Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-30-2016, 03:22 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2016, 03:14 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]i will fucking destroy you.
No you won't.

But I will
*armed nuke*
Can I?
(07-30-2016, 04:21 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2016, 03:22 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]No you won't.

But I will
*armed nuke*
Can I?
O.o
Welp, beat the story of Starbound. Woo.
I still think the story could have gone in infinitely more interesting directions, but alas.
...Didn't even get any cool weapons or armor or anything. Hm.

Edit: And there's still no information on what the Unidentified Fossil is. I was so sure it was going to be important.
...There's also still no information on what the Guardian was...
...Or what the Sunborn were...
...Or what Kluex was...

In fact, the lore in general since the lore revamp in Cheerful Giraffe is sort of sub-par compared to the old lore.
(07-30-2016, 06:09 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Welp, beat the story of Starbound. Woo.
I still think the story could have gone in infinitely more interesting directions, but alas.
Honestly, ended up similarly to my RP: wanted to get it over with, so just make some glaring changes, toss in some content, and call it done. 

I should probably get to work on the true revival, but I have arbitrarily better things to do. 
(07-30-2016, 06:12 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2016, 06:09 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Welp, beat the story of Starbound. Woo.
Honestly, ended up similarly to my RP: wanted to get it over with, so just make some glaring changes, toss in some content, and call it done. 

I should probably get to work on the true revival, but I have arbitrarily better things to do. 

I hope that now that they have the engine down, they can start adding content at a decent rate, because sadly the game feels like it's lacking in content still, after all this time.

EDIT: The story makes no sense.
If The Ruin is sealed, what destroyed Earth? I know the seal was weakening or something but there was very clearly a lot of tentacles so it seems like at least part of it escaped?
Asra makes no sense. She thinks The Ruin will destroy all but humanity... Has she not heard about Earth - AKA where at least 90% of Humanity actually lives - get destroyed by it? It clearly cares nothing for Humanity, which it has turned into an Endangered Species.
[Image: zZ4wDzm.jpg]

hello darkness my old friend
(07-30-2016, 06:44 AM)Comito Wrote: [ -> ][Image: zZ4wDzm.jpg]

You always find the cool stuff.
(07-30-2016, 06:44 AM)Comito Wrote: [ -> ]Snip

Agh. This biome SHOULD NOT appear anywhere but Dark Planets. It was literally made for Dark Planets yet they let it appear as a sub-biome in places it has no right being.
how fucked up this country is, only recently they required me to register another english testing subject before I'm qualified for further studies which is degree and masters because this shaky country could give diploma after secondary schools for their system is never suited thus wasting me my 11 years in public schools and have to waste another 3 years to get my diploma. Furthermore the site that suppose to be used to register the additional test although have an english option it only works for a quarter of the page the rest is still malay that I already vowed never to speak of ever. Worst of all I have to get some login pin for some shaky government bank before i can log in, what the fuck is this bullshit, it's suppose to be an online registration.
*inhale*
*turbofan noises instead*
[Image: tumblr_o48m5fdfQT1uflnsqo1_1280.png]
*mechanian screeching*
Everyone remember for future reference: Imgur on July 29th is a fantastic source for 169 material.
It's "upvote everything" day, meaning a lot of weird 5#!7 makes it to the front page.
...And people intentionally post the most bizzare, disturbing things on that day because who could possibly resist?
...And then there's Late Night Imgur, where this stuff is posted every night but rarely sees the light of the front page for long...
Combine the two and you have...
[THE MOST REDACTED]

Edit: Comito uprepped one of my RP posts from early February.
The real question is what are you doing back in February.
Fuck you Starbound, fuck you Chucklefish, fuck you computer.
WHY does starbound crash every time I try to open the core fragments portal with my Avali?
WHY does beaming to the planet with any character other than my Avali just beam me straight back to my ship?
ARGHHHHHH.
(07-30-2016, 09:41 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: [ -> ]Fuck you Starbound, fuck you Chucklefish, fuck you computer.
WHY does starbound crash every time I try to open the core fragments portal with my Avali?
WHY does beaming to the planet with any character other than my Avali just beam me straight back to my ship?
ARGHHHHHH.

Any other mods installed? (Doubtful they'd impact it but who knows.)
Are your drivers up to date? (People always ask this one. I guess they could be a problem.)
Have you checked the crash logs? (Could have useful info on the problem.)
Have you tried deleting your universe folder and remaking it? (Might be the world file for the outpost got borked somehow.) The beaming back to your ship actually sounds like a bug from broken structures and world files.
Have you updated the Avali mod to the latest version? It was updated a few hours ago to fix some things. Perhaps they fixed this?
After you go through this list, try visiting the newly-genned outpost with a non-Avali character first, then the Avali character. Who knows. Might work. Might not work. I dunno.
(07-30-2016, 10:14 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2016, 09:41 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: [ -> ]Fuck you Starbound, fuck you Chucklefish, fuck you computer.
ARGHHHHHH.

Any other mods installed? (Doubtful they'd impact it but who knows.)
Are your drivers up to date? (People always ask this one. I guess they could be a problem.)
Have you tried deleting your universe folder and remaking it? (Might be the world file for the outpost got borked somehow.) The beaming back to your ship actually sounds like a bug from broken structures and world files.
Have you updated the Avali mod to the latest version? It was updated a few hours ago to fix some things. Perhaps they fixed this?
After you go through this list, try visiting the newly-genned outpost with a non-Avali character first, then the Avali character. Who knows. Might work. Might not work. I dunno.

Right.
Universe folder didn't work.
Avali mod is through the steam workshop so it should be up to date.
Mods installed are:
CrazyFreak's Musical Collection
Instant Crafting
Compact Crops
No More Erchius Ghost
Fresh Fruit
Phase Shift Module
Archer's Synthesizers
Purchasable Pets
Avali Race Mod
Extended Songbook
XS Mechs - Vehicle Edition
Xbawks Character Extender
(07-30-2016, 10:59 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2016, 10:14 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Any other mods installed? (Doubtful they'd impact it but who knows.)

Right.
Mods installed are:
Instant Crafting
Compact Crops
No More Erchius Ghost
Fresh Fruit
Phase Shift Module
Archer's Synthesizers
Purchasable Pets
Avali Race Mod
Extended Songbook
Try removing compact crops. I believe it a environmental error.
39 pages left.
(07-30-2016, 11:22 AM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2016, 10:59 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: [ -> ]Right.
Mods installed are:
Instant Crafting
Compact Crops
No More Erchius Ghost
Fresh Fruit
Phase Shift Module
Archer's Synthesizers
Purchasable Pets
Avali Race Mod
Extended Songbook
Try removing compact crops. I believe it a environmental error.
39 pages left.

Nope, nothing.
(07-30-2016, 11:56 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2016, 11:22 AM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]Try removing compact crops. I believe it a environmental error.
39 pages left.

Nope, nothing.

This sounds time consuming but, make a new save with the avail mod. Make sure you can beam down. Close out of the game and a mod to the mods folder. Repeat.
That's the best way I know of to find mod incompatibilities. And make sure you enjoy your mods folder to you desktop before you begin,
(07-30-2016, 06:15 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2016, 06:12 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, ended up similarly to my RP: wanted to get it over with, so just make some glaring changes, toss in some content, and call it done. 

I hope that now that they have the engine down, they can start adding content at a decent rate, because sadly the game feels like it's lacking in content still, after all this time.

If The Ruin is sealed, what destroyed Earth? I know the seal was weakening or something but there was very clearly a lot of tentacles so it seems like at least part of it escaped?
Asra makes no sense. She thinks The Ruin will destroy all but humanity... Has she not heard about Earth - AKA where at least 90% of Humanity actually lives - get destroyed by it? It clearly cares nothing for Humanity, which it has turned into an Endangered Species.

I think it just implied, without stating it, that The Ruin was beginning to leak out of it's seal and needed to die before it could escape and

Well, would probably just run from you if you tried to destroy it elsewhere, while continuing on it's Yellow Brick Road to destroying Oz the universe

And it's already "Ruined" humanity, technically. So I guess it was supposed to seek out the rest and do the tentacle thing to them as well.
(07-30-2016, 01:46 PM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2016, 06:15 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]I hope that now that they have the engine down, they can start adding content at a decent rate, because sadly the game feels like it's lacking in content still, after all this time.

I think it just implied, without stating it, that The Ruin was beginning to leak out of it's seal and needed to die before it could escape and

Well, would probably just run from you if you tried to destroy it elsewhere, while continuing on it's Yellow Brick Road to destroying Oz the universe

And it's already "Ruined" humanity, technically. So I guess it was supposed to seek out the rest and do the tentacle thing to them as well.

Death by hentia. Bad way to go
I'm sorry.
Starbound didn't really seen like a story driven game to me. Of course it never really engaged me either.
ARGHHHHHH.
Ever heard of reporting a bug instead of complaining "fuck you fuck you fuck you" as unreported bugs don't get fixed.