Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-22-2016, 02:42 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2016, 02:31 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]well they do wear clothes. and i can't help but imagine shiny smooth skin for these guys ^^; i wish i was a better artist
mmmm, shiny ram belly with belly button...the hell is wrong with me(I blame the skype discord squad) we need double and triple strikethrough if possible.

just keep drawing, improvement are not shown overnight but over a long period of time, keep practicing

i know i have been improving which is good. Its kind of a quick sketch, and she doesn't have hair. I would also go for smooth less clumpy fur if i knew how to draw that.
[Image: img_20160921_0001_by_silverduke1-daik7f1.png]
(09-22-2016, 02:48 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2016, 02:42 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]mmmm, shiny ram belly with belly button...the hell is wrong with me(I blame the skype discord squad) we need double and triple strikethrough if possible.

just keep drawing, improvement are not shown overnight but over a long period of time, keep practicing

i know i have been improving which is good. Its kind of a quick sketch, and she doesn't have hair. I would also go for smooth less clumpy fur if i knew how to draw that.
-image-

Hey, that's pretty good. Certainly better than anything I could draw :p
I have to say I can't help but think of the ramish race from that race compilation thing. Umm... This one. The Barometta. Luckily, I think they're different enough that you won't end up with an Avali vs. Avikan situation :p

Also [Image: fqrtyVp.gif]
(I cringe every time I post this. I simply must make a new one.)
(09-22-2016, 02:57 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2016, 02:48 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]i know i have been improving which is good. Its kind of a quick sketch, and she doesn't have hair. I would also go for smooth less clumpy fur if i knew how to draw that.
-image-

I have to say I can't help but think of the ramish race from that race compilation thing. Umm... This one. The Barometta. Luckily, I think they're different enough that you won't end up with an Avali vs. Avikan situation :p

yeah i didn't even know of that race when i thought of the concept. Though there are quite a few differences ^^ like the face mine have eyes, and a weird tail, and skin >.< but yeah that would be worriesome. Though there is also cultural differences and stuff. Alas mine will probably be no more then some text and a sketch cause i can't code and can barely do pixel art ^^: You know with their tails they kind of remind me of demons XD
(09-22-2016, 02:48 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2016, 02:42 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]mmmm, shiny ram belly with belly button...the hell is wrong with me(I blame the skype discord squad) we need double and triple strikethrough if possible.

-ram-
fluffy hairstyle would fit, occasionally covering the eyes would look cute, some short hair/fur around the body would work and as for differentiation, maybe leave the belly exposed/bare skin, seen some in between anthro - ginjas do that, while impossible on sprite, a lil snout/ram goat like nose could work.

(09-22-2016, 02:57 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2016, 02:48 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]i know i have been improving which is good. Its kind of a quick sketch, and she doesn't have hair. I would also go for smooth less clumpy fur if i knew how to draw that.
-image-

Also
-god damnit shaad-
(I cringe every time I post this. I simply must make a new one.)
well that unfortunate, but avali is way more different having their own custom sprite instead of the humanoid one, also loads of construction stuff for cool tents
(09-22-2016, 03:07 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
-ram-
fluffy hairstyle would fit, occasionally covering the eyes would look cute, some short hair/fur around the body would work and as for differentiation, maybe leave the belly exposed/bare skin, seen some in between anthro - ginjas do that, while impossible on sprite, a lil snout/ram goat like nose could work.

I don't understand your insistence on turning them full anthro.
As it stands they're like a high 1 or maybe low 2 on the Furry Scale.
[Image: 7e7.jpg]
And just because it's a race in starbound doesn't have to mean they're an almost 1:1 anthro of something.
(09-22-2016, 03:07 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
-ram-

hmm maybe, not that i could draw that. though i imagine flatter faces would be more useful for building things in tight spaces. They are meant to be a technical savy race even if they are kind of airheaded and forgetful (which would be why the player is in a half broken ship >.> they forgot to finish building it cause they lost intrest or got distracted >.>

They are meant to be more akin to sheep girls the kemonomimi version then anthros. 

If this was to ever become a mod, i would need to find someone willing to help me with it both coding and pixel wise ^^;

(09-22-2016, 03:12 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2016, 03:07 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]fluffy hairstyle would fit, occasionally covering the eyes would look cute, some short hair/fur around the body would work and as for differentiation, maybe leave the belly exposed/bare skin, seen some in between anthro - ginjas do that, while impossible on sprite, a lil snout/ram goat like nose could work.

[Image: 7e7.jpg]
And just because it's a race in starbound doesn't have to mean they're an almost 1:1 anthro of something.

yeah i was more going for 1 on that scale to be honest ^^;
(09-22-2016, 03:12 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2016, 03:07 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]fluffy hairstyle would fit, occasionally covering the eyes would look cute, some short hair/fur around the body would work and as for differentiation, maybe leave the belly exposed/bare skin, seen some in between anthro - ginjas do that, while impossible on sprite, a lil snout/ram goat like nose could work.

-furry scale-
I'm slightly uncomfortable with some human like features on something that's not human(uncanny valley) but the 1.75 on that furry scale kinda work
(09-22-2016, 03:53 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2016, 03:12 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand your insistence on turning them full anthro.
-furry scale-
I'm slightly uncomfortable with some human like features on something that's not human(uncanny valley) but the 1.75 on that furry scale kinda work

well different things for different people. Some people prefer more human creatures and others more furry.

Edit: Personally I prefer more human, i'm not a fan of fur covering the body ^^;
(09-22-2016, 03:57 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2016, 03:53 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]I'm slightly uncomfortable with some human like features on something that's not human(uncanny valley) but the 1.75 on that furry scale kinda work

well different things for different people. Some people prefer more human creatures and others more furry.

Edit: Personally I prefer more human, i'm not a fan of fur covering the body ^^;

agreeable, you cant really fit that much detail in a 16x32 pixel sprite(I think? or was it 16x16)
(09-22-2016, 04:17 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2016, 03:57 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]well different things for different people. Some people prefer more human creatures and others more furry.

agreeable, you cant really fit that much detail in a 16x32 pixel sprite(I think? or was it 16x16)

i believe it was both from what i remember of doing it in the past depending on the object/area of the body etc. oh you probably don't know what solarpunk is do you?
(09-22-2016, 04:22 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2016, 04:17 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]agreeable, you cant really fit that much detail in a 16x32 pixel sprite(I think? or was it 16x16)

i believe it was both from what i remember of doing it in the past depending on the object/area of the body etc. oh you probably don't know what solarpunk is do you?

hippie modern(the best word I cant think of) basically based from your journal writing it's the green cites we've seen in some concept art for the future
[Image: vincent-callebaut-architectures-paris-sm...0117113046]
(09-22-2016, 04:26 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2016, 04:22 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]i believe it was both from what i remember of doing it in the past depending on the object/area of the body etc. oh you probably don't know what solarpunk is do you?

hippie modern(the best word I cant think of) basically based from your journal writing it's the green cites we've seen in some concept art for the future
[Image: vincent-callebaut-architectures-paris-sm...0117113046]

well yes and no. The architecture style is different. As it is based on Art Nouveau. Solarpunk looks more like this.
[Image: fantasy-city-design.jpg]
(09-22-2016, 04:28 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2016, 04:26 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]hippie modern(the best word I cant think of) basically based from your journal writing it's the green cites we've seen in some concept art for the future
-hipie city-

well yes and no. The architecture style is different. As it is based on Art Nouveau. Solarpunk looks more like this.
-old slightly modern also hippie-
looks cool, kinda have the fairy tale feel but yet modern-green
(09-22-2016, 04:34 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2016, 04:28 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]well yes and no. The architecture style is different. As it is based on Art Nouveau. Solarpunk looks more like this.
-old slightly modern also hippie-
looks cool, kinda have the fairy tale feel but yet modern-green

XDDDD well it is supposed to be a sci-fi genre like cyberpunk, steampunk, nanopunk, clockpunk etc. Its a culture very centered around the arts and crafts kind of things. I felt it would fit well with my Airheaded Space Sheep which value individuality and creating things as well. 
(09-22-2016, 04:42 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2016, 04:34 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]looks cool, kinda have the fairy tale feel but yet modern-green

XDDDD well it is supposed to be a sci-fi genre like cyberpunk, steampunk, nanopunk, clockpunk etc. Its a culture very centered around the arts and crafts kind of things. I felt it would fit well with my Airheaded Space Sheep which value individuality and creating things as well. 

Im not sure how would the airhead aspect of the shavi will be shown in game, unlikely by the player character but maybe on the NPC or their buildings(villages/random spawn/generated structures)
(09-22-2016, 05:05 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2016, 04:42 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]XDDDD well it is supposed to be a sci-fi genre like cyberpunk, steampunk, nanopunk, clockpunk etc. Its a culture very centered around the arts and crafts kind of things. I felt it would fit well with my Airheaded Space Sheep which value individuality and creating things as well. 

Im not sure how would the airhead aspect of the shavi will be shown in game, unlikely by the player character but maybe on the NPC or their buildings(villages/random spawn/generated structures)

yeah i was imagining it would be shown in buildings being unfinished or they just stop talking in the middle of a sentence as they got distracted by something more interesting or lost interest. For example in the Vault i was thinking some of the Sentinels and Drones would be half built while flying around trying to attack you XD.

Also i imagine they probably don't get along well with Florans due to how violent florans are compared to the Gentleness of the Shavi. Perhaps an Alliance between the Shavi and Hylotl due to the common enemy of the florans.
(09-22-2016, 05:10 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2016, 05:05 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]Im not sure how would the airhead aspect of the shavi will be shown in game, unlikely by the player character but maybe on the NPC or their buildings(villages/random spawn/generated structures)

yeah i was imagining it would be shown in buildings being unfinished or they just stop talking in the middle of a sentence as they got distracted by something more interesting or lost interest. For example in the Vault i was thinking some of the Sentinels and Drones would be half built while flying around trying to attack you XD.

Also i imagine they probably don't get along well with Florans due to how violent florans are compared to the Gentleness of the Shavi. Perhaps an Alliance between the Shavi and Hylotl due to the common enemy of the florans.

I'm not sure about the hylotl and floran relationship now since the new lore and the protectorate, all the 6 main races(apex questionable either the rebel or the minknog is in alliance) are as seemes at peace
(09-22-2016, 05:19 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2016, 05:10 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah i was imagining it would be shown in buildings being unfinished or they just stop talking in the middle of a sentence as they got distracted by something more interesting or lost interest. For example in the Vault i was thinking some of the Sentinels and Drones would be half built while flying around trying to attack you XD.

I'm not sure about the hylotl and floran relationship now since the new lore and the protectorate, all the 6 main races(apex questionable either the rebel or the minknog is in alliance) are as seemes at peace

really? i am so out of touch. I imagine they are still pretty touchy though. The floran did invade their homeworld after all that kind of relationship damage isn't going to heal in a few years, it'll take a few decades if not centuries before they'll completely let bygones be bygones probably
(09-22-2016, 05:23 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2016, 05:19 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure about the hylotl and floran relationship now since the new lore and the protectorate, all the 6 main races(apex questionable either the rebel or the minknog is in alliance) are as seemes at peace

really? i am so out of touch. I imagine they are still pretty touchy though. The floran did invade their homeworld after all that kind of relationship damage isn't going to heal in a few years, it'll take a few decades if not centuries before they'll completely let bygones be bygones probably

I'm not sure, I dont think they did in the new lore, kinda sad all the 6(7) races were unique are now just one similar race that's just reskinned
(09-22-2016, 05:37 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2016, 05:23 AM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]really? i am so out of touch. I imagine they are still pretty touchy though. The floran did invade their homeworld after all that kind of relationship damage isn't going to heal in a few years, it'll take a few decades if not centuries before they'll completely let bygones be bygones probably

I'm not sure, I dont think they did in the new lore, kinda sad all the 6(7) races were unique are now just one similar race that's just reskinned

oh so they completely redid lore, that seems kind of silly but well nothing to be done there, only thing to do is mod the game and create something interesting. Unfortunately I can't mod ^^; At the very least i can come up with concepts and ideas >.< its one of the only things i'm good at.