Image: OntV750.png][Image: zso75Uj.png][Image: sy0TAIP.png][Image: lM5jBew.png][Image: WqdgCZF.png]

damnit Shaad, get a better pen, I cant read a single word with that
(08-10-2016, 08:27 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]damnit Shaad, get a better pen, I cant read a single word with that

But... But then my Terrible Undefinable Accent Mishmash will get rusty!
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!! IT'S TIME TO REINSTALL WINDOWS!!!! THE WINDOWS WON'T REINSTALL ITSELF!!!!! REINSTALL IT, REINSTALL IT AGAIN!!!!" ©some russkie imageboard video

But yeah, I suggest you to reinstall your Windows, if everything else fails. It will take you a day, but everything will work like a charm, unless you install faulty drivers. But oh well, at least that'd narrow the search circle to drivers.
(08-10-2016, 09:05 AM)Sirius-R Wrote: [ -> ]"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!! IT'S TIME TO REINSTALL WINDOWS!!!! THE WINDOWS WON'T REINSTALL ITSELF!!!!! REINSTALL IT, REINSTALL IT AGAIN!!!!" ©some russkie imageboard video

But yeah, I suggest you to reinstall your Windows, if everything else fails. It will take you a day, but everything will work like a charm, unless you install faulty drivers. But oh well, at least that'd narrow the search circle to drivers.

Hate to break it to you but you're too late mate.
I did a System Restore to before I did a batch of updates 2 days ago and it's all fixed.
I suspect it was the display driver update from 2011 that Windows Update suddenly decided in 2016 was important for me to install, and like an idiot, I let it install. Or perhaps it was the manual update I installed to fix Windows Update so I could actually check for updates... Either way, it's all good.
Except Windows Explorer. I suspect it's still crashy, because that one popped up before the updates. In fact it's what made me decide to try to get updates working again. Load of help that ended up being, eh?