Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-10-2017, 09:31 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Do videogames usually have music with lyrics in them?

(04-10-2017, 11:24 PM)Umbra Wrote: [ -> ]Some games do. And even then, it's usually only certain songs.

Metal Gear Rising's music comes to mind.

Something something Rebel Galaxy Soundtrack

whoops
approved accounts now. if there's people who got accounts deleted who were real, just re-apply.
Did ehksidan forget his admin duties?
even with new members, this place is still awfully inactive
I'm sure with time things will change though I think that requires more users who are constantly active.
Forums still tend to be slower than other internet chat mediums. A lot of users have been lost to social networking, and even now many people who used to be forum regulars or would have been 10 years ago instead prefer Tumblr or Discord instead of coming to places like this.

We lost KC to discord, he likes that better than the alternatives.

At least Skype is finally dying. Microsoft is making all the worst business decisions, and it continues to bleed users to other mediums, mostly Discord.
I mean, I'm kinda still here but I finally burned out on trying to follow the RP when I could post only maybe twice a week. So I just use the main thread, which doesn't see any real activity.
I'd post more but I don't have much to say.

my taste is inferior

anyway, i suppose a party isn't going to happen here at all-- anything planned in the future to counteract this?
I burned out on trying to make things happen in this community a long time ago and it's probably best for what's left that I don't start back up. I'll just hang around and contribute until this place finally stops moving I guess.
(04-18-2017, 03:08 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I burned out on trying to make things happen in this community a long time ago and it's probably best for what's left that I don't start back up. I'll just hang around and contribute until this place finally stops moving I guess.

I've hung around in forums for years after they actually died before.  Patience has recently been a lost moral for most, which is one of the reasons forums have lost so much activity.  People often wanting instant gratification until they (in the past) realized that real life didn't work that way.  Now with the social media craze, it's starting to happen that instant gratification is everywhere.  Resulting in the near total loss of patience or willingness to work towards anything they want.  Because it's within reach no matter what.
(04-18-2017, 03:08 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I burned out on trying to make things happen in this community a long time ago and it's probably best for what's left that I don't start back up. I'll just hang around and contribute until this place finally stops moving I guess.

Which could take literally years.

The oldest site on the server right now was established in 2010, never had a whole lot more people than Avali Nexus did, and even now still sees a couple of posts a month in what amounts to a slow motion chronicle of people visiting and world events happening.
(04-18-2017, 11:36 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]

Which could take literally years.

The oldest site on the server right now was established in 2010, never had a whole lot more people than Avali Nexus did, and even now still sees a couple of posts a month in what amounts to a slow motion chronicle of people visiting and world events happening.

So at expected worse the forums would be in a near death state. That's not so bad, I'll definitely be sticking around. Even if on my own I don't have much to say. The most intresting thing to happen to me is that I got hyper light drifter and I've been missing out since that game isn't new and I love it. My life is pretty boring this is the only social media I am a part of now.
(04-18-2017, 10:01 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]

I've hung around in forums for years after they actually died before.  Patience has recently been a lost moral for most, which is one of the reasons forums have lost so much activity.  People often wanting instant gratification until they (in the past) realized that real life didn't work that way.  Now with the social media craze, it's starting to happen that instant gratification is everywhere.  Resulting in the near total loss of patience or willingness to work towards anything they want.  Because it's within reach no matter what.

Well in terms of the speed of social media it is getting more and more like straight up talking to somebody face to face. The speed that Discord goes is more representative of such and i guess gets people to expect a more conversation like experience which with the slow speed of the forum makes it feel lacking though I kinda like the slow speed as I only have to check in now and then.
Call me old fashioned, but there is nothing better then getting tangable paper mail, and that I find mainstream social media a mostly waste of time and a bunch of unimportant drama?
I guess I'll share a few pieces of my adventures in Elite: Dangerous.

I haven't touched Elite in awhile, the tedium just finally got to me tbh. It's a damn pretty game though.
(04-19-2017, 01:48 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't touched Elite in awhile, the tedium just finally got to me tbh. It's a damn pretty game though.

could always bounty hunt.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=641791442

Last few updates they added commander creation and multi-crewing so there's that. 
(04-19-2017, 02:23 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2017, 01:48 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't touched Elite in awhile, the tedium just finally got to me tbh. It's a damn pretty game though.

could always bounty hunt.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=641791442

Last few updates they added commander creation and multi-crewing so there's that. 
The tedium that set in was bounty hunting.